• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: NatsuSama

NatsuSama
1 week ago#151
@SilverBassCross posted...
We are already taking down statues that hold historical significance because they're statues of a "bad people".

Im assuming you mean the Confederate Treasonous Scum of America statues. Good, you dont glorify treasonous scum.

Ironic since the same people who glorify treasonous scum would be singing a different toon if you were to introduce scum they can rally behind to hate.
WAAAH, I CAN'T BEAT THIS GUY WITH HIS TACTICS, I'M GONNA CALL IT SPAM AND CONDEMN HIM FOR USING IT
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Chefcook90

Chefcook90
1 week ago#152
GamePlaye posted...
I like how there is a discussion about who better voiced the silent protagonist

Me too :3
FE Fates Castle: 16268-39691-00496-50003
"Now I am become /rant, the destroyer of threads." - a user laments his giant walls of text

User Info: Technickal1

Technickal1
1 week ago#153
chughes724 posted...
Technickal1 posted...
That actually was the reasoning Cristina Vee gave. And yeah, Rena Strober made pretty much the same announcement Cristina Vee did when Fates’ E3 trailer dropped, and she didn’t suffer for it.
This is why I don’t think Niosi was cut for NDA reasons. I think that Nintendo cut him to protect their image.

Well, yes and no. I do think him breaking NDA was part of the reasoning, or rather how we broke it. You see, it wasn’t that he teased the role on Twitter like Strober did. He actively bragged about it to one of his ex-girlfriends and how he had a chance of voicing the character in Smash. We know about this because the girlfriend in question let this slip on Twitter a few days before he was officially credited in Three Houses or even Heroes. She then told the full story on Tumblr which led to Niosi’s other exes sharing their own stories and him confessing to abuse. Needless to say, Nintendo wanted no involvement in this.
3DS FC: 0705-2213-8367
FE14 MC Address: 06522-09932-36503-79745
OK, so that makes sense. I remember there was a Twitter statement that was shortly removed afterward in Strober’s case. But since she didn’t directly reveal who she was voicing, she probably wasn’t seen as breaking the NDA. But the Twitter post was probably removed because she realized she could have been.

Cristina Vee not breaking the NDA makes more sense, because in pre-release material, voice actors change a lot. I also think I remember her saying somewhere that she was happy that Tara Platt got the role, which she obviously wouldn’t be saying if it was for the legal reasons. Or I might be confusing her with someone else. But I remember that was circulating around somewhere.
You know you read too much when you dream about flying books.
NatsuSama posted...
@SilverBassCross posted...
We are already taking down statues that hold historical significance because they're statues of a "bad people".

Im assuming you mean the Confederate Treasonous Scum of America statues. Good, you dont glorify treasonous scum.

Ironic since the same people who glorify treasonous scum would be singing a different toon if you were to introduce scum they can rally behind to hate.

I wasn't referring to any statues in particular or even statues in the US, but to think that statue = glorification is just stupid even if the statue was originally made with that intent. History has bad parts and bad people in it but they should also have statues and be remembered. Not every statue has to make you feel proud, you can feel hate towards a statue, but taking the statue down isn't the right response to that. Newer generations already know jack s*** about the past, if you really hate somebody then let their statue stand and when a kid asks you who that person was you can explain to them who they were and what they did wrong. People are supposed to learn from history not erase the parts that offend them and pretend they didn't exist. A statue is a reminder of history even if it depicts a bad person. I'd rather have a statue to spit on than a broken one. But oh of course people are too emotional not to take out their hammers and go caveman mode.
Mother 4 and MegaMan Battle Network Chrono X, two fangames that deserve more recognition. Please check them out.
www.mother4game.com / www.mmbnchronox.com
(edited 1 week ago)
Another reason why I prefer JPN voices. Don’t have to to deal with random dub changes.

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
1 week ago#157
HooliganComboFT posted...
Another reason why I prefer JPN voices. Don’t have to to deal with random dub changes.

Unless you're voicing a snowman and you're caught doing snow...man!
https://society6.com/redpawdesigns
I draw stuff. Buy a pillow to support your butt AND my gaming backlog collection
The new voice really doesn't sound all that much different. I can barely hear a change.
nd9k: everything i post is terrible

User Info: NatsuSama

NatsuSama
1 week ago#159
A statue and monuments of key individuals are literally a glorification of it. Theres no if ands or buts to that. Especially specific figures. You dont prop up things you hate to remember it, its that simple. Even monuments pf tragedies, the monument and statue is clear in remembering the victims, not the people who caused the tragedy.

Like I said, if a statue of the people who committed 9/11 was propped up, or whatever atrocious figure, these same "remember history" folks would be singing a different toon. They low key support it, so they dont mind glorifying individuals who dont deserve to have moments propped up all over town. You dont prop up statues and monuments of figures who caused a tragedy unless you low key support it, just like its unamerican to prop up statues of the men who caused 9/11, or to glorify Hitler with statues of him in public places.

The, remember history angle is a pathetic defense. You can remember the victims without glorifying the people who caused it.
WAAAH, I CAN'T BEAT THIS GUY WITH HIS TACTICS, I'M GONNA CALL IT SPAM AND CONDEMN HIM FOR USING IT
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Hercik1

Hercik1
1 week ago#160
HooliganComboFT posted...

Nobody tell him about Judgement. They didn’t just change the voice they stopped selling the game and didn’t resume selling until they changed the whole character appearance.
  • Post New Message