• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Best core for Maddening?

User Info: Mudkip_in_Space

Mudkip_in_Space
4 weeks ago#1
Lysithea, Felix, and Mercedes come to mind for what they offer, what about others?
playing: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

User Info: Mega_Gardevoir

Mega_Gardevoir
4 weeks ago#2
You'd need a tank ideally, where options are limited to Dedue and Raphael. Or maybe Ferdinant?

Is Felix the main archer? If not, then definitely a Bow Knight too. Leonie or Bernie.

Also, I find it useful to be able to Warp Lysithea herself. Linhardt provides good utility and can soak magic in a pinch.

Otherwise you'd want at least 1 flier for a few specific maps. Your choice really. Sylvain, Hilda and Petra are common choices.

You don't need much more than that + Byleth and local Lord. Plus a Dancer of choice for filler.
MG

User Info: Fudanshi

Fudanshi
4 weeks ago#3
Dedue comes to mind.
He has served me very well as an Armor Knight.

Having some sort of tank is really helpful.
"Papa, I have to say one more thing before we leave. ...Rrrgh rawrggh rrh! That's dragon for "I love you!"
- The Most Precious Thing in existence

User Info: PurpleEchoes

PurpleEchoes
4 weeks ago#4
Keep Silvayn around. Easy lance of ruin + knightkeeler, and easy Wyvern. Gonna be really useful
"I don't want fear for a future, that may not even come, to stop me from acting today."

User Info: Mocorongo

Mocorongo
4 weeks ago#5
A meat shield is a must, they are life savers. I'm on a GD run and Raphael is helping a lot.

Btw, the "autolevel" that characters outside your house will get is great on Maddening, they are amazing for Mission Assistance and late recruit.
The best bless is health and money: With health you can do almost anything - money can let you do the rest
And a good health allows you to build money - win/win

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
4 weeks ago#6
Mocorongo posted...
Btw, the "autolevel" that characters outside your house will get is great on Maddening, they are amazing for Mission Assistance and late recruit.
My Ferdinand got pretty average level ups and sylvain lorenz and ingrid are recruited early and they just got way better stats as recruit early on. Especially maddening some early stats make first few chapters alot more manageable.
Byleth reaches for Dimitri's hand, Dimitri:"Sensei!! ", Edelgard walks up, smash his face in, "Oh Im sorry, did i break your concentration?"

User Info: Taiphlosion

Taiphlosion
4 weeks ago#7
Annette is a great rally bot
Proud member of the Shadow Dragon and TMS#FE defense forces.

User Info: Mudkip_in_Space

Mudkip_in_Space
4 weeks ago#8
- Dimitri
- Dedue
- Mercedes
- Sylvain
- Felix
- Lysithea
- Annette
- Bernadetta

wow BL too strong
playing: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

User Info: EdeaCreamer

EdeaCreamer
4 weeks ago#9
Yeah, in fact it seems for this mode the more students from outside your core house the better, as they'll get around the atrocious Exp. penalties via auto-leveling. Did their recruitment requirements become more stringent?
Fifth of cognac, add some triple-sec...
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Best core for Maddening?
  • Topic Archived