• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Best way(s) to use NG+ renown?
Use it to help you recruit characters also. I used it mostly sparingly. You can get your support level requirements up to B the old fashion way, just eating with your class with the max professor level for the most exploration points. Then have them randomly join. Don't waste renown on leveling skills you don't need. The skill recruit requirements are only useful to more reliably recruit them, but B support is enough.

Use your renown to level skills you need for recruiting characters that can't get to B support if you want, or use your daily activity points leveling them with training as early as you can,it takes some work to get to the required levels. (Caspar and Ferdinand, heavy armor and Brawling).

Get all the exp+ from the statues so that you can fight less but still stay on par level wise. I like using the entire roster of characters on my playthrough so this is helpful keeping everyone's levels up.

Finish the statues, then start hoarding your renown and use it how you please.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Minaru44

Minaru44
4 days ago#12
Yeah well, that's what it does. If you go straight to A+ you get three battles right away. Yes, even in Chapter 2's phase. You just repeat the practice battle three times in this case.
FC: 3841-0076-6306, IGN (USUM): Aurora
My Sheet: https://goo.gl/U1qVzv Looking for legit/uncloned Shinies and 0 Speed Primals

User Info: MissCarriage

MissCarriage
4 days ago#13
Ah right. Thanks so much guys.
FC: 2981-5975-5185, Flaming Emblems, Light Priestesses, and Toxic Seahorses

User Info: SirBob1137

SirBob1137
4 days ago#14
Max prof rank first off. Then, support those you want to recruit, or level up skills they like.

Minaru44
4 days ago#15
Also, buying Supports in NG+ for recruiting is almost wasted until you want them straight away which considering a lot of recruits actually auto-level fairly well is only useful if you want to do some pretty intensive builds that go against their normal progression.

I'm now in Chapter 3 on my first NG+. After raising straight to A+, Chapter 2 had nothing to do but meals (and one choir). After four Faculty traingings, a choir and five more meals and the usual conversation choices in Chapter 3 I was able to have C supports with Dorothea, Annette, Ingrid, Sylvain and Linhardt already (and the rest are probably not far off). Consequently it goes very fast and you probably don't even need to do that much gifting to get to C+ which is more or less enough to get most requirements easily enough. I would at least say spare yourself buying two ranks to go to B if you absolutely must. Getting to C very early is ridiculously easy with all the time available to you from A+ Prof rank.
My Sheet: https://goo.gl/U1qVzv Looking for legit/uncloned Shinies and 0 Speed Primals

MissCarriage
4 days ago#16
I feel like that's what my playthrough is gonna end up being like. Just constant meals and faculty training with maxxed prof rank so early.

Minaru44
4 days ago#17
There's honestly little else to do after some point. lol

Battles will also take care of your income, so you probably don't have to overdo it on Fistful of Fish (which is definitely nice), not to mention since you need less Gifts which usually makes up a huge part of your earlier investments on a fresh file other than seals, you... well, need even less. Once I was done with Recruitment most of my time on my fresh file went into meals for motivation (it's more efficient than gifts) and tournaments.

MissCarriage
4 days ago#18
I hate fishing. I have terrible reaction time (that's why I'm playing FE in the first place!).

Minaru44
3 days ago#19
Eh, I do too. But it's not that bad. Everything outside of Rainbow Fish is rather lenient. And catching Gold shadows on Fistful of Fish, I found it actually useful to get one or two perfects missed each time. It felt like I got more fish more often that way. Most of the time I actually landed a Perfect, I'd just get two. ;)

Not to mention, the new patch and the huge renown boosts make min/max-farming renown... pointless. lol

User Info: cr14mson

cr14mson
3 days ago#20
Someguy1006 posted...
Don't finish statues since the extra exp breaks the game. Spend it on professor rank and recruiting units early through supports.
This.

/thread
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Best way(s) to use NG+ renown?
  • Post New Message