• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you hate Edelgard as a character...

User Info: G-O-F

G-O-F
1 week ago#21
Walshin posted...
G-O-F posted...
Recon868 posted...
Honestly Thanos's "problem" wasnt a problem. I dont think the writers realize just how big the universe is, or even the galaxy. The "dwindling of resources" idea isnt very true, not on a galatic or intergalatic sense.

I actually think of this too, like i will probably be dead by then but considering humanity wants to expand to other worlds through Terraforming and Colonization on those Planets maybe the future can survive i guess.

The issue is : that's still far away for us. Either we manage to reach the required tech level in time, or humanity f***s itself to death on earth before it can happen.

Call me pessimistic if you'd like but my money is on the latter. We still haven't reached Mars ffs...

You aren't wrong though, that is exactly why i said that id probably be dead, i don't mind it though but i will have to say i feel sad for those who will have to deal with in the future, since that is what im getting at, i might try to believe in hope and be optimistic, but we have to keep at reasonable levels, we can't make miracles.
Best Games of 2018 list: God of War, Spider Man, Monster Hunter World, Smash Ult
Playing 2019: DMC V, REmake 2, ToV DE, Sekiro, MK11, FE TH, Borderlands 3.

User Info: Wandering__Hero

Wandering__Hero
1 week ago#22
Walshin posted...
The difference between Edelgard and Thanos : the latter is actually correct.

https://youtu.be/IPbtPI0wru0?t=28
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/

User Info: Homecoming683

Homecoming683
1 week ago#23
Edelgard is somebody I have a personal divide with. On the one hand, I find the stuff she's done absolutely abhorrent and in no way will I abide by her ethics. However, as a written character, she's very well written. So I won't fault her there and say she's a bad character. You are talking to the guy who loves Xander, after all, so being blind to one's strengths and the other's weaknesses would be hypocrisy on my end.

That said, yes, I love Thanos. Here we have another character who I find the massacre of countless lives the worst kind of s*** imaginable, but he's genuinely charismatic enough that I'd be happy to get a few pints of non-alcoholic beer if he wasn't, y'know, a mass-murdering galactic conqueror.

Plus, Thanos memes are blessed. Change my mind.

User Info: JCoconut

JCoconut
1 week ago#24
I first thought you meant that evil guy from TWISITD

But that purple gnome from the memes right

Dunno I don't watch super hero crap it reduces INT by 10 points and casuals you up

I guess I like edel

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#25
Walshin posted...
G-O-F posted...
Recon868 posted...
Honestly Thanos's "problem" wasnt a problem. I dont think the writers realize just how big the universe is, or even the galaxy. The "dwindling of resources" idea isnt very true, not on a galatic or intergalatic sense.

I actually think of this too, like i will probably be dead by then but considering humanity wants to expand to other worlds through Terraforming and Colonization on those Planets maybe the future can survive i guess.

The issue is : that's still far away for us. Either we manage to reach the required tech level in time, or humanity f***s itself to death on earth before it can happen.

Call me pessimistic if you'd like but my money is on the latter. We still haven't reached Mars ffs...

Honestly, our greatest threat is the sun, wich is still billions of years from exploding. Anything else, we just need to find a way to fully control nature so it operates as we please, rather than have nature call the shots.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430

User Info: Nintendoomed89

Nintendoomed89
1 week ago#26
Captainflash posted...
I mean, if we’re talking MCU, Edelgard’s Killmonger, not Thanos.

Now Killmonger was 100% right, it's just that his methods were wrong.

Now I actually agree with Edelgard starting the war, but yes this is a much better comparison.
You put the Peeps in the chili pot and eat 'em both up /You put the Peeps in the chili pot and add the M&Ms. https://youtu.be/2c-AawAKZ14

Wandering__Hero
1 week ago#27
Nintendoomed89 posted...
Captainflash posted...
I mean, if we’re talking MCU, Edelgard’s Killmonger, not Thanos.

Now Killmonger was 100% right, it's just that his methods were wrong.

Kinda agree, except when he started burning the magic flower he was just being an ass
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/

User Info: SirBob1137

SirBob1137
1 week ago#28
Walshin posted...

Oh my gosh. Thanos is NOT correct. Least not for earth. There’s a thing called the ‘Demographic Transition Model’. It contains the info on why Thanos isn’t helping earth at all. Also, El has a point, kinda. Tho methods are questionable at best

Wandering__Hero
1 week ago#29
SirBob1137 posted...
Walshin posted...

Oh my gosh. Thanos is NOT correct. Least not for earth. There’s a thing called the ‘Demographic Transition Model’. It contains the info on why Thanos isn’t helping earth at all. Also, El has a point, kinda. Tho methods are questionable at best

Or you know this video https://youtu.be/IPbtPI0wru0?t=28

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
1 week ago#30
SirBob1137 posted...
Walshin posted...

And even if Thanos WAS correct his solution was only temporary.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you hate Edelgard as a character...
  • Topic Archived