• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
1 week ago#171
ShadowSilver13 posted...
1010101010 posted...
Would rather have him than a sexual assaulting man child to voice him.

What an insane statement. Learn to separate art from the artist, as they say. If you get offended by some guy's voice acting in a game just because the guy himself did some bad s***, you've got issues to solve.

The guy, if guilty, is going to get his punishment, and he's going to get fired. It doesn't make his voice acting any less good and it certainly doesn't make it necessary to remove it from the game.

Would you remove the Mona Lisa from the Louvre is Leonardo da Vinci was confirmed to be a pedophile? Would you remove the OST from any movie if you found out the composer was a murderer? Know that if your answer is "Yes", then you probably need to seek some form of therapy. Deleting history, art and work because you deem some part of it offensive is worse than leaving it as it is.

No but I also wouldn't care if the owner of a museum didn't want the art there either. Not like this va role is historically or culturally significant enough to be in a museum anyway.
SirNightmayor posted...
So what did the old VA even do? I keep hearing conflicting stories.

He broke NDA. Anyone who tells you otherwise is LARPING off twitter and tumblr posts from a literal who.
In with the wind...

User Info: Silfalas

Silfalas
1 week ago#173
Old one was way better.

User Info: Binkster

Binkster
1 week ago#174
SilverBassCross posted...
NatsuSama posted...
A statue and monuments of key individuals are literally a glorification of it. Theres no if ands or buts to that. Especially specific figures. You dont prop up things you hate to remember it, its that simple. Even monuments pf tragedies, the monument and statue is clear in remembering the victims, not the people who caused the tragedy.

Like I said, if a statue of the people who committed 9/11 was propped up, or whatever atrocious figure, these same "remember history" folks would be singing a different toon. They low key support it, so they dont mind glorifying individuals who dont deserve to have moments propped up all over town.

Except they're not being propped up now, I'm talking about historical statues that were made back in the days those people were alive. You're trying to say if you wouldn't make a statue of a person today the statues already existing of them as a part of history should be now destroyed. That's some bulls*** logic. Of course you're not gonna make a statue of Hitler today, but they fact that people did should be seen and remembered. Pretty sure Hitler doesn't need statues to be remembered but there are bad people who do.

Sure. Commemorate and honor history. That’s exactly why almost all of the Native American settlements have been obliterated along with their languages, and many of their cultures through indoctrination, fear tactics, and generational genocide. This still persists to today to a much lesser extent.
"Not to sway your opinion, but... You? Me? Golden Deer? We could be great together." Claude von Reigan (FE:Three Houses)
Official Claude of FETH Board

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
1 week ago#175
BoarPrince posted...
If y'all think cancel culture is so bad, then you might be kidding yourselves.

Cancel culture in itself, is an internet fiasco that barely gets anywhere most of the time. Think of how many scandals people on youtube have gotten into, yet still remain successful. More than you might think.

Niosi broke a contract, and Nintendo is incredibly stiff about those. A well respected company also doesn't want to be associated with someone with a reputable history as a bad person, especially since Niosi himself admitted to it being true.

Anyway, Zach Aguilar does a fine job.

Exactly, people b**** about Nintendo cutting out his work but the damn company didn't owe him anything. Niosi got his paycheck at the end of the day.
Nerd girl who's passionate, Bandana Dee for Smash!
#1 Assist Trophy, Galeem, Lonato & FE Echoes Lover! F to Geno, BWD + Isaac. Hero's in!

User Info: Stefan1277

Stefan1277
1 week ago#176
I must confess that I believe a person's professional career should be split from their personal business. Not because a person is trash means that their work is as well.

That aside, that guy was a piece of **** and the company didn't owe him ****.

Also... Genos from OPM. That's all I hear from the new voice. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Gamefaqs users in one article:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-behaviors-modern-world-only-making-worse/

User Info: NatsuSama

NatsuSama
1 week ago#177
Recon868 posted...
Oh? States and people wanting to seperate and rule themselves is treason?

....yes, thats what treason is.....

Recon868 posted...
As a Canadian, I always found it hypocritically hilarious to see Americans and the Union call the Confederates traitors. If thats the case, the US was built on treason considering what you did with the British and us redcoats. We stayed loyal like the Australians and gained our independence without killing British.

The worst defense anyone has when they try to defend the Confederates.
Yes, the United States States was built on treason. No, that has no relevance to a US citizen especially in 2019. Im not British, Im American. So that card is beyond pitiful to play. Yes, the Confederates are objectively and factually traitors to the US. Bringing up the US treason against the crown doesnt change that, nor should I care about treason against the crown, I was never born a British citizen.

Recon868 posted...
Hell, the US even invaded Canada in the War of 1812 to "liberate" us from British rule. We responded by burning your whitehouse down.

...... has nothing at all to do with my post.....
We in the US dont prop up monuments of Canadians burning the white house down on public display all over.
You find most of that in museums and history books, where they belong.
WAAAH, I CAN'T BEAT THIS GUY WITH HIS TACTICS, I'M GONNA CALL IT SPAM AND CONDEMN HIM FOR USING IT

User Info: NatsuSama

NatsuSama
1 week ago#178
Except they're not being propped up now, I'm talking about historical statues that were made back in the days those people were alive. You're trying to say if you wouldn't make a statue of a person today the statues already existing of them as a part of history should be now destroyed. That's some bulls*** logic. Of course you're not gonna make a statue of Hitler today, but they fact that people did should be seen and remembered. Pretty sure Hitler doesn't need statues to be remembered but there are bad people who do.

Except they were propped after committing treason, and it quite frankly doesnt matter when they were propped.
If a named famous muslim individual committed treason 9/11 in America, you be lying to sit here and claim statues of that individual would be proudly still be sitting in town squares with it being viewed as patriotic to fight to keep it up or want any association with a statue of said traitor.
Literally twisting into a pretzel to justify glorifying treasonous individuals against ones own country.

Its bulls*** logic to twist into a pretzel to pretend proudly leaving statues of individuals who are treasonous or evil or an embarrassment to the country should proudly leave them propped up to glorify them while pretending, "thats the only way Ill remember or learn about it."
The same reason why you dont see:
Statues or monuments everywhere dedicated to Hitler in Germany. You say no ones propping them up now. Notice how statues and monuments dedicated to the glory of Hitler have all been torn down and at best can only be found in museums or textbooks.
Or monuments to remember the exact individuals who committed the atrocious acts on 9/11.
Why? Because statues and monuments glorify them. You proudly leave monuments and statues you are proud of on public display.

If you support leaving scum up, then you low key support it or dont care they committed the act. Statues of scum belong in a museum, not proudly in the middle of town square. And its not the only way to remember history, especially we literally have people proud, not ashamed of these statues.
WAAAH, I CAN'T BEAT THIS GUY WITH HIS TACTICS, I'M GONNA CALL IT SPAM AND CONDEMN HIM FOR USING IT
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: DTY3

DTY3
1 week ago#179
Celica posted...
Female is still better than both
Hell no
NatsuSama posted...

Except they were propped after committing treason, and it quite frankly doesnt matter when they were propped.
If a named famous muslim individual committed treason 9/11 in America, you be lying to sit here and claim statues of that individual would be proudly still be sitting in town squares with it being viewed as patriotic to fight to keep it up or want any association with a statue of said traitor.
Literally twisting into a pretzel to justify glorifying treasonous individuals against ones own country.

Its bulls*** logic to twist into a pretzel to pretend proudly leaving statues of individuals who are treasonous or evil or an embarrassment to the country should proudly leave them propped up to glorify them while pretending, "thats the only way Ill remember or learn about it."
The same reason why you dont see:
Statues or monuments everywhere dedicated to Hitler in Germany. You say no ones propping them up now. Notice how statues and monuments dedicated to the glory of Hitler have all been torn down and at best can only be found in museums or textbooks.
Or monuments to remember the exact individuals who committed the atrocious acts on 9/11.
Why? Because statues and monuments glorify them. You proudly leave monuments and statues you are proud of on public display.

If you support leaving scum up, then you low key support it or dont care they committed the act. Statues of scum belong in a museum, not proudly in the middle of town square. And its not the only way to remember history, especially we literally have people proud, not ashamed of these statues.

You're the one who's trying to assert that a statue must be glorification and cannot simply stand as matter of fact the same way bad people's names stay on books, but that's not a fact. Even the way you talk about it is like "proudy propping them", "dedicated to the glory of". There doesn't have to be anything prideful or glorious about it. Just as matter of fact. Things happened, these people did it, remember them. You're being overly emotional about it. Even if a statue was made with the purpose of glorification in the past it can lose that purpose and only exist as a reminder. Statues of Hitler were brought down, but do you think it would change people's perception of him as an evil person if they weren't? Would they think he's glorious? Or do you just want to spite the few real Nazis who would actually think that? Because it comes off as the latter with how emotional you are about this. If it's in history books, it totally can be on the streets, and in fact it should because how many people even read history books? Hitler doesn't need it, but there are many other mistakes of the past people don't know about and should.
Mother 4 and MegaMan Battle Network Chrono X, two fangames that deserve more recognition. Please check them out.
www.mother4game.com / www.mmbnchronox.com
(edited 1 week ago)
  • Post New Message