• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. The exp gain in Maddening is, well, maddening

User Info: TheFuzz3451

TheFuzz3451
1 month ago#1
Raf's level 1, killed 2 level 3 enemies, along with battling another, and he's gotten 21 exp? Come on
You're only as sick as your secrets, but the truth shall set you free.
The truth is the truth, so all you can do is live with it.

User Info: Osranger

Osranger
1 month ago#2
Just wait until you level up and only get Dex, Luck, and Charisma bonuses.

5 times in a row.

have a cookie.

User Info: Ku-Ri-Boh

Ku-Ri-Boh
1 month ago#3
@beelzemon
I know what your name stands for dude. SexyDragonTidal. You furries... or whatever you guys call yourself... you guys make me sick and have made me afraid to se

TheFuzz3451
1 month ago#4
Chapter 2 with the bandits is so much fun. I love luring every single group of enemies to the same spot and then ganging up on them with combat artes

User Info: NeonDragon9000

NeonDragon9000
1 month ago#5
artes
nd9k: everything i post is terrible
(message deleted)

User Info: SirBob1137

SirBob1137
1 month ago#7
Honestly, this sounds like it’s not going to be fun. Stat boosting items, I might actually use you wisely this time rather than spamming them all down Ingrid’s throat for the final battle so she can survive.

User Info: kazooie959

kazooie959
1 month ago#8
I don't mind the smaller XP gains. It's getting to a new level and getting only HP and Luck that is maddening. Wish growth rates were slightly better... As they are now one or two bad level ups and the unit is screwed for a non NG+ maddening run...
I am the great Kazoo! FEAR THE FEATHERS!!!

User Info: Mega_Gardevoir

Mega_Gardevoir
1 month ago#9
It seems like the mode takes statue bonuses into account, which take you back to roughly the normal rate pre-statue boost.

But yeah, Exp management has always been crucial in high difficulty FE. You pretty much low-man with your absolute best 8 and 2 healers/dancer who ideally never have to fight. Or make that 7 with 2 healers and a dancer.

Basically, using people who are merely "average" is just not recommended since they will need extreme help to stay alive.
MG

TheFuzz3451
1 month ago#10
SirBob1137 posted...
Honestly, this sounds like it’s not going to be fun. Stat boosting items, I might actually use you wisely this time rather than spamming them all down Ingrid’s throat for the final battle so she can survive.

It's been fun so far in a gimmicky sort of way, but I'm only on chapter 2. If the entire game turns into a "lure enemies into an enclosed space 2 or 3 at a time and every map takes 40 turns" fest then it'll get tedious real quick
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. The exp gain in Maddening is, well, maddening
  • Topic Archived