• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. It feels like Maddening is shaping up to be Awakening Lunatic 2.0

User Info: Fudanshi

Fudanshi
1 month ago#11
Chefcook90 posted...
Out of curiousity, which house are you currently playing as and which out-of-house units have you recruited?
Blue Lions which is admittedly the easiest house.
I didn't choose it for that reason though.

I never explore, grind, or use any dumb bonuses from anything like statues, so I can only really recruit teachers.
I got Maneula and Hanemman.
Hammenman and Manuela sacrificed themselves in Ch.10 because I hate that chapter with a passion.
That's the only reason I recruited them.

I'm not recruiting anyone else because I love the BL cast.

And yes I am on NG+ but since I've never unlocked anything and don't use Renown I don't believe it does anything to help me.
I hope not anyways.
I just like keeping my playtime.
Also I am curious to see if the Completion Icon will continue to change if I keep going into more NG+'s.

I was planning on making my final run Infernal Mode but since that's not a thing anymore, that's when I'll do Maddening NG for that new title screen.
Good way to end the game me thinks.
"Papa, I have to say one more thing before we leave. ...Rrrgh rawrggh rrh! That's dragon for "I love you!"
- The Most Precious Thing in existence

User Info: Ku-Ri-Boh

Ku-Ri-Boh
1 month ago#12
Oh no enemy levels are higher and I can't gain as many levels anymore! @beelzemon
I know what your name stands for dude. SexyDragonTidal. You furries... or whatever you guys call yourself... you guys make me sick and have made me afraid to se

User Info: Chefcook90

Chefcook90
1 month ago#13
Fudanshi posted...
Chefcook90 posted...
Out of curiousity, which house are you currently playing as and which out-of-house units have you recruited?
Blue Lions which is admittedly the easiest house.
I didn't choose it for that reason though.

I never explore, grind, or use any dumb bonuses from anything like statues, so I can only really recruit teachers.
I got Maneula and Hanemman.
Hammenman and Manuela sacrificed themselves in Ch.10 because I hate that chapter with a passion.
That's the only reason I recruited them.

I'm not recruiting anyone else because I love the BL cast.

*GASP* Not Hanneman!

But yeah, Blue Lions is crazy strong.
BTW, did you do Dedue's paralogue and get the Duscur Heavy Knights battalion during your current run?
I could definitely see that making things a lot easier.
FE Fates Castle: 16268-39691-00496-50003
"Now I am become /rant, the destroyer of threads." - a user laments his giant walls of text

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
1 month ago#14
Awakening Lunatic? You mean where you only had to know what to do for the first five battles then you could reclass Robin into Dark Mage and it becomes more efficient to only deploy her (Yes, her. S rank with Chrom. Higher boosts.) and Chrom for the rest of the game?
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

Chefcook90
1 month ago#15
emagdnE posted...
Awakening Lunatic? You mean where you only had to know what to do for the first five battles then you could reclass Robin into Dark Mage and it becomes more efficient to only deploy her (Yes, her. S rank with Chrom. Higher boosts.) and Chrom for the rest of the game?

First FOUR chapters - I don't think the flashback where you fight Validar really counts :P

Also, IIRC, you don't get access to Second Seals or Nosferatu that early.
"Now I am become /rant, the destroyer of threads." - a user laments his giant walls of text

User Info: Pewpewblaster97

Pewpewblaster97
1 month ago#16
Fudanshi posted...
And yes I am on NG+ but since I've never unlocked anything and don't use Renown .

Did you purchase anything from the saints statutes from a previous playthough? Because those automatically unlock in a NG+ run, even if you haven't brought on the current file.
"How!? How do you polish Rust!?"
- Codsworth

User Info: Fudanshi

Fudanshi
1 month ago#17
Chefcook90 posted...
*GASP* Not Hanneman!

BTW, did you do Dedue's paralogue and get the Duscur Heavy Knights battalion during your current run?
Yes I did!
And that 15 turn limit can burn in hell.

Anywho, I guess I did get that batallion but I don't have a single person training in Authority so I don't think I can use them.

I dislike how low the hit rate is for batallions, unless they are used on Demonic Beasts, so I have been put off from training anyone in it since.
"Papa, I have to say one more thing before we leave. ...Rrrgh rawrggh rrh! That's dragon for "I love you!"
- The Most Precious Thing in existence

User Info: Taiphlosion

Taiphlosion
1 month ago#18
Nah.
The problem with Awakening's lunatic is that it turns into funeling exp into robin and then steamrolling this game. This game is more like early game Shadow Dragon H5, where it takes every unit to succeed even if they're weak AF. I don't think you will be able to destroy it as Robin does on awakening, since this game has lower exp gains and no pair up.

In other words, Awakening's biggest problem is not the high stats on enemies, far from it. It's the fact that Robin and Frederick (on the early game) are all you need and it can easily be broken once Robin gets going.
Proud member of the Shadow Dragon and TMS#FE defense forces.

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 month ago#19
Pewpewblaster97 posted...
Hayas***akara posted...
if you were the designer, how would you make it harder?

Make the enemies more offensively threating while still have them be defensively weak. Change the objectives of maps so that they're not easily done in one turn. Put an emphasis on skill combinations like giving a thief that wields a Levin Sword have Fiendish Blow.

I'd most certainly not just dump a couple of levels and skills on enemies and just call it a day.

so the same thing? you literally just doing the exact same thing but with different skills in mind.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

Chefcook90
1 month ago#20
Fudanshi posted...
Chefcook90 posted...
*GASP* Not Hanneman!

Yes I did!
And that 15 turn limit can burn in hell.

Anywho, I guess I did get that batallion but I don't have a single person training in Authority so I don't think I can use them.

I dislike how low the hit rate is for batallions, unless they are used on Demonic Beasts, so I have been put off from training anyone in it since.

It's not just the 2x3 grid that makes the Duscur Heavy Knights amazing - it's the passive +5 Str, +10 Def once you get them fully upgraded :3

And yeah, I'm honestly still trying to figure out how Gambit hit rate works. For some reason Annette can get a 90+ hit rate when dropping a tactical nuke on a giant group of enemies with no Gambit Boost or Link bonus, but others whiff even with a other battalions nearby to support them.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. It feels like Maddening is shaping up to be Awakening Lunatic 2.0
  • Topic Archived