• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Recon868

Recon868
1 week ago#181
NatsuSama posted...
Recon868 posted...
Oh? States and people wanting to seperate and rule themselves is treason?

....yes, thats what treason is.....

Recon868 posted...
As a Canadian, I always found it hypocritically hilarious to see Americans and the Union call the Confederates traitors. If thats the case, the US was built on treason considering what you did with the British and us redcoats. We stayed loyal like the Australians and gained our independence without killing British.

The worst defense anyone has when they try to defend the Confederates.
Yes, the United States States was built on treason. No, that has no relevance to a US citizen especially in 2019. Im not British, Im American. So that card is beyond pitiful to play. Yes, the Confederates are objectively and factually traitors to the US. Bringing up the US treason against the crown doesnt change that, nor should I care about treason against the crown, I was never born a British citizen.

Recon868 posted...
Hell, the US even invaded Canada in the War of 1812 to "liberate" us from British rule. We responded by burning your whitehouse down.

...... has nothing at all to do with my post.....
We in the US dont prop up monuments of Canadians burning the white house down on public display all over.
You find most of that in museums and history books, where they belong.

You don't seem to understand my point....somehow

Being "traitors" is not anymore a moral slight against the confederates than it was for the Americans when they were traitors to the crown. They were born British citizens, then rebelled through violence.

The Americans that founded America, are as you say, "traitorous scum" just like the confederates

Now to arify, I dont think it was wrong for the Americans to gain independence from the crown. However I also dont think it was wrong for the confederates to want to seperate from the Union.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: godofwar596

godofwar596
1 week ago#182
LordSeymour77 posted...
SilverBassCross posted...
We are already taking down statues that hold historical significance because they're statues of a "bad people".

Despite knowing that HP Lovecraft is a racist, I still find his works some of the best in the world. And I say this as an Asian.

Lovecraft also regretted his racism as he got older, so nobody should hold his racism against him and if they do then they can't forgive anyone I guess.

User Info: Trigger Zero

Trigger Zero
1 week ago#183
Good lord, any excuse to turn a video game conversation to some kind of eerily divisive political issue, huh guys and gals?

My take:

Statues are built to glorify people or movements. Many Confederate statues were erected far after the Civil War and are very tied to antagonism of the Civil Rights movement. These people, this movement, this history should not be celebrated, these statues should be destroyed, and more people should be educated on why this shouldn't even be a debate.

The Civil War was certainly fought for states' right, specifically the right in those states for some people to own other people on the basis of the other people having a higher melanin content in their skin and their economy being dependent on the free labor of these other people.

Statues are not symbols of history so much as symbols of reverence. We should not revere these figures of this awful history.

Such be all of humanity, a species clinging to hopes that reality be but a dream that they may wake from it in Heaven.
1010101010 posted...
Would rather have him than a sexual assaulting man child to voice him.

SG: Valentine/Double | SFV: Cammy, Karin | MvCI: Morrigan/Spider-Man | MK11: D'Vorah, Cassie, Jade, Kitana | SSBU: Lucas, Ness, Bayo | ROA: Absa | DS3: Q-Bee

User Info: borderinq

borderinq
1 week ago#185
The new one is much better. 1. I don't want to listen to an abusive jerk while playing but 2. besides that the second one fits better imo.

User Info: Eretai

Eretai
1 week ago#186
leadintea posted...
Agreed TC. I preferred Niosi's voice and it's a shame his personal life got in the way of this.

His personal life had nothing to do with it.

He broke NDA and announced he was the voice actor before they said he could. Big no-no.

User Info: Sandslashed

Sandslashed
1 week ago#187
Glad they did this. I want to get used to the new voice if Byleth shows up in Smash or if we get some DLC where Byleth actually talks.
3DS Friend Code: 2595 - 0912 - 2733

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
1 week ago#188
leadintea posted...
Agreed TC. I preferred Niosi's voice and it's a shame his personal life got in the way of this.

It's a shame that someone has to live their life as an abuse victim, not that there's a different voice performance. Get your priorities straight.
All my friends are in bar bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4

User Info: lowell666

lowell666
1 week ago#189
Eretai posted...
leadintea posted...

His personal life had nothing to do with it.

He broke NDA and announced he was the voice actor before they said he could. Big no-no.

Except there’s literally no evidence that’s the reason Nintendo replaced him. Nor does that reason make much sense as the reason to replace him in light of the abuse.

Let’s not forget that not even a year ago, Sega went out of their way to replace an actor who got busted for drugs months after the game had released. Yet people think NINTENDO is going to let a much greater offense slide, but yet get upset over hearing an NDA being violated long after it mattered? This makes sense to people?

I don’t get why the idea of someone getting in trouble for sexual abuse upsets you folks, but accept it. This isn’t about an NDA. This is about a guy damaging his brand and Nintendo in turn cutting ties with him.
Part of the flat Earth society. We have members all around the world

User Info: NatsuSama

NatsuSama
1 week ago#190
Recon868 posted...
You don't seem to understand my point....somehow

Being "traitors" is not anymore a moral slight against the confederates than it was for the Americans when they were traitors to the crown. They were born British citizens, then rebelled through violence.

The Americans that founded America, are as you say, "traitorous scum" just like the confederates

Now to arify, I dont think it was wrong for the Americans to gain independence from the crown. However I also dont think it was wrong for the confederates to want to seperate from the Union.

I got your point, its irrelevant.
Washington doesnt compare to the Confederate army in any manner under US historical figures of traitorous scum.

Washington committing treason to a country I have absolutely no loyalty to is literally you reaching. Thats why its a weak argument to play.
I am a US citizen. Washington did what he did for the US, and therefore is NOT a traitor against the US. Treason against the crown is literally irrelevant to a US citizen who supports the US.
The Confederates committed treason against the US. What they did was NOT for the US.
WAAAH, I CAN'T BEAT THIS GUY WITH HIS TACTICS, I'M GONNA CALL IT SPAM AND CONDEMN HIM FOR USING IT
  • Post New Message