• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
4 weeks ago#1
Does anybody know what triggers the thieves running away? I thought they were supposed to stay put until you started attacking them, but on my Maddening attempt they began booking it by turn 5 or so, which is WAY too fast for me to position to block them on Maddening.
Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck!

User Info: MarkofWisdom

MarkofWisdom
4 weeks ago#2
Metal Gear Raxis posted...
Does anybody know what triggers the thieves running away? I thought they were supposed to stay put until you started attacking them, but on my Maddening attempt they began booking it by turn 5 or so, which is WAY too fast for me to position to block them on Maddening.

it's possible maddening changed their AI so they always run starting on a certain turn, like they changed other AI
3DS FC-1564-2439-6230
Switch: SW-0109-5810-2135

Metal Gear Raxis
4 weeks ago#3
@MarkofWisdom posted...

it's possible maddening changed their AI so they always run starting on a certain turn, like they changed other AI

I don't recall other instances of AI changes aside from some bosses moving.
Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck!

User Info: warriorman222

warriorman222
4 weeks ago#4
They started running around Turn 4-5 on my Hard Byleth solo. I think it's always been that way; the map is just so easy that youstart attacking the Thieves by then.

Anyways, have your main force attack the bottom force, have Fliers and archers kill the mages and have either a strong flier off aThrysus Mage + healer attack the archers. Within 3 turns that's probably 2 strongholds taken and one with all its defenders gone so you can then have your bottom-left force descend on the Thieves and scattered enemies while the right squad carries Stride to rush the top boss (you'll need to only bait the Brawler or get destroyed by it+Brigand though) and the soloist kills the Archer boss. It's one of the few maps where designating roles to certain units makes it very easy.
How to not care: http://i.imgur.com/G3hKKOO.png How to say no: http://i.imgur.com/J0YBPHP.png
3DS FC: 3866-8698-4754

Metal Gear Raxis
4 weeks ago#5
warriorman222 posted...
They started running around Turn 4-5 on my Hard Byleth solo. I think it's always been that way; the map is just so easy that youstart attacking the Thieves by then.

Anyways, have your main force attack the bottom force, have Fliers and archers kill the mages and have either a strong flier off aThrysus Mage + healer attack the archers. Within 3 turns that's probably 2 strongholds taken and one with all its defenders gone so you can then have your bottom-left force descend on the Thieves and scattered enemies while the right squad carries Stride to rush the top boss (you'll need to only bait the Brawler or get destroyed by it+Brigand though) and the soloist kills the Archer boss. It's one of the few maps where designating roles to certain units makes it very easy.

I'm on Maddening, you know. Mages and grapplers are undoublable, which means they're very difficult to ORKO. Also, thieves have pass so I can't block them.

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
4 weeks ago#6
I just did that map, and it was a b****. Top left and bottom right were relatively easy to deal with just send some splinters. I ended up backing Sylvain as far as he could go to bait the first sword unit, and sent Byleth towards the thieves. On the other side, I took potshots with my archers at the top right and, after taking care of the bottom righ, sent a Mage around to slap the s*** out of the bottom middle armor Knight. By that point, the thieves had started running, so I sent my archers and other Mage into the upper right and took out that general. From there it was cleanup.
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
Bisexual and proud

User Info: warriorman222

warriorman222
4 weeks ago#7
warriorman222 posted...

I'm on Maddening, you know. Mages and grapplers are undoublable, which means they're very difficult to ORKO. Also, thieves have pass so I can't block them.

The above was my Maddening strategy though. You bait the Brawler from the tip of his fans and nobody else because he quads everyone and baiting him aggros most other enemies defending the Axe Boss. If you get Hit by the Brawler and Brigand though you're 99% dead so you can't bait both. It's thanks to that I killed the Axe 2 turns veggie the Speedwing thief would have reached the tile.

My above strategy worked for me in GD Maddening. Maybe you'll have to put more units into killing the Bow Boss without Lysithea 1-shotting all the goons, but it's still doable with few units and a faraway Physic. You just have to rush quite a bit more since you can't just choke a point with a dismounted flier and block half the Thieves.
How to not care: http://i.imgur.com/G3hKKOO.png How to say no: http://i.imgur.com/J0YBPHP.png
3DS FC: 3866-8698-4754

User Info: Binkster

Binkster
4 weeks ago#8
@MarkofWisdom posted...

On chapter 5, if the archer in the middle room faces combat, the entire enemy army comes at you.
"Not to sway your opinion, but... You? Me? Golden Deer? We could be great together." Claude von Reigan (FE:Three Houses)
Official Claude of FETH Board

Metal Gear Raxis
4 weeks ago#9
Binkster posted...
@MarkofWisdom posted...

On chapter 5, if the archer in the middle room faces combat, the entire enemy army comes at you.

It's always been like that

User Info: Ahuehue13

Ahuehue13
4 weeks ago#10
What chapter were you able to beat it? I'm trying to beat it right as it unlocked, but I feel like it's impossible because everyone just gets doubled and even byleth can't double with food buffs. I tried the sothis paralogue, Lorenz, etc.... But they're all way too hard. Golden deer btw everyone like around lvl 15~ but had a lot of bad level up stats
  • Topic Archived