• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Best way(s) to use NG+ renown?

User Info: MissCarriage

MissCarriage
4 days ago#1
Just learned that the crest items are pretty trash.
FC: 2981-5975-5185, Flaming Emblems, Light Priestesses, and Toxic Seahorses

User Info: JCoconut

JCoconut
4 days ago#2
Finish statues

User Info: Binkster

Binkster
4 days ago#3
Finish statues and level up professor rank
"Not to sway your opinion, but... You? Me? Golden Deer? We could be great together." Claude von Reigan (FE:Three Houses)
Official Claude of FETH Board

MissCarriage
4 days ago#4
Thank you!

User Info: Someguy1006

Someguy1006
4 days ago#5
Don't finish statues since the extra exp breaks the game. Spend it on professor rank and recruiting units early through supports.
Holding out for Pikmin 4
Official Young Red Eyes Black Tunic Link
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Minaru44

Minaru44
4 days ago#6
Raise Professor Level... almost... right away.
You can earn E+ easily on the first possible day, sparing you 500. Only do it after that.

Other than that, whatever you want. I wouldn't really use it to make the game easier, only maybe less tedious. Say, you know you could (and would) sit down to grind out certain skill levels again by mindlessly grinding with Rusted/Broken weapons... just buy it back.

Personally, I'm gonna save up for a master file with the purpose of omitting all (or most) of the pointless grinding. Just buying Professor rank makes everything else nearly obsolete since you have more activity points to do stuff which leads to building support, skill ranks and whatever much faster anyway. If you want to buy skill ranks maybe wait for later because once you reach higher skill levels it gets very tedious (like anything above A) and this way you can actually get S+ in something earlier than say one or two chapters before the end. ;)
FC: 3841-0076-6306, IGN (USUM): Aurora
My Sheet: https://goo.gl/U1qVzv Looking for legit/uncloned Shinies and 0 Speed Primals

User Info: TwerpKnight

TwerpKnight
4 days ago#7
I used it for statues and professor rank like others have said and that's it.
Currently on 4th playthrough with some dumb amount of renown because I'd rather not spend it on things that'll just reset on the next playthrough.
When playable Anna in Three Houses?
I'm glad the Switch is finally getting a good Xenoblade game with Xenoblade Definitive Edition.

MissCarriage
4 days ago#8
You can NG+ from a NG+, eventually building up to a master file? Nice.

I think I’m gonna spend it on supporting Manuela and increasing her Reason skill tree so I can have access to early Bolting.

User Info: Minaru44

Minaru44
4 days ago#9
Someguy1006 posted...
Don't finish statues since the extra exp breaks the game. Spend it on professor rank and recruiting units early through supports.

That too. The cap boosts are pointless anyway until we get the Apotheosis map (which I bet will come, otherwise the insane stat caps are pointless anyway).
Not that NG+ by itself won't break the game.
Raising Professor rank early means after your first Battle phase (nearly) everyone should hit Beginner class. I finished Chapter 2s battle right now, grinding Byleth's bow rank a bit on the boss. Now he's Level 9 1/2... which is rather awkward for the next battle phase and certification. lol

So yeah, if you already overlevel easily without NG+, you do even more so now.
FC: 3841-0076-6306, IGN (USUM): Aurora
My Sheet: https://goo.gl/U1qVzv Looking for legit/uncloned Shinies and 0 Speed Primals

MissCarriage
4 days ago#10
Oh, raising professor level increases the number of battles you can fight. Makes sense...
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Best way(s) to use NG+ renown?
  • Post New Message