• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Which voice was better for Byleth?

User Info: chughes724

chughes724
1 week ago#21
I think a lot of people voting for the old one are just letting their hatred of cancel culture dictate their vote. Could be wrong though.
Listen to my story....this may be our last chance.
chughes724 posted...
I think a lot of people voting for the old one are just letting their hatred of cancel culture dictate their vote. Could be wrong though.

I think you're letting your overconsumption of soy dictate how you determine the ulterior motives of others. Could be wrong though.
They called me Berkut Dude, and I died at the top: https://i.imgtc.com/OQ5OmdR.jpg
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUpprLrFvNWXw6PdJMdCt2g |

chughes724
1 week ago#23
DullahansXMark posted...
I think you're letting your overconsumption of soy dictate how you determine the ulterior motives of others. Could be wrong though.
Man, I’ve been hearing the soy insults for goddess knows how long, and I still don’t get it. What’s the origin? If I’m going to be insulted, I would like to at least understand the insult.

User Info: Savas

Savas
6 days ago#24
I wish they would give us an option to choose between voices like other games that uses these “avatar” characters.
This means WAR!
I think I like the old one better, from the clips in this thread anyway.
"its very time of starting your story.
keep going!"
- Alice -99th

User Info: Dharengo

Dharengo
6 days ago#26
I can't say either way since I play weeb mode. I do dislike cancel culture however. But this has little bearing on the quality of either character's work.

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
6 days ago#27
The jp one
Byleth reaches for Dimitri's hand, Dimitri:"Sensei!! ", Edelgard walks up, smash his face in, "Oh Im sorry, did i break your concentration?"

User Info: gessekai

gessekai
6 days ago#28
chughes724 posted...

I don’t think so. While there are some people who are stupidly obsessed with that, I feel like the direction of the old voice was just more powerful. The new voice is still good and sounds oddly similar, but the delivery doesn’t seem as strong IMO.

Also, the origin of Soy insults comes from some study that was disproven, that soy feminizes men because of plant estrogen. The alt-Right took this study and have been using it ever since, despite it being completely stupid.
(edited 6 days ago)

chughes724
6 days ago#29
gessekai posted...
I don’t think so. While there are some people who are stupidly obsessed with that, I feel like the direction of the old voice was just more powerful. The new voice is still good and sounds oddly similar, but the delivery doesn’t seem as strong IMO.

Also, the origin of Soy insults comes from some study that was disprovened, that soy feminizes men because of plant estrogen. The alt-Right took this study and have been using it ever since, despite it being completely stupid.
Well, at least it is useful in identifying who to not take seriously.
(edited 6 days ago)
Old one is much better. He sounds harsher which Byleth should.

I especially dislike the new voice in the line he says when you first pick him "What are my orders" or something, and "Here's something to believe in", he sounds like such a soft p****.

chughes724 posted...

Or people voting for the new one are trying too hard to justify a worse voice to appear like morally upstanding people. Could be wrong though.
Mother 4 and MegaMan Battle Network Chrono X, two fangames that deserve more recognition. Please check them out.
www.mother4game.com / www.mmbnchronox.com
(edited 6 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Which voice was better for Byleth?
  • Post New Message