• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you hate Edelgard as a character...

User Info: Homecoming683

Homecoming683
4 days ago#51
G-O-F posted...
Homecoming683 posted...
Regal_Bryant12 posted...
Homecoming683 posted...
Nintendoomed89 posted...
Captainflash posted...
I mean, if we’re talking MCU, Edelgard’s Killmonger, not Thanos.

Now Killmonger was 100% right, it's just that his methods were wrong.

Now I actually agree with Edelgard starting the war, but yes this is a much better comparison.

Killmonger is somebody who was wronged by the world, and I found him really sympathetic. Pity he was led onto the path of darkness by his own grieving.

God, Black Panther was such a good movie. Take notes, Captain Marvel; that's how you do a minority film right.

Captain Marvel isn't a minority film. There are more women than men on the planet.

I know, but politically speaking, they were always the underdogs. Which is why Wonder Woman (a good film IMO) helped buckle the trend of guys being the lead protagonists, y'know?

I ain't against films representing societal underdogs in that front. But on one hand you get Alita: Battle Angel, and on the other... Ghostbusters 2016...

*groans of increasing discomfort*

Ghostbusters... yeah that was not a good execution... 😓, im all for having All Female Stories also and other things, but sometimes it doesn't fly well and it sucks when people are unable to say anything because you are seen as a bad person for criticizing something involving a group 😕

Oof, right? Yeesh.

And there's gonna be a sequel... God help us. XD

User Info: G-O-F

G-O-F
4 days ago#52
Homecoming683 posted...
G-O-F posted...
Homecoming683 posted...
Regal_Bryant12 posted...
Homecoming683 posted...
Nintendoomed89 posted...
Captainflash posted...
I mean, if we’re talking MCU, Edelgard’s Killmonger, not Thanos.

Now Killmonger was 100% right, it's just that his methods were wrong.

Now I actually agree with Edelgard starting the war, but yes this is a much better comparison.

Killmonger is somebody who was wronged by the world, and I found him really sympathetic. Pity he was led onto the path of darkness by his own grieving.

God, Black Panther was such a good movie. Take notes, Captain Marvel; that's how you do a minority film right.

Captain Marvel isn't a minority film. There are more women than men on the planet.

I know, but politically speaking, they were always the underdogs. Which is why Wonder Woman (a good film IMO) helped buckle the trend of guys being the lead protagonists, y'know?

I ain't against films representing societal underdogs in that front. But on one hand you get Alita: Battle Angel, and on the other... Ghostbusters 2016...

*groans of increasing discomfort*

Ghostbusters... yeah that was not a good execution... 😓, im all for having All Female Stories also and other things, but sometimes it doesn't fly well and it sucks when people are unable to say anything because you are seen as a bad person for criticizing something involving a group 😕

Oof, right? Yeesh.

And there's gonna be a sequel... God help us. XD

Wasn't the 2020 Sequel with a new cast though? Or am i wrong? It feels like it is Ghostbusters 3 more than a Reboot.
Best Games of 2018 list: God of War, Spider Man, Monster Hunter World, Smash Ult
Playing 2019: DMC V, REmake 2, ToV DE, Sekiro, MK11, FE TH, Borderlands 3.

User Info: Homecoming683

Homecoming683
4 days ago#53
G-O-F posted...
Wasn't the 2020 Sequel with a new cast though? Or am i wrong? It feels like it is Ghostbusters 3 more than a Reboot.

I dunno, haven't seen in a bit. Might as well check again, though.

But y'know what they say about bad writing transcending genders... xD

User Info: DrGaster

DrGaster
4 days ago#54
Don't like Thanos. Dunno how I feel about Edelgard. I wish the game had gone into more detail about the church's crimes. Edelgard says they split Fodlan into three to spread discord and maintain control. She doesn't say how they do this, but Claude agrees with her and nobody is fighting this claim, so I guess I just have to take her at her word?
GameFAQs: A place where nerds and losers can come together and become the bullies they've always wanted to be.

User Info: Captainflash

Captainflash
4 days ago#55
DrGaster posted...
Don't like Thanos. Dunno how I feel about Edelgard. I wish the game had gone into more detail about the church's crimes. Edelgard says they split Fodlan into three to spread discord and maintain control. She doesn't say how they do this, but Claude agrees with her and nobody is fighting this claim, so I guess I just have to take her at her word?
It's like a lot of things in this game- it may have been the Church's intent to split the continent up so Rhea can maintain control-Manuela says something along those lines in a monastery conversation in CF, and there's an early game guy who says that the Church helped create a peace agreement between Faergus and the Empire on condition they could proselytize-but we're never given explicit confirmation. It makes sense to me and fits Rhea's character. It's left to the player to decide, just like whether you fully believe Rhea's story about the Agarthia-Seiros conflict (I don't-not completely), what actually happened to Dimitri and Edelgard's mom, etc. You ultimately have to make a leap of faith and trust even with incomplete information.

User Info: Your_Master

Your_Master
4 days ago#56
Walshin posted...
The difference between Edelgard and Thanos : the latter is actually correct.

No, both were wrong. I really tried to sympathize with Thanos and understand his reasoning but with the Infinity Gauntlet in play I just can't. Instead of killing half the people who want to eat the pie, why couldn't he just double the pie's size? The Infinity Gauntlet is literally able to do anything from what we know so limitless solutions to overpopulation could have been found. Thanos literally picked one of the worse options.
Stay on topic.

User Info: MrPerson01

MrPerson01
4 days ago#57
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
Of course not. Both are scum.

User Info: Zangetsu333

Zangetsu333
4 days ago#58
I like Thanos as a villain even though his plan is objectively bad and wrong. He's supposed to be insane after all. I always thought he was so fixated on that culling method because it's what his own planet needed at the time and he was just projecting his own feelings over not being able to carry that out to every other planet.

I don't hate Edelgard as a character. I don't think she's a good person by any means but I don't hate her as a character. What I mostly hate is that she never gets called out for all that stuff she did as the Flame Emperor in her own route. How much did she know about Monica? We don't know and never find out even though Monica's actions would have greatly benefited her cause by getting Jeralt out of the picture and she should have logically known something about Monica at least. Etc.

User Info: Tenzen12

Tenzen12
4 days ago#59
Captainflash posted...
It's like a lot of things in this game- it may have been the Church's intent to split the continent up so Rhea can maintain control-Manuela says something along those lines in a monastery conversation in CF, and there's an early game guy who says that the Church helped create a peace agreement between Faergus and the Empire on condition they could proselytize-but we're never given explicit confirmation. It makes sense to me and fits Rhea's character. It's left to the player to decide, just like whether you fully believe Rhea's story about the Agarthia-Seiros conflict (I don't-not completely), what actually happened to Dimitri and Edelgard's mom, etc. You ultimately have to make a leap of faith and trust even with incomplete information.

We know Church didn't get involved until Loog defeated Empire army at Tailtean plains. You could say Church saved Empire ass.

As far as we know there was exactly zero involvement of ChoS in establishing Aliance.

User Info: Stefan1277

Stefan1277
4 days ago#60
"Oh no! Edelgard is a villain for conquering other nations in the name of peace!"

... We've literally done that in most Fire Emblems. The only difference is that the villains in past FE are cartoon villains with a "wahahaha" laughter, so you wouldn't consider Rhea, Dimitri and Claude as villains.

In Fate's Conquest, your nation massacres half of Hoshido while still expecting "father to reconsider and stop the killing =v". Corrin was 150% more of a villain than Edelgard, but even worse! Corrin had no ideals of his own or a strong will to make a plan or decision.

Of all the FE games I've played (6 onward), we end up attacking and conquering nations in the name of peace. Edelgard does the same but this time she's not *the* hero, so she's wrong.

Also, how dare she attack Rhea and her big hips, right?

This community I swear.
Gamefaqs users in one article:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-behaviors-modern-world-only-making-worse/
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you hate Edelgard as a character...
  • Post New Message