• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you hate Edelgard as a character...

User Info: Recon868

Recon868
1 week ago#11
Honestly Thanos's "problem" wasnt a problem. I dont think the writers realize just how big the universe is, or even the galaxy. The "dwindling of resources" idea isnt very true, not on a galatic or intergalatic sense.

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#12
Of course not. Both are scum.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430

User Info: G-O-F

G-O-F
1 week ago#13
MechaFlo posted...
Walshin posted...
The difference between Edelgard and Thanos : the latter is actually correct.

A shame Thanos' solution won't actually solve any problems in the long term.

I mean, i get that it was really was unbiased as possible, and that Steve actually comments on it in Endgame, as the Whales are returning to some points and having a better life so the environment is getting better... however, Humanity as a whole is so in the s*** in depression that it feels that simply saying "get over it, it will be better now" doesn't quite cut it, that is why in those cases i put myself in and think, okay the world is better now but i just saw my mom and aunts becoming dust, do i want to go on? Suddenly Stark Reaction and Sacrifice makes me Sympathize with him a lot.
Best Games of 2018 list: God of War, Spider Man, Monster Hunter World, Smash Ult
Playing 2019: DMC V, REmake 2, ToV DE, Sekiro, MK11, FE TH, Borderlands 3.

G-O-F
1 week ago#14
Recon868 posted...
Honestly Thanos's "problem" wasnt a problem. I dont think the writers realize just how big the universe is, or even the galaxy. The "dwindling of resources" idea isnt very true, not on a galatic or intergalatic sense.

I actually think of this too, like i will probably be dead by then but considering humanity wants to expand to other worlds through Terraforming and Colonization on those Planets maybe the future can survive i guess.
Best Games of 2018 list: God of War, Spider Man, Monster Hunter World, Smash Ult

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
1 week ago#15
Recon868 posted...

The funny thing is that even if we assume Thanos is correct, his solution will still fail, he only delayed the end he saw coming, he didn't avert it. Like does he expect everyone in the universe to start enforcing their birthrates more after half of everyone vanishes? Forever?

I get from a damaged psychological place that he had this solution to save his planet, they didn't listen, his planet died, so he feels he has to do it now no matter what, but it's like he never stopped to think about what happens AFTER he retires.

Unless we count third act Endgame Thanos where he says **** it I'll just reset the whole universe at the cost of everyone currently alive. Which is actually a superior plan to his IW counterpart if he can pull it off with the stones because at least remaking the universe he could actually enforce a long term solution as he does so, theoretically.

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
1 week ago#16
G-O-F posted...
MechaFlo posted...
Walshin posted...

I mean, i get that it was really was unbiased as possible, and that Steve actually comments on it in Endgame, as the Whales are returning to some points and having a better life so the environment is getting better... however, Humanity as a whole is so in the s*** in depression that it feels that simply saying "get over it, it will be better now" doesn't quite cut it, that is why in those cases i put myself in and think, okay the world is better now but i just saw my mom and aunts becoming dust, do i want to go on? Suddenly Stark Reaction and Sacrifice makes me Sympathize with him a lot.

And in 50 or 100 or 1000 years or whenever populations grow back to where they were pre snap with no more stones to redo the snap, the same problem will be there. His solution is short sighted for a supposed genius burened with knowledge. And nobody ever seems to bring this up in the movies how TEMPORARY it is, they never argue it on a logical level on an emotional one which is frustrating.

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#17
G-O-F posted...
Recon868 posted...

I actually think of this too, like i will probably be dead by then but considering humanity wants to expand to other worlds through Terraforming and Colonization on those Planets maybe the future can survive i guess.

Here's hoping that's the case. That's the future I envision for the human rance.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430

G-O-F
1 week ago#18
MechaFlo posted...
Recon868 posted...

The funny thing is that even if we assume Thanos is correct, his solution will still fail, he only delayed the end he saw coming, he didn't avert it. Like does he expect everyone in the universe to start enforcing their birthrates more after half of everyone vanishes? Forever?

I get from a damaged psychological place that he had this solution to save his planet, they didn't listen, his planet died, so he feels he has to do it now no matter what, but it's like he never stopped to think about what happens AFTER he retires.

Unless we count third act Endgame Thanos where he says **** it I'll just reset the whole universe at the cost of everyone currently alive. Which is actually a superior plan to his IW counterpart if he can pull it off with the stones because at least remaking the universe he could actually enforce a long term solution as he does so, theoretically.

You actually have a pretty good point... but then that would be like "Ends Justify The Means" To INFINITY levels (pun not intended), so i kinda get that one that can play god and go on and do a do over... but it feels that if you just destroy the current universe and replace with another it just made everything meaningless

User Info: Walshin

Walshin
1 week ago#19
G-O-F posted...
Recon868 posted...

The issue is : that's still far away for us. Either we manage to reach the required tech level in time, or humanity f***s itself to death on earth before it can happen.

Call me pessimistic if you'd like but my money is on the latter. We still haven't reached Mars ffs...

G-O-F
1 week ago#20
MechaFlo posted...
G-O-F posted...
MechaFlo posted...
Walshin posted...

And in 50 or 100 or 1000 years or whenever populations grow back to where they were pre snap with no more stones to redo the snap, the same problem will be there. His solution is short sighted for a supposed genius burened with knowledge. And nobody ever seems to bring this up in the movies how TEMPORARY it is, they never argue it on a logical level on an emotional one which is frustrating.

Sorry about that, i do say that we kinda are more Emotional in normal life then a Rational/Logical Level, it also doesn't help for some people that they think the Logical answer is one where people have to be as pragmatic as possible but i believe that a balance between the 2 would have been good (part of me actually wanted Edel route to be the mix of the 2, but the problems is that it would make Dimitri Route Useless and it would take out her Ambiguity and make her much simple i guess)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you hate Edelgard as a character...
  • Topic Archived