• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Best class for Byleth?

User Info: petermn88

petermn88
4 weeks ago#1
Wyvern Lord or one of the sword classes?

User Info: daytonthegreat

daytonthegreat
4 weeks ago#2
Byleth can be literally anything and have it be called his/her best class....if I were you just pick your favorite class that you like using the most. For me if I am using Male Byleth, I like using the War Master class since it mostly relies on brute strength and to be a reliable tank. For female Byleth, she was fun as a Falcon Knight.
I liked this Story....
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9045624/1/Fire-Emblem-Awakening-Hexes-and-Proposals FC: 4554-1008-8812

User Info: Basileus777

Basileus777
4 weeks ago#3
Wyvern Lord is the best class. The issue with Byleth is that his skill growth lags behind everyone else and Enlightened One is a free promotion.

User Info: Frosslass

Frosslass
4 weeks ago#4
daytonthegreat posted...
Byleth can be literally anything and have it be called his/her best class....if I were you just pick your favorite class that you like using the most. For me if I am using Male Byleth, I like using the War Master class since it mostly relies on brute strength and to be a reliable tank. For female Byleth, she was fun as a Falcon Knight.

mage byleth suffers from terrible growth rng (had 4 levels where mag did not go up once sigh), in my opinion the best classes for Byleth outside their exclusive would be Dark knight or Mortal savant but you also can't go wrong with Op Wyvern Lord, hmm the point of pegasus knight is to be a mage killer, sure female Byleth can wield a sword like no other Pegasus knight but Ingrid outdoes her in what what Pegasi are supposed to do.

I really want a fully customizable avatar instead of the generic malee swordie, well to be precise a hybrid like Corrin but I wanna go full mage and so far these fire emblem avatar games are saying no X_X
Heal the body heal the heart, grant us...the light of the dawn! I'm male, Froslass is my fave pokemon.
3ds FC:0533-8425-6775

User Info: Tanookichris

Tanookichris
4 weeks ago#5
Basileus777 posted...
Wyvern Lord is the best class. The issue with Byleth is that his skill growth lags behind everyone else and Enlightened One is a free promotion.
Damn I wish the Enlightened one has a better design......

User Info: daytonthegreat

daytonthegreat
4 weeks ago#6
Frosslass posted...
daytonthegreat posted...

mage byleth suffers from terrible growth rng (had 4 levels where mag did not go up once sigh), in my opinion the best classes for Byleth outside their exclusive would be Dark knight or Mortal savant but you also can't go wrong with Op Wyvern Lord, hmm the point of pegasus knight is to be a mage killer, sure female Byleth can wield a sword like no other Pegasus knight but Ingrid outdoes her in what what Pegasi are supposed to do.

I really want a fully customizable avatar instead of the generic malee swordie, well to be precise a hybrid like Corrin but I wanna go full mage and so far these fire emblem avatar games are saying no X_X

I agree with this statement but the point I am trying to come across is rather not go straight towards the op strats but rather experiment to see what might benefit the house you are currently using. I am not looking for stats or stat growths but instead looking at the abilities and skills you can quickly pick up before moving towards the ideal class that most people suggest. Once again I do agree with the statement but where would the fun be in that ?
I liked this Story....
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9045624/1/Fire-Emblem-Awakening-Hexes-and-Proposals FC: 4554-1008-8812

User Info: Alias901

Alias901
4 weeks ago#7
Falco knight or assassin

User Info: Jinnobi

Jinnobi
4 weeks ago#8
Don't buy into the hype. There is no "best class," and if there was Wyvern Lord wouldn't be it.

People seem to think Wyvern Lord is the best offensive class, but War Master beats Wyvern Lord in terms of damage, hands down. Mortal Savant and Dark Knight runs circles around Wyvern Lord in terms of versatility. Gremory is *far* more versatile while dealing competitive magic damage. Bow Knight can deal damage at huge range. Great Knights are far more defensive. Etc etc

Also, people conveniently forget that Wyvern Lords have weak resistance, and are weak to arrows. Magic and arrows drop them like flies. And if we're going to bring up some rare item that stops arrows from being super effective, we can assume the Gremory/Mortal Savant has Thyrsus, we can assume that our War Master is Felix (already a great choice) and is rocking his legendary shield which gives him Dex% chance to cut sword/lance/axe/bow/magic damage in half, etc. Point being we can always find a way to make certain units absolutely busted via special items that have little/nothing to do with the class.

All forums have there own tribal beliefs. It just so happens that Gamefaqs has a few vocal people who worship Wyvern Lord because they have slightly higher stats on paper. This is acknowledged in-game, right along side of their weakness to bows and magic.
Now that Maddening has more intelligent, more aggressive units + archers that have 3 range by default + faster & stronger mages + Thieves/Swordmasters/Assassins with absurdly high speed/dex/axebreaker + a higher number/density of units, the hyper aggressive strategy that Wyvern Lords allow (high movement + bigchunky axe hits) is going to be severely curtailed. This is supposed to be a strategy game, not a color-by-numbers combat simulator. And - surprise! - versatility becomes invaluable when strategy is at a premium, because it allows you to adapt to the situation, have multiple plans of action, be able to change your damage type to best suit the situation, etc. All of which is poppycock and fluff in a game mode that allows you to brute force your way to the end (i.e. Hard Mode).

Maddening won't be beaten by unga bunga dracometeor-me-smash ACCRUE MAX WYVERN LORDS strategy. Versatility is strength, even if it doesn't appear on paper as readily as xBigxNumberzx and rAw StAtIsTicS.

User Info: EdeaCreamer

EdeaCreamer
4 weeks ago#9
On Normal and Hard, do whatever you want. Run Byleth as a Fortress Knight if you want, it really doesn't matter.

For Maddening, I think Enlightened One just being easy to access while not eating up any of your activity points is enough to make it their 'best' class, despite a lot being wrong with it.
Fifth of cognac, add some triple-sec...
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Best class for Byleth?
  • Topic Archived