• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: albertojz356

albertojz356
1 month ago#1
Is he good at anything? All the others that had a rocky start are solid now but he’s still struggling.
Here we go, off the rails.

User Info: ArtiRock

ArtiRock
1 month ago#2
albertojz356 posted...
Is he good at anything? All the others that had a rocky start are solid now but he’s still struggling.

He's like your livable songstress. Just a man. And old
This is the duty of the Grim Angels.

User Info: CircusMonster

CircusMonster
1 month ago#3
What have you been doing with him class wise so far?
PSN: Applefudge1
Switch Friend Code:SW-3508-4376-1116

User Info: Someguy1006

Someguy1006
1 month ago#4
When I used him he was quite good. He has some very good spells like Thoron and Meteor. Getting him Fiendish Blow is a must due to his not so good enemy phase.

I'm pretty sure since you recruit him as a mage he'll always have a 65% magic growth when he levels up in the mage pathway.
Holding out for Pikmin 4
Official Young Red Eyes Black Tunic Link

User Info: MartinAW4

MartinAW4
1 month ago#5
He's actually quite good. He has the 2nd highest Mag growth in the game coupled with good defenses and dex, a crest as well as one of the best Reason spell lists in the game.

But his main problem is that terrible speed growth. Still it might not be as bad as it seems because on hard difficulty, he'll be one-shotting everything anyway and on Maddening, even units with twice his speed growth cannot double, so he's not losing anything there either.

His main problem is the existence of Dorothea who trades 15% Mag growth for 20% Speed growth, has access to the Gremory class and Darting Blow, learns the best healing spell Physic on the Faith side and somehow manages to have an even better Reason spell list than Hanneman.
So if you only have one spot for a mage on your team, there's very little reason to use Hanneman over Dorothea.

User Info: Kina_Skynight

Kina_Skynight
1 month ago#6
I wanna make him a Dark Bishop path, good for him? Lol, going on my Church run, but I gotta find a use for them Dark Seal.

User Info: MinatoNarukam

MinatoNarukam
1 month ago#7
Meteor on a Dark Knight is a hell of a drug. Hanneman has such an easy time getting into Dark Knight, and giving him the Caduceus Staff expands his already large range as a mage. 4 Range Thoron and 11 Range Thoron coming from a Dark Knight will hurt. A lot.
"You can't escape, Shining Binds!"

User Info: NeonDragon9000

NeonDragon9000
1 month ago#8
Kina_Skynight posted...
I wanna make him a Dark Bishop path, good for him? Lol, going on my Church run, but I gotta find a use for them Dark Seal.
Can work. Give him a forged Magic Bow in addition to his spells. Both him and Mercedes are the best Magic Bow users.
nd9k: everything i post is terrible

User Info: Kina_Skynight

Kina_Skynight
1 month ago#9
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Can work. Give him a forged Magic Bow in addition to his spells. Both him and Mercedes are the best Magic Bow users.

Right, thanks. Also how do you guys generally use perma boost?

I dunno since this is my first Fire Emblem, I don't even know skill level up is random lol

The first playtrough I just dump every perma boost onto Byleth X'D

User Info: NeonDragon9000

NeonDragon9000
1 month ago#10
Kina_Skynight posted...
Right, thanks. Also how do you guys generally use perma boost?

I dunno since this is my first Fire Emblem, I don't even know skill level up is random lol

The first playtrough I just dump every perma boost onto Byleth X'D
Either boost your units' best stats, or bring up their weaknesses.
nd9k: everything i post is terrible
  • Topic Archived