• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you hate Edelgard as a character...

User Info: Homecoming683

Homecoming683
1 week ago#31
Nintendoomed89 posted...
Captainflash posted...
I mean, if we’re talking MCU, Edelgard’s Killmonger, not Thanos.

Now Killmonger was 100% right, it's just that his methods were wrong.

Now I actually agree with Edelgard starting the war, but yes this is a much better comparison.

Killmonger is somebody who was wronged by the world, and I found him really sympathetic. Pity he was led onto the path of darkness by his own grieving.

God, Black Panther was such a good movie. Take notes, Captain Marvel; that's how you do a minority film right.

User Info: G-O-F

G-O-F
1 week ago#32
Homecoming683 posted...
Nintendoomed89 posted...
Captainflash posted...

Now I actually agree with Edelgard starting the war, but yes this is a much better comparison.

Killmonger is somebody who was wronged by the world, and I found him really sympathetic. Pity he was led onto the path of darkness by his own grieving.

God, Black Panther was such a good movie. Take notes, Captain Marvel; that's how you do a minority film right.

Agreed 100%, also the SOUNDTRACK ROCKS! (All the Stars is amazing)
Best Games of 2018 list: God of War, Spider Man, Monster Hunter World, Smash Ult
Playing 2019: DMC V, REmake 2, ToV DE, Sekiro, MK11, FE TH, Borderlands 3.

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
1 week ago#33
Please don't send Ant-Man up Edelgard's butt.

He might get himself impaled on that stick in there.
https://society6.com/redpawdesigns
I draw stuff. Buy a pillow to support your butt AND my gaming backlog collection

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
1 week ago#34
I still need to see BP. I just never got around to seeing it or the two ant man movies, not out of any general disinterest just was busy and never got around to it.

User Info: G-O-F

G-O-F
1 week ago#35
StellaLunaris posted...

Wait wouldn't he enj- forget it my dirty mind spoke instead 😳
Best Games of 2018 list: God of War, Spider Man, Monster Hunter World, Smash Ult
Playing 2019: DMC V, REmake 2, ToV DE, Sekiro, MK11, FE TH, Borderlands 3.

Homecoming683
1 week ago#36
G-O-F posted...
Homecoming683 posted...
Nintendoomed89 posted...
Captainflash posted...

Definitely! :D

On relation to ethics, in regards to the Cap vs. Iron Man debate, Cap is easily in the right IMO. People aren't weapons; they make choices on their end. You can't just restrict them like you do a gun, and if they aren't allowed to rush in when it's needed, what then? Plus, IMO, as much as I like Tony, he was Celica-tier stupid for giving in to his anger and attacking Bucky with Cap nearby. Even if Cap White Lied to prevent Stark from finding out, that's the point he lost credibility for his argument.

Still like Tony Stark, but Steve Rogers will be the Hero of the Thanos Saga for me. Everything Stark said in the first Avengers of "everything special about you came out of a bottle" is complete BS.

Homecoming683
1 week ago#37
StellaLunaris posted...

Okay, this is epic

User Info: Tenzen12

Tenzen12
1 week ago#38
Well there were worlds where Thanos methods actually worked, actually all of them. Problem is those were also world where he also established own system. When he just snap half life in whole galaxy without any aftercare that's obviously completely different beast.

Thing is, regardless whether he was right or wrong, it's true his desire help universe was genuine and altruistic, not crazy nationalist, which make him more symphatetic villain (and yes I do consider Thanos villain despite him having noble goals.)

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
1 week ago#39
Homecoming683 posted...
G-O-F posted...
Homecoming683 posted...
Nintendoomed89 posted...
Captainflash posted...

Definitely! :D

On relation to ethics, in regards to the Cap vs. Iron Man debate, Cap is easily in the right IMO. People aren't weapons; they make choices on their end. You can't just restrict them like you do a gun, and if they aren't allowed to rush in when it's needed, what then? Plus, IMO, as much as I like Tony, he was Celica-tier stupid for giving in to his anger and attacking Bucky with Cap nearby. Even if Cap White Lied to prevent Stark from finding out, that's the point he lost credibility for his argument.

Still like Tony Stark, but Steve Rogers will be the Hero of the Thanos Saga for me. Everything Stark said in the first Avengers of "everything special about you came out of a bottle" is complete BS.

I think ideally there would have been an actual compromise. Maybe there could have been if the UN actually called the avengers in to help WRITE the accords. It's true that people have personal liberty but that wasn't really the question here. It wasn't a choice between do what the government says or go to jail, it was fall in line with the accords or retire. People with that kind of power SHOULD have oversights on them.

User Info: The_Fury_Wraith

The_Fury_Wraith
1 week ago#40
Comic Book Thanos was even more stupid. There he was trying to impress Death with how amazing his Infinity Gauntless was, and his reason for wiping out half of the entire universe's population was because Death didn't acknowledge Thanos' power.
A lot of sigs I read just have pointless information and seem to exist just for the sake of having a sig. This may be one of them.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you hate Edelgard as a character...
  • Topic Archived