• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
Blue-Lemon-Z posted...
It's asinine to say this performance sucks solely because of the person. It's like saying Kevin Spacey's work was all garbage. No, you actually mean he did a horrible thing and is a crappy human being, but his acting was pretty grade-A before he got fired from everything. Unless you're actually that blind.

It's even less significant than when compared to an actor like Spacey, since it's much easier to separate a voice over from an actor than with a live action character and an actor. Unless maybe there was mo-cap (which isn't the case here) and they are doing their regular voice (which usually isn't the case), I don't get the big deal. If they don't want to be associated with his name, just omit it from the credits, like they did many actors and actresses in FEH. The only purpose I could see to outright replace him like this is because they intend to use Byleth in a lot of mediums going forward, and want to keep the VA consistent from the start... that or maybe some kind of contract breach, which seems more likely given what we know.
I was wrong.
(edited 1 week ago)
Disagreed. It seems more attached and thus more likable.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430

User Info: sephatu

sephatu
1 week ago#43
Byleth should sound dead. The new guy is too shounen-y.

User Info: chughes724

chughes724
1 week ago#44
sephatu posted...
Byleth should sound dead. The new guy is too shounen-y.
I prefer the new guy for that very same reason. The old one sounded too old and emotionless.
Listen to my story....this may be our last chance.

User Info: Ace-of-Clubs

Ace-of-Clubs
1 week ago#45
ShadowSilver13 posted...
Would you remove the Mona Lisa from the Louvre is Leonardo da Vinci was confirmed to be a pedophile?

In our current society, I could absolutely see this being done, yes. Not saying I'd necessarily agree, but we have definitely reached this point.
I am Ace-of-Clubs, and I approve this message.
"oh boy I can't wait to date those samurai guys" - FSABot

User Info: epik_fail1

epik_fail1
1 week ago#46
It doesn't fit the character at all.
Primrose for smash

User Info: zKanoe

zKanoe
1 week ago#47
Don't like the new guy's voice. Sounds too passionate/full of emotion/light of a voice. As a guy who has had a deep voice since I was 13, I definitely appreciated the deeper voice, but ah well.
Something goes here...someday I'll remember what it was.
Ace-of-Clubs posted...
ShadowSilver13 posted...
Would you remove the Mona Lisa from the Louvre is Leonardo da Vinci was confirmed to be a pedophile?

In our current society, I could absolutely see this being done, yes. Not saying I'd necessarily agree, but we have definitely reached this point.

We are already taking down statues that hold historical significance because they're statues of a "bad people".
Mother 4 and MegaMan Battle Network Chrono X, two fangames that deserve more recognition. Please check them out.
www.mother4game.com / www.mmbnchronox.com

User Info: LordSeymour77

LordSeymour77
1 week ago#49
SilverBassCross posted...
We are already taking down statues that hold historical significance because they're statues of a "bad people".

Despite knowing that HP Lovecraft is a racist, I still find his works some of the best in the world. And I say this as an Asian.
If you want PC games outside of the tyranny of Steam, please try Jast USA and MangaGamer.

User Info: megaboltable

megaboltable
1 week ago#50
Yeah old VA was much better, don't know why they even replaced him after the game was out.
  • Post New Message