• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Ritster21

Ritster21
1 week ago#31
ChiyukiAsogi posted...
Don't really care when you have superior japanese voice

Don’t be a weeboo.
FC is 4038-6283-8425
1010101010 posted...
Would rather have him than a sexual assaulting man child to voice him.

What an insane statement. Learn to separate art from the artist, as they say. If you get offended by some guy's voice acting in a game just because the guy himself did some bad s***, you've got issues to solve.

The guy, if guilty, is going to get his punishment, and he's going to get fired. It doesn't make his voice acting any less good and it certainly doesn't make it necessary to remove it from the game.

Would you remove the Mona Lisa from the Louvre is Leonardo da Vinci was confirmed to be a pedophile? Would you remove the OST from any movie if you found out the composer was a murderer? Know that if your answer is "Yes", then you probably need to seek some form of therapy. Deleting history, art and work because you deem some part of it offensive is worse than leaving it as it is.
"Pizza Mozzarella, Pizza Mozzarella,
Rella, Rella, Rella, Rella..." -Gyro Zeppeli
(edited 1 week ago)
ShadowSilver13 posted...
Would you remove the Mona Lisa from the Louvre is Leonardo da Vinci was confirmed to be a pedophile? Would you remove the OST from any movie if you found out the composer was a murderer?
Yes. Absolutely. I burned my OJ Simpson jersey when he got away with murder.
nd9k: everything i post is terrible

User Info: ArisugawaRei

ArisugawaRei
1 week ago#34
Personally, I liked Chris Niosi's work better, but I might be biased because it's the first voice I heard for M-Byleth.

When I first heard Zach Aguilar's work for FEHeroes, I didn't like it because he sounded too soft? Based on what I've learned of Byleth through 2.5 playthroughs, he's not supposed to be very emotive, and even with that out of the way, he's an experienced mercenary; if he sounds softer and younger, I'd expect it to come after the time skip and outside of battle-- like in Heroes, for example.

I'll have to keep playing my third run with this change and see how I feel about it after that. Might be difficult, considering he doesn't talk much and I planned on playing the 4th route as F-Byleth...

Overall, I wouldn't say Aguilar sucks though-- that's harsh, especially when it might just come down to preference.

User Info: ArisugawaRei

ArisugawaRei
1 week ago#35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfBNYxG3n0Y

Found a link to another comparisson, for FE Heroes. Like I said before, I think I prefer Niosi's work because Byleth is supposed to be an emotionless, if somewhat serious, experienced mercenary. Having a deeper and rougher voice lends more credibility to that in a game/voice acting scenario to me, and I think Aguilar sadly fails at that here. It might not be entirely his fault, since the VA director should've guided him through the character, I think?
NeonDragon9000 posted...
ShadowSilver13 posted...
Would you remove the Mona Lisa from the Louvre is Leonardo da Vinci was confirmed to be a pedophile? Would you remove the OST from any movie if you found out the composer was a murderer?
Yes. Absolutely. I burned my OJ Simpson jersey when he got away with murder.

Your personal belonging is different from public works like a painting or a voice acting job. I wouldn't wanna be seen with an O.J. Jersey either, but I wouldn't wanna delete all recordings of his football career because he killed someone. He isn't his performance. His performance is something public.
"Pizza Mozzarella, Pizza Mozzarella,
Rella, Rella, Rella, Rella..." -Gyro Zeppeli

User Info: Blue-Lemon-Z

Blue-Lemon-Z
1 week ago#37
It's asinine to say this performance sucks solely because of the person. It's like saying Kevin Spacey's work was all garbage. No, you actually mean he did a horrible thing and is a crappy human being, but his acting was pretty grade-A before he got fired from everything. Unless you're actually that blind.

I'm still not even sure what this "Chris Niosi" did, other than be a bad ex-boyfriend and wanting to have drunk sex.
"I'm being harassed by a toaster"
Blue Lemons make the best topics.

User Info: PrincessRosa

PrincessRosa
1 week ago#38
Byleth is a girl so i'm not sure who this guy is supposed to be
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: chughes724

chughes724
1 week ago#39
Sounds great to me. Byleth sounds younger, which fits the character better
Listen to my story....this may be our last chance.

User Info: Rcxd999

Rcxd999
1 week ago#40
listening to the video, I prefer the first one (which I presume is the new voice actor) as the second one sounds like he's trying to have a deep voice when it doesn't come naturally to him.
  • Post New Message