• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Maddening without NG+ is...

User Info: MinatoNarukam

MinatoNarukam
1 month ago#11
MinatoNarukam posted...
Currently doing the map with Golden Deer.

The team:
Byleth
Claude
Ignatz
Marianne
Hilda

Only RNG-reliant moment so far is Ignatz dodging 2 77% from Hubert.

Update: Hilda almost got one-rounded by Dimitri, she lived because Heal Tile. Other than those 2 instances, smooth sailing.
"You can't escape, Shining Binds!"

User Info: Tombstone1988

Tombstone1988
1 month ago#12
Kythlyn posted...
Yeah, playing this as Black Eagles... I don't even know what to do. I need to bring magic users to even have a chance at taking out Dedue, but I'm lucky to even get that far without losing one of them, or running out of spell uses.

I used Byleth, Edelgard, Hubert, Petra, Dorothea; I made sure to give Hubert Caspar's axe, Dorothea the second iron sword, and Petra Bernie's bow and Linhardt's training sword. I also had 2 vulneraries on everyone. After clearing out the initial 3, I went left. After clearing out Hilda and Claude (took me two tries to figure out the best way to do so), take out Manuela and let Dimitri and Dedue come to you. Dimitri's pathing is wonky, so you should be able to separate him and Dedue. Make sure you bait Dedue into attacking so his +4 Defense skill on wait doesn't proc.

It took every single spell cast, lots of vulneraries and plenty of combat art spam, but it's doable.

User Info: Kythlyn

Kythlyn
1 month ago#13
Got through it with 3 amazingly lucky crits that hit Hilda, Claude and Dimitri.
http://gamerhorizon.com/

User Info: Walshin

Walshin
1 month ago#14
Protip if you're beginning Maddening : On the prologue map, before you finish the last enemy, don't forget to trade the weapons/vulneraries off the two lords you won't use and into your Byleth's inventory. You get to keep those. Give a nice advantage.

User Info: RadiantHowling

RadiantHowling
1 month ago#15
TMW Edelgard and Dimitri get doubled in Prolouge
"Now, you die!"

User Info: GrimGamingOnYT

GrimGamingOnYT
1 month ago#16
Kythlyn posted...
Yeah, playing this as Black Eagles... I don't even know what to do. I need to bring magic users to even have a chance at taking out Dedue, but I'm lucky to even get that far without losing one of them, or running out of spell uses.

I went in with Ferdinand, Petra and linhardt. Took me about 15 turns.. forests are your friends, and have everyone focus on person (also Ferdinand is really strong with his combat art)

User Info: Kythlyn

Kythlyn
1 month ago#17
GrimGamingOnYT posted...
Kythlyn posted...

I went in with Ferdinand, Petra and linhardt. Took me about 15 turns.. forests are your friends, and have everyone focus on person (also Ferdinand is really strong with his combat art)

Maybe my luck was bad, but I was getting hit twice by arrows, even in the forest!
http://gamerhorizon.com/

User Info: Xeilua

Xeilua
1 month ago#18
Playing Golden Deer, and got two game overs in a row. Maybe I need to start over with Blue Lions just to have a f***ing chance.

User Info: NeonDragon9000

NeonDragon9000
1 month ago#19
Walshin posted...
And I was cheating by playing Blue Lions too.
That’s not what cheating means.
nd9k: everything i post is terrible

User Info: Mark1117

Mark1117
1 month ago#20
I cleared that battle in BE by giving Byleth the Speed+3 item from the DLC so no one can double him. I used him as the tank.
Switch FC:4196-6847-9490
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Maddening without NG+ is...
  • Topic Archived