• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you hate Edelgard as a character...

User Info: G-O-F

G-O-F
1 week ago#41
Homecoming683 posted...
G-O-F posted...
Homecoming683 posted...
Nintendoomed89 posted...
Captainflash posted...
I mean, if we’re talking MCU, Edelgard’s Killmonger, not Thanos.

Now Killmonger was 100% right, it's just that his methods were wrong.

Now I actually agree with Edelgard starting the war, but yes this is a much better comparison.

Killmonger is somebody who was wronged by the world, and I found him really sympathetic. Pity he was led onto the path of darkness by his own grieving.

God, Black Panther was such a good movie. Take notes, Captain Marvel; that's how you do a minority film right.

Agreed 100%, also the SOUNDTRACK ROCKS! (All the Stars is amazing)

Definitely! :D

On relation to ethics, in regards to the Cap vs. Iron Man debate, Cap is easily in the right IMO. People aren't weapons; they make choices on their end. You can't just restrict them like you do a gun, and if they aren't allowed to rush in when it's needed, what then? Plus, IMO, as much as I like Tony, he was Celica-tier stupid for giving in to his anger and attacking Bucky with Cap nearby. Even if Cap White Lied to prevent Stark from finding out, that's the point he lost credibility for his argument.

Still like Tony Stark, but Steve Rogers will be the Hero of the Thanos Saga for me. Everything Stark said in the first Avengers of "everything special about you came out of a bottle" is complete BS.

I can understand this 😅, but in the end i got to step up my opinion and say i admire both but like Stark a bit more, he was one of my childhood heroes, and pretty much a rollercoaster for me in my life, for both being amazing at the beginning, for being pissed at him in Civil War to Crying like Hell during his End in Endgame, with all praise he deserves, he definitely is one of my Top 5 Superheroes, and also shows that you may be flawed, but that shouldn't let you stop from trying to help others.
Best Games of 2018 list: God of War, Spider Man, Monster Hunter World, Smash Ult
Playing 2019: DMC V, REmake 2, ToV DE, Sekiro, MK11, FE TH, Borderlands 3.

User Info: Homecoming683

Homecoming683
1 week ago#42
MechaFlo posted...
Homecoming683 posted...
G-O-F posted...
Homecoming683 posted...
Nintendoomed89 posted...
Captainflash posted...

Now I actually agree with Edelgard starting the war, but yes this is a much better comparison.

Killmonger is somebody who was wronged by the world, and I found him really sympathetic. Pity he was led onto the path of darkness by his own grieving.

God, Black Panther was such a good movie. Take notes, Captain Marvel; that's how you do a minority film right.

On relation to ethics, in regards to the Cap vs. Iron Man debate, Cap is easily in the right IMO. People aren't weapons; they make choices on their end. You can't just restrict them like you do a gun, and if they aren't allowed to rush in when it's needed, what then? Plus, IMO, as much as I like Tony, he was Celica-tier stupid for giving in to his anger and attacking Bucky with Cap nearby. Even if Cap White Lied to prevent Stark from finding out, that's the point he lost credibility for his argument.

Still like Tony Stark, but Steve Rogers will be the Hero of the Thanos Saga for me. Everything Stark said in the first Avengers of "everything special about you came out of a bottle" is complete BS.

I think ideally there would have been an actual compromise. Maybe there could have been if the UN actually called the avengers in to help WRITE the accords. It's true that people have personal liberty but that wasn't really the question here. It wasn't a choice between do what the government says or go to jail, it was fall in line with the accords or retire. People with that kind of power SHOULD have oversights on them.

Oh, yeah, that would be the best scenario. I'm just stating whom I personally would side with if it was a bipartisan issue.

What people seem to forget is that Steve was born a weakling; he's the exact kind of person Hydra would've considered undesirable. But he didn't let that get in the way of doing what's right. Having somebody who knows weakness have the right to strength to protect those less fortunate is the best thing we could have. That's why I admire Cap so much.

That, and he has the best trilogy kek

User Info: Gossipgirl

Gossipgirl
1 week ago#43
I like both. The erase half of life in the universe plan obviously had all sorts of holes and issues but I mean Thanos is called the Mad Titan for a reason. He seems to be under the impression that since he annihilated 50% of the population of other worlds and that made them prosper that the same logic could be applied on a cosmic scale, which is obviously not true at all. Thanos was interesting and not a typical marvel villain, he was well developed and especially in Infinity War didn’t even feel like a villain at times.

Edelgard is someone who is willing to do anything to achieve what she believes is right for humanity. I enjoy her as a character but I can’t really take anyone who says she isn’t a villain seriously.
You know you love me...
XOXO

Homecoming683
1 week ago#44
G-O-F posted...
Homecoming683 posted...
G-O-F posted...
Homecoming683 posted...
Nintendoomed89 posted...
Captainflash posted...

I can understand this 😅, but in the end i got to step up my opinion and say i admire both but like Stark a bit more, he was one of my childhood heroes, and pretty much a rollercoaster for me in my life, for both being amazing at the beginning, for being pissed at him in Civil War to Crying like Hell during his End in Endgame, with all praise he deserves, he definitely is one of my Top 5 Superheroes, and also shows that you may be flawed, but that shouldn't let you stop from trying to help others.

Amen! :D

Man, crazy I love Fates' story yet have the same adoration for well-written gems like Avengers (well, mostly well-written), Berserk and FMA. I know, I'm weird, lmao.
(message deleted)

User Info: Regal_Bryant12

Regal_Bryant12
1 week ago#46
Homecoming683 posted...
Nintendoomed89 posted...
Captainflash posted...

Captain Marvel isn't a minority film. There are more women than men on the planet.
Yeah man I conquered this sucka! -Mac
Attitude check...Yeah, I'm really high! -Zoe

G-O-F
1 week ago#47
Homecoming683 posted...
G-O-F posted...
Homecoming683 posted...
G-O-F posted...
Homecoming683 posted...
Nintendoomed89 posted...
Captainflash posted...

Amen! :D

Man, crazy I love Fates' story yet have the same adoration for well-written gems like Avengers (well, mostly well-written), Berserk and FMA. I know, I'm weird, lmao.

Hey that is a good selection! Nothing wrong with liking Fates Story even though, im kinda worse since i really like that game most problematic Character (Camilla), but even if people try to talk bad about your opinion don't listen to them, i may not like Fates Story that much but i still had fun with it.
Best Games of 2018 list: God of War, Spider Man, Monster Hunter World, Smash Ult

Homecoming683
1 week ago#48
Regal_Bryant12 posted...
Homecoming683 posted...
Nintendoomed89 posted...
Captainflash posted...

Captain Marvel isn't a minority film. There are more women than men on the planet.

I know, but politically speaking, they were always the underdogs. Which is why Wonder Woman (a good film IMO) helped buckle the trend of guys being the lead protagonists, y'know?

I ain't against films representing societal underdogs in that front. But on one hand you get Alita: Battle Angel, and on the other... Ghostbusters 2016...

*groans of increasing discomfort*

User Info: Tenzen12

Tenzen12
1 week ago#49
They are not underdogs in family law... or any law on that matter.

Anyway when it come to movies, who care whether protagonist is white, black or green or which gender they have. Well to be fair when it come to movies of comparable quality, I might prefer one with Hot actress as main role. It's matter of esthetic.

G-O-F
1 week ago#50
Homecoming683 posted...
Regal_Bryant12 posted...
Homecoming683 posted...
Nintendoomed89 posted...
Captainflash posted...

I know, but politically speaking, they were always the underdogs. Which is why Wonder Woman (a good film IMO) helped buckle the trend of guys being the lead protagonists, y'know?

I ain't against films representing societal underdogs in that front. But on one hand you get Alita: Battle Angel, and on the other... Ghostbusters 2016...

*groans of increasing discomfort*

Ghostbusters... yeah that was not a good execution... 😓, im all for having All Female Stories also and other things, but sometimes it doesn't fly well and it sucks when people are unable to say anything because you are seen as a bad person for criticizing something involving a group 😕
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you hate Edelgard as a character...
  • Topic Archived