• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How much do you like this person's personality: Ashe?

User Info: Chefcook90

Chefcook90
4 weeks ago#21
I feel like the people who say, "Ashe only ever talks about Lonato," have interacted with him EXCLUSIVELY through his monastery conversations, and haven't actually read his supports or fielded him as a unit.

Like others have said, he only brings up his dad when it's appropriate for he story or relevant to the topic at hand.

Lonato's rebellion is kind of an important plot point, so of course his adoptive son is going to talk about it - it would be weirder if he didn't.
FE Fates Castle: 16268-39691-00496-50003
"Now I am become /rant, the destroyer of threads." - a user laments his giant walls of text

User Info: RegalX7

RegalX7
4 weeks ago#22
I have trouble discerning Ashe's personality; he's a non-entity.

That's probably why people are claiming he always talks about Lonato - what else CAN you remember him talking about?
SoloAce00: "I'm getting sick of hearing you bash us for saying M ratings make the game good."

User Info: votris11

votris11
4 weeks ago#23
Thrasher7170 posted...
Mega_Gardevoir posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...
Pre TS, yes. Post TS, he has two. I was exaggerating, yes, but he still talks about Rhea faaaaaar more than any other character talks about their role model.
I always felt like Cyril is supposed to represent the average citizen that is completely dependent on Rhea/the church just because they helped them out once.

When he talks about Rhea's achievements and why he loves her I imagine that's how the average devout follower feels. Even if Cyril doesn't care for the religion bit.

But imo, compared to Cyril and Leonie I'd say Ashe is pretty tame as far as idolization goes.

Compared to Cyril and Leonie, Ashe isn’t even idolizing.

Cyril: *unprompted* “Lady Rhea is the greatest person to ever exist and if you disagree you’re wrong. My existence is dedicated to Rhea wholeheartedly.”

Leonie: *also unprompted* “I’m Jeralt’s First and Greatest Apprentice. He’s my hero and you don’t appreciate him enough.”

Ashe: *in response to a question where Lonato is relevant* “Yeah, Lonato did this for me. He was a great dude.” *continues talking about the stuff that isn’t Lonato*

Pretty much. Not to mention it's actually interesting when Ashe talks about Lonato. Not only do we know Lonato little of what he's like in the story, especially compared to Rhea and Jeralt (and actually learn things about him, like do you learn all that much every time Cyril and Leonie talks about Rhea or Jeralt), we understand why Ashe acts the way he does. I love how we can connect Ashe B support Byleth to understand why Ashe acts so naive with his support with Caspar.

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
4 weeks ago#24
RegalX7 posted...

That's probably why people are claiming he always talks about Lonato - what else CAN you remember him talking about?

His love of books.

His desire to become a "true knight" and uphold the ideals of justice and honor.

His childhood as a thief, necessitated by his siblings' needs.

His fear of ghosts.
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
Bisexual and proud

User Info: Walshin

Walshin
4 weeks ago#25
RegalX7 posted...

User Info: Chefcook90

Chefcook90
4 weeks ago#26
Thrasher7170 posted...
RegalX7 posted...

His love of books.

His desire to become a "true knight" and uphold the ideals of justice and honor.

His childhood as a thief, necessitated by his siblings' needs.

His fear of ghosts.

Don't forget cooking and herbalism!
FE Fates Castle: 16268-39691-00496-50003
"Now I am become /rant, the destroyer of threads." - a user laments his giant walls of text

User Info: Emperor_mateus

Emperor_mateus
4 weeks ago#27
9: Very nice.

Ashe isn't the most interesting character in terms of lore and story but he's always very likable and sympathetic. He's an endearing guy with a very nice arc at the beginning.
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...

User Info: Xac351

Xac351
4 weeks ago#28
Misha-Heart posted...
Someguy1006 posted...
Not very good. People talk about Cyril bringing up Rhea often but Ashe is much worse with Lonato.

This board really needs to stop memeing that he talks about Lonato all the time.

Honestly, this page has mentioned Lonato more than I think Ashe has himself.

People just tend to look for certain things to latch on to, quite unfairly. Just like how Mangs and Mekkah spent all of the first of Ferdinand's supports listening almost exclusively for him to drop the word "noble" so they could make fun of him, or the writing, or both. And how they chose to b**** about Bernadetta's jumpyness as if her reaching a B support with one person is supposed to not make her jumpy with a DIFFERENT classmate in her C support with them. It was unfair. I know Mangs is on the BL route now, I stopped watching his playthrough a few episodes after the Miklan chapter. I couldn't stand his whining at that point, as it was getting a little unfair toward the game.
Pit has the best thighs and I'd wiggity-wiggity WRECK that butt.

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
4 weeks ago#29
This board really needs to stop memeing that he talks about Lonato all the time.

He certainly does the only times we actually hear him when we don't actively seek him out and talk to him.

And why would we seek him out and talk to him? He's boring!
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: Osranger

Osranger
4 weeks ago#30
Ashe is a cute, nerdy boy who likes stories and is and provides an interesting perspective on how common folk are influenced by knights. The reputations and legends of knights inspire Ashe to be one of the kindest, gentlest souls in all of Fodlan in spite of his upbringing, even if the reality of those knights was much darker (will the legends of Dimitri include his wild boar years?)

Mercedes provides a similar perspective about the church, which also has a dark side.
have a cookie.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How much do you like this person's personality: Ashe?
  • Topic Archived