• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: chughes724

chughes724
1 week ago#141
Ultimately guys, the end result is that Niosi is out and Aguilar is in. I think we should be happy for Aguilar at least, he has nothing to do with this whole dumpster fire.
Listen to my story....this may be our last chance.

User Info: GotTired

GotTired
1 week ago#142
Reminder: Separate art from artist.

Also, he didn't lose the part for anything other than saying he was in it ahead of time.
Going to bed. Goodnight.

User Info: Chefcook90

Chefcook90
1 week ago#143
lildragon0 posted...
chughes724 posted...
lildragon0 posted...
"Making a move" means you try to initiate. I don't know what you think it means. It doesn't mean "have sex" to me.

You make a move, see how the other person responds, and go from there. The point of making a move is to ask for consent without ruining the mood by saying "wanna have sex?" Cuz that's just a mood killer.
My apologies then. I thought you meant it was ok to try to pressure them into it whether they wanted it or not, and that you didn’t need “implied consent” to do so. I definitely read that wrong, and I apologize for insulting your wife.

Glad we cleared that up. No worries.

Holy.
s***.

I think I just witnessed the first ever adult conversation on the TH board.

Am I dreaming?
Has hell frozen over?
Am I dead?
FE Fates Castle: 16268-39691-00496-50003
"Now I am become /rant, the destroyer of threads." - a user laments his giant walls of text
(edited 1 week ago)
I think Nintendo is honestly being ridiculous with the replacement.

Christina Vee "broke NDA" when people heard Edelgard's voice in the E3 2018 trailer, recognized it as Christina's, took to Twitter to ask about it, and she confirmed it. That's how she got kicked out of the role: Confirming that people aren't f***ing deaf, and can actually recognize vocal patterns.

At least Christina wasn't already implemented into the final product, though, even if Nintendo were being stupid f***s about it. Niosi's work was already in the shipped product. And don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem having him replaced in any future works featuring Byleth, but replacing him in the stuff he's already in, for any reason, is just petty, and I can guarantee you the abuse stuff is just a convenient cover (because if there's one thing people love, it's a distraction) and that they're literally only concerned about the NDA breakage.

Between this s*** and Nintendo's transparent hatred of union VAs, I think someone really needs to give Nintendo a kick in the rear on the matter. Nobody else would do this.
They called me Berkut Dude, and I died at the top: https://i.imgtc.com/OQ5OmdR.jpg
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUpprLrFvNWXw6PdJMdCt2g |
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Recon868

Recon868
1 week ago#145
The court of public opinion is not ruled by truth or objectivity, but rather raw emotion and mob thinking.

He made a dumb mistake making his apologies public. He should have privately apologized for his a****** behavior to his gf and friends.

User Info: Technickal1

Technickal1
1 week ago#146
Cristina Vee wasn’t replaced because she broke NDA. She was initially cast because they needed someone on short notice to do the E3 trailer, then when it came time to dub the actual game, they re-evaluated Edelgard’s character and determined Tara Platt was a better fit. Who is actually much closer to being a “union VA” than Cristina Vee is, incidentally.
3DS FC: 0705-2213-8367
FE14 MC Address: 06522-09932-36503-79745
So Christina Vee broke NDA as well? Interesting. I didn’t realize that’s what happened. I just thought that it was found Tara Platt was better suited to the role later on, and so it was given to her. Regardless, you would think voice actors would know better, because they sign contracts stating what they are allowed and not allowed to do. Not to mention, for many of them, this isn’t their first rodeo, so they know what’s expected of them. If it’s a matter of being famous, then they can get it after the work releases or whenever the company says it’s OK to reveal themselves. There’s no harm in waiting. And if their job is at risk upon breaking the rules, I don’t understand why they don’t wait.

On the subject of this topic, I like the new voice better. The characters supposed to be a younger one, so the higher pitch fits. Some of the tone is a bit off ( such as the voice going up, instead of down, on let the lesson begin), but other than that, I think the voice actor did a great job.

As for what happened, I think it’s a shame on all sides. But at the end of the day, companies have rules, and if actors break them, The company owners are within their rights to enact consequences. Same thing with a public image and information that could compromise the image that was not disclosed before, especially since said information was clearly important to employment.

On a sidenote, I am reminded of something similar where I think Rena Strober (Azura’s VA in Fates) broke NDA and was fine. Either it was confirmed to be completely accidental, or it was determined she didn’t actually break NDA. Does anyone have details on what happened then? I know she’s appeared in works since, so they haven’t been any issues with her and what happened.
You know you read too much when you dream about flying books.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Technickal1

Technickal1
1 week ago#148
wheeling_gamer posted...
So Christina Vee broke NDA as well? Interesting. I didn’t realize that’s what happened. I just thought that it was found Tara Platt was better suited to the role later on, and so it was given to her. Regardless, you would think voice actors would know better, because they sign contracts stating what they are allowed and not allowed to do. Not to mention, for many of them, this isn’t their first rodeo, so they know what’s expected of them. If it’s a matter of being famous, then they can get it after the work releases or whenever the company says it’s OK to reveal themselves. There’s no harm in waiting. And if their job is at risk upon breaking the rules, I don’t understand why they don’t.

On the subject of this topic, I like the new voice better. The characters supposed to be a younger one, so the higher pitch fits. Some of the tone is a bit off ( such as the voice going up, instead of down, on let the lesson begin), but other than that, I think the voice actor did a great job.

As for what happened, I think it’s a shame on all sides. But at the end of the day, companies have rules, and if actors break them, there are within their rights to enact consequences. Same thing with a public image information that could compromise the image was not disclosed before, especially since said information was clearly important to employment.

On a sidenote, I am reminded of something similar where I think Rena Strober (Azura’s VA in Fates) NDA and was fine. Either it was confirmed to be completely accidental, or it was determined she didn’t actually break NDA. Does anyone have details on what happened then? I know she’s appeared in works sense, so they haven’t been any issues with her and what happened.

That actually was the reasoning Cristina Vee gave. And yeah, Rena Strober made pretty much the same announcement Cristina Vee did when Fates’ E3 trailer dropped, and she didn’t suffer for it.
3DS FC: 0705-2213-8367
FE14 MC Address: 06522-09932-36503-79745

User Info: GamePlaye

GamePlaye
1 week ago#149
I like how there is a discussion about who better voiced the silent protagonist

User Info: chughes724

chughes724
1 week ago#150
Technickal1 posted...
That actually was the reasoning Cristina Vee gave. And yeah, Rena Strober made pretty much the same announcement Cristina Vee did when Fates’ E3 trailer dropped, and she didn’t suffer for it.
This is why I don’t think Niosi was cut for NDA reasons. I think that Nintendo cut him to protect their image.
Listen to my story....this may be our last chance.
  • Post New Message