• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Should Nintendo add a brige difficulty between Hard and Maddening?

User Info: Taiphlosion

Taiphlosion
2 months ago#11
ArtiRock posted...
Fix maddening. I want enemies to use combat arts and use appreciable weapons that make them scarier.plus, it's stupid goofy that edlegard with her default weapon is doubled by the entire map.

The snipers on chapter 18 BL maddening use combat arts, and believe me, you don't want that. Too unpredictable. You have to check EVERY enemy to see if they have a problematic art. You put a fragile unit outside their range and when you least expect, they murder them with deadeye, which does not show up on their attack range.
Proud member of the Shadow Dragon and TMS#FE defense forces.

User Info: Tmaster148

Tmaster148
2 months ago#12
I haven't really found maddening to be "too hard". I would say it's closer to what I would expect from a hard mode than the current hard mode.
http://i.imgur.com/BBcZDLJ.png

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
2 months ago#13
Seems fine so far, a noticable jump from Hard but not 'too' big. I don't think we need an inbetween.

User Info: MisterNobody

MisterNobody
2 months ago#14
Taiphlosion posted...
The snipers on chapter 18 BL maddening use combat arts, and believe me, you don't want that. Too unpredictable. You have to check EVERY enemy to see if they have a problematic art. You put a fragile unit outside their range and when you least expect, they murder them with deadeye, which does not show up on their attack range.

On the contrary, that's precisely what myself and probably the guy you responded to wants. Even if it's necessary to lower the enemy stats.

Actually having to pay attention to enemy abilities and skills and counter them is actual difficulty.

User Info: f001er

f001er
2 months ago#15
I feel like it's a perfect balance. You play as heroes on hard and you play as enemies on maddening. I guess infernal would be you play as rattled enemies or something.

Anyway maddening is not that bad, grinding is possible and yellow auxiliary battles help a lot and you just intended to use that, or use renown. Some maniacs can probably even beat it without all of that.

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
2 months ago#16
It's called maddening casual mode lmao
Byleth reaches for Dimitri's hand, Dimitri:"Sensei!! ", Edelgard walks up, smash his face in, "Oh Im sorry, did i break your concentration?"

User Info: Dandelionel

Dandelionel
2 months ago#17
maddening is actually easier early game and gets harder eventually

so no, this is one of the very few hard modes in the saga that is harder late game (alongside Conquest Lunatic)
Bye sister, thank u next

User Info: mudkip72

mudkip72
2 months ago#18
I think so.
Current Hard mode feels like a normal difficulty, while Maddening seems appropriate for what it is, so IMO there is a missing gap.

User Info: Fudanshi

Fudanshi
2 months ago#19
Hard is a bit on the easy side for being the middle difficulty but it's not too easy in my opinion, it's just y'all break it by grinding and stuff like that.
Hard without any grinding/statues/etc. isn't really that much easier than Maddening, except for certain key chapters.

Maddening isn't very hard except in the beginning and very end so I don't feel the need to bridge it simply because the first few chapters are hard.
"Papa, I have to say one more thing before we leave. ...Rrrgh rawrggh rrh! That's dragon for "I love you!"
- The Most Precious Thing in existence

User Info: ArtiRock

ArtiRock
2 months ago#20
MisterNobody posted...
Taiphlosion posted...

On the contrary, that's precisely what myself and probably the guy you responded to wants. Even if it's necessary to lower the enemy stats.

Actually having to pay attention to enemy abilities and skills and counter them is actual difficulty.

That's exactly what I do want without stupid amounts of stat inflation and slashing exp gains to further the stat discrepancy.
This is the duty of the Grim Angels.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Should Nintendo add a brige difficulty between Hard and Maddening?
  • Topic Archived