• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you hate Edelgard as a character...
Did you like Thanos?

And vice-versa.
https://imgtc.com/JkDkf6I

User Info: Walshin

Walshin
4 days ago#2
The difference between Edelgard and Thanos : the latter is actually correct.

User Info: Victorianweeabo

Victorianweeabo
4 days ago#3
Even if you don't agree with her methods or reasoning, how was Edelgard objectively wrong?
https://imgtc.com/JkDkf6I

User Info: Captainflash

Captainflash
4 days ago#4
I mean, if we’re talking MCU, Edelgard’s Killmonger, not Thanos.

User Info: G-O-F

G-O-F
4 days ago#5
I Like Killmonger and Liked Thanos Getting Dusted do i think he had a point? Yes, do i think he should have done that? Hell No
Best Games of 2018 list: God of War, Spider Man, Monster Hunter World, Smash Ult
Playing 2019: DMC V, REmake 2, ToV DE, Sekiro, MK11, FE TH, Borderlands 3.

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
4 days ago#6
They both have issues, but I like them anyway. Avengers Infinity War/Endgame and Black Eagle/Edelgard route spoilers.

Thanos is well acted but his plan is so full of holes it's hilarious. Sure, over population can be a real problem. But that's where logic ends and madness begins for him. Not every single pouplation needs to be culled by 50% across the board. What about populations that are actually currently struggling/under populated? You just screwed them over. What about in 50 or 100 years when populations rise again? You cut the current number in half but did nothing to curb future growth. AND THEN DESTROYED THE INFINITY STONES. Even if Thanos was right and that overpopulation will inevitably lead to the end of life, he threw on a quick bandaid fix and retired. He solved nothing.

Edelgard also has a noble goal, but it's also largely based on false information about just how much control and ill will Rhea has for humanity. Abolishign the nobility/crest system to make a society where anyone can raise themselves up if they're skilled is a good thing. But her route does nothing to actually substantiate her claims about the church controlling mankind or whatever. You just see her turn into a dragon and get mad at Byleth for betraying her. The only outright evil thing we see Rhea do is burn the city at the end.

User Info: Zeveria

Zeveria
4 days ago#7
1) I very much like Edelgard as a character.

2) I consider her to be an antagonist and feel she fits this role better.

3) Can't stand Thanos. His goal is unbelievably stupid, disconnected from reality, and holds the critical reasoning I'd expect from a 10 year old.
TP > OoT = MM > ST = SS = tWW > TFH > ALBW = PH > BOTW = MC > OoA > OoS > LA > FSA > FS > LoZ > AoL >>> aLttP

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
4 days ago#8
Walshin posted...

A shame Thanos' solution won't actually solve any problems in the long term.

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
4 days ago#9
I barely know him.

I know Thanus mostly from memes so my impression of him is he's a chill bro who likes KFC and snapping his fingers while throwing out one liners.

I'd feel more sympathetic towards Edelgard is she ate KFC while telling me about her new world order.
Memes
Mommy Rhea's lap is best lap.

User Info: Walshin

Walshin
4 days ago#10
MechaFlo posted...
Walshin posted...

A shame Thanos' solution won't actually solve any problems in the long term.

That's completely true, I agree.
I'd add that in order to think about the long term you first need to be able to reach it.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you hate Edelgard as a character...
  • Post New Message