• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Lunatic/Infernal Mode

User Info: Hawelo92

Hawelo92
1 month ago#1
Hello. Does anyone know if Lunatic/Infernal mode is actually confirmed to come in a later patch? From what I can remember, Nintendo's twitter account only mentioned one new difficulty mode coming at a later date and the Infernal on the datamine seems more like a placeholder than a proper difficulty mode. I'm just wondering if I should jump in or wait for the -actual- hardest difficulty, if it's coming.

User Info: Fudanshi

Fudanshi
1 month ago#2
Nope.
Seems like Maddening is the hardest difficulty judging from what has been said about it.

And it's not even very hard outside of the first 3 tutorial battles.
"Papa, I have to say one more thing before we leave. ...Rrrgh rawrggh rrh! That's dragon for "I love you!"
- The Most Precious Thing in existence

User Info: NeonDragon9000

NeonDragon9000
1 month ago#3
They did state Lunatic was coming later, unless they renamed it to Maddening.
nd9k: everything i post is terrible

User Info: Hawelo92

Hawelo92
1 month ago#4
NeonDragon9000 posted...
They did state Lunatic was coming later, unless they renamed it to Maddening.

I found the tweet and it says "For those looking for more of a challenge in #FireEmblem: Three Houses beyond Normal and Hard mode, a free update will be released later this year that’ll add an even harder mode for you!"
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1154436147566841857

User Info: NeonDragon9000

NeonDragon9000
1 month ago#5
Hawelo92 posted...
I found the tweet and it says "For those looking for more of a challenge in #FireEmblem: Three Houses beyond Normal and Hard mode, a free update will be released later this year that’ll add an even harder mode for you!"
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1154436147566841857
Then it sounds like Lunatic was renamed to Maddening. Although having a fourth difficulty would be nice so you can do each path on a higher setting. Maybe they'll finalize Infernal.
nd9k: everything i post is terrible

User Info: Kekarookee

Kekarookee
1 month ago#6
The way this game is, I don't feel like it's equipped to force strategy on an even harder difficulty. I feel like my students are trying their hardest on Maddening, on Lunatic I would need like a map that was designed for it. I would totally pay for this though, a better version of the same game.

User Info: Fudanshi

Fudanshi
1 month ago#7
Kekarookee posted...
The way this game is, I don't feel like it's equipped to force strategy on an even harder difficulty. I feel like my students are trying their hardest on Maddening, on Lunatic I would need like a map that was designed for it. I would totally pay for this though, a better version of the same game.
I do sorta agree with this, but they could still take it WAY further in good ways...

Like Combat Arts for example, they could really be used to spice up battles, but they are hardly ever seen on enemies.
Enemies also tend to have the most basic battalions, and don't use them often anyways.
Enemy placement also isn't anything special for the most part.

So while this game definitely doesn't have as much depth as Fates, they still could have taken the time to make Maddening a lot more interesting and unique.
Hopefully they'll expand on all of this in their next title and make the harder difficulties more fun.
"Papa, I have to say one more thing before we leave. ...Rrrgh rawrggh rrh! That's dragon for "I love you!"
- The Most Precious Thing in existence
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Lunatic/Infernal Mode
  • Topic Archived