• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Huge Renown Boost after Patch/DLC

User Info: Dalquist

Dalquist
4 days ago#1
Before the patch I had about 12000 and now I have 42600. Was this a one-time bonus or did they make changes to the renown system? I'm on my fourth playthrough (NG+++).

User Info: Someguy1006

Someguy1006
4 days ago#2
I thonk that you get 10,000 renown for each completed playthrough in NG+. It caps at 50,000.
Holding out for Pikmin 4
Official Young Red Eyes Black Tunic Link

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
4 days ago#3
Someguy1006 posted...
I thonk that you get 10,000 renown for each completed playthrough in NG+. It caps at 50,000.

10k for normal, 20k for hard, and 30k for maddening
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: Sentinel07

Sentinel07
4 days ago#4
Someguy1006 posted...

If that's the case, then they must be giving a pass to start or something.

Because I ended up with 58000 renown after the boost.

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
4 days ago#5
Thought it caps at 500k
Byleth reaches for Dimitri's hand, Dimitri:"Sensei!! ", Edelgard walks up, smash his face in, "Oh Im sorry, did i break your concentration?"

User Info: Someguy1006

Someguy1006
4 days ago#6
Sentinel07 posted...
Someguy1006 posted...

If that's the case, then they must be giving a pass to start or something.

Because I ended up with 58000 renown after the boost.

Only the extra bonus renown from completing playthroughs that got added in this update caps at 50K. I'm not sure about the actual renown cap.

superxgaga posted...
Thought it caps at 500k

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/09/full_patch_notes_for_fire_emblem_three_houses_version_1_0_2

I got the figure of 50K from the patch notes saying that the bonus renown from completing Three Houses paths went up to 50K.
Holding out for Pikmin 4
Official Young Red Eyes Black Tunic Link

User Info: KevinCC

KevinCC
4 days ago#7
So that's where my random 20K renown came from...

I used it to boost unrecruited characters to B Support - Catherine was so happy to join me despite being a Level 7 Swordmaster (13 levels too early, the lowest level she can be recruited at without hacking).
Kissed-by-fire Emblem: You know nothing, Prince Chrom.

User Info: MrPerson01

MrPerson01
4 days ago#8
In addition to the game clear bonus (3,000 for Normal, 6,000 for Hard, don't know for Maddening), you get an extra 10,000 renown for the amount of times you cleared a game. The extra renown caps at 50,000.

User Info: Jacien

Jacien
1 hour ago#9
Maddening is a bonus of 9,000 Renown.

Tested with my own saves that had Maddening cleared from launch. ;)
"Just because it appeals to children doesn't exclude me from enjoying it."

User Info: mada7

mada7
5 minutes ago#10
Spending all this renown is tough. Even just 1 normal clear gets you 13 000 plus whatever you had left over. That alone is enough to get you max professor level, and all students not in your house to B support and still have some left over probably. The statues are a good sink but theyll likely be mostly completed by the end of that first run.
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Huge Renown Boost after Patch/DLC
  • Post New Message