• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Which Fire Emblem game has overall the worst characters in the series?

User Info: Gossipgirl

Gossipgirl
4 days ago#1
In terms of likability and personality, not usefulness

Had to combine Thracia and Genealogy due to only 10 poll options (they share a good number of characters though). Vote for your least favourite overall cast.
You know you love me...
XOXO

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
4 days ago#2
If I only count NEW characters introduced in that game probably Radiant Dawn. The only interesting characters are either from POR with maybe Michaiah as an exception but she spends part 4 just being a mouthpiece for Yune so....

The Dawn Brigade are soooooooooo boring and underdeveloped, with Meg being the worst offender who's only there to pay off a gag from one of Brom's supports in POR. The game's lack of real support conversations and the new characters having to share the spotlight with the POR crew didn't help.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Homecoming683

Homecoming683
4 days ago#3
Awakening, hands down. I'd go on a tirade why I feel that way, but basically, it's the only game that outright delves into stereotypes than just harmless old archetypes. The beefhead who seeks to become the world's best warrior? Check. The emotionally-stunted hyper-intellectual mage? Check. Two barely heroic quasi-evil dark mages? Check. And those are just the worst offenders that come to mind.

You know your cast has issues when the intended Hate Sink (Gangrel, who's that game's Best Boi) is the one character I unironically like.

User Info: chicksan

chicksan
4 days ago#4
Sacred Stones cast is quite bland but they aren't bad

Fates in general have a very unlikeable cast imo. Even so they aren't horrible
Sorry for my bad english

User Info: Gossipgirl

Gossipgirl
4 days ago#5
chicksan posted...
Sacred Stones cast is quite bland but they aren't bad

Fates in general have a very unlikeable cast imo. Even so they aren't horrible

Fates was pretty decent in terms of designing characters but they’re personalities are often trash, they’re mostly just stupid tropes. Looking at Camilla, Felicia, Elise and such in particular.
You know you love me...
XOXO
Sacred Stones for me. The characters were mostly dull. Specially Ephraim.

Fates had decent characters just as much as it had crappy ones. There's some charm in them, specially the royals. Even Corrin, the most boring of the bunch, is still preferable to Ephraim for me.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Tombstone1988

Tombstone1988
4 days ago#7
"In terms of likeability and personality"

Do most of the characters from Shadow Dragon even have personalities?
Tombstone1988 posted...
"In terms of likeability and personality"

Do most of the characters from Shadow Dragon even have personalities?

I don't remember them having any, but then again, just about everyone has about 0 backstory and barely any screen time.
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS, Nintendo ID: Devil_JCS, 3DS FC: 4596-9592-6480 MH4U, MHG and MHW IGN: JC

User Info: Someguy1006

Someguy1006
4 days ago#9
Shadow Dragon is the easy answer so I'll go with Awakening.

Awakening's characters are just so bland and forgettable. I don't like all of Fates' characters but at least I still remember a good amount of them.
Holding out for Pikmin 4
Official Young Red Eyes Black Tunic Link

User Info: Nakedbacon

Nakedbacon
4 days ago#10
RIP Fates. At least I enjoyed them. Correction: MOST of them.
If I can change my name I would. You can find me everywhere else as OrcaWolf.
(edited 4 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Which Fire Emblem game has overall the worst characters in the series?
  • Post New Message