• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. What house did you pick for maddening difficulty?

User Info: Tombstone1988

Tombstone1988
4 days ago#11
Black Eagles, since it's the route I did first. Hoo boy, it's a doozy.

-Dorothea's passive is extremely useful to save vulneraries/heals.

-Most of the BE's bases are really bad, particularly for Maddening. Bernadetta does 4 damage with Curved Shot, and Caspar and all 3 mages get ORKO'ed. The paltry EXP gain means getting levels to try and shore up these issues is problematic.

-Biggest issue so far is a combination of enemy AS and hit rates. The enemies are just so fast; even Petra gets doubled by anything not using an axe. In addition, a lot of my hit chances are shaky; Dorothea's sporting a 70% with Thunder and Hubert is at 70% with Miasma, 55-60% with Mire. Edelgard is often at about 75-80% on her hit chances. A single miss is catastrophic on this difficulty (a.k.a. you have to use Divine Pulse).

So yeah, Black Eagles: not the best choice for a first run-through of Maddening, IMO.

User Info: JCoconut

JCoconut
4 days ago#12
I voted golden deer and lied. Because TC didn't include "none" or another vent

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
4 days ago#13
Black eagle to reunite with El!
Byleth reaches for Dimitri's hand, Dimitri:"Sensei!! ", Edelgard walks up, smash his face in, "Oh Im sorry, did i break your concentration?"

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
4 days ago#14
BE will be rough in maddening for a little bit because you won't have a tank. GD and BL both have natural tanks from the start.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: A-Omega16

A-Omega16
4 days ago#15
BE first route done on Hard/Classic

BL second route done on Hard/Classic with NG+

GD I started with Hard/Classic NG+ but after playing those two routes practically back to back I got burned out and stopped playing for about a week. Only got to chapter 2 lmao. But when I saw Maddening came out yesterday I just decided to restart and do it on the Maddening difficulty with no NG+ since I wasn’t far in anyways
"That revelation when you recognize you're in a cycle...when you realize you are the one who put yourself into it...will you strive to break free?"
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: FFT-Fan

FFT-Fan
4 days ago#16
Doing Hard mode GD right now, unsure if I might do BL Maddening or GD again for Maddening

User Info: NXmasterrace

NXmasterrace
4 days ago#17
3rd playthrough deer, did Lions and Church both on hard. Will likely do a Maddening Lions run down the line alongside an Eagles one
Brb munching on yeetos
HermelinHero posted...
Since I did Edelgard's route first I thought I'd replay it first and boy Dorothea's passive healing feels like a must especially for the Mock Battle

Dorothea's aura is amazing in Madenning X'D
Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck!

User Info: Zeveria

Zeveria
4 days ago#19
I will be doing a GD run of it tomorrow. Not out of any particular sense of efficiency, it's just my favorite house. Though I'm sure I will be grateful to have Lysithea in the early Death Knight missions...
TP > OoT = MM > ST = SS = tWW > TFH > ALBW = PH > BOTW = MC > OoA > OoS > LA > FSA > FS > LoZ > AoL >>> aLttP

User Info: UnlessJack

UnlessJack
4 days ago#20
Blue lions because they have the best lineup for this difficulty. Picked up Dorothea real early too and she's been super useful.
I feel Futurama was, is, and always will be underappreciated...
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. What house did you pick for maddening difficulty?
  • Post New Message