• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Fire Emblem Fates Appreciation Topic

User Info: Homecoming683

Homecoming683
1 week ago#11
PurpleEchoes posted...
Malig Knight Elise is one of the funnest units I ever used in Fates

Oh, that sounds like a hilarious story. How so?

User Info: PurpleEchoes

PurpleEchoes
1 week ago#12
Homecoming683 posted...
PurpleEchoes posted...

I decided to do it one day for jokes, and its actually broken

At base she compares to silas, then she grows speed at an insane rate, and arthur+tonic+forge+wyvern bases+ str+2 skill + axes just having high mt kept her physical damage output actually decent for the longest time, and once she promoted she was like a faster, less bulky Leo who can fly. Funnily enough she still had plenty of bulk because once you are orko-ing everything it starts to translate into bulk since you build 6 shield gauge every encounter (4 from doubling and 2 from the enemy attacking)

Also in CQ 17, you can speedstack to a point to where you can double the Master Ninjas, and with a Bolt Axe she could break through their res to orko with no mag pair up or anything (I was using Kaze at this point for speed since her magic eclipsed her strength so much it was always the best option)
"I don't want fear for a future, that may not even come, to stop me from acting today."

User Info: Alacrity

Alacrity
1 week ago#13
PurpleEchoes posted...
Homecoming683 posted...
PurpleEchoes posted...

At base she compares to silas, then she grows speed at an insane rate, and arthur+tonic+forge+wyvern bases+ str+2 skill + axes just having high mt kept her physical damage output actually decent for the longest time, and once she promoted she was like a faster, less bulky Leo who can fly. Funnily enough she still had plenty of bulk because once you are orko-ing everything it starts to translate into bulk since you build 6 shield gauge every encounter (4 from doubling and 2 from the enemy attacking)

Also in CQ 17, you can speedstack to a point to where you can double the Master Ninjas, and with a Bolt Axe she could break through their res to orko with no mag pair up or anything (I was using Kaze at this point for speed since her magic eclipsed her strength so much it was always the best option)

Dark Flier Elise is also insanely broken right out of the gate

Homecoming683
1 week ago#14
Alacrity posted...
PurpleEchoes posted...
Homecoming683 posted...
PurpleEchoes posted...

That sounds beautiful. XD

User Info: PurpleEchoes

PurpleEchoes
1 week ago#15
Alacrity posted...
PurpleEchoes posted...
Homecoming683 posted...
PurpleEchoes posted...

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh doesnt get the bulk improvement from the Wyvern/Malig bases and growths which kinda kills it for me
"I don't want fear for a future, that may not even come, to stop me from acting today."
I live how they made bows useful without recoursing to CC or being able to hit a hundred tiles away.

Kinshi knights are my favourite class ever.

The valla battle theme sounds so cool.

I really like soleil and ophelia, despite how badly the game treated them. I have a +4 soleil and spiral ophelia on my main feh team.

I love the japanese aesthetic of hoshido and the allways dark classy castles of nohr.

Dual weilding katanas.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Moranite

Moranite
1 week ago#17
I'm gonna try not to ramble too much but I kind of feel like I've got a ton to say.

Getting into Fire Emblem has been kind of a Strange Journey for me, as even right now I'm not %100 sure what I want out of the series. Earlier this year, I was completely determined that I wouldn't touch Fates at all. Why play it for the story, I asked myself, everyone says the story sucks. Why play it for the gameplay, you suck at SRPGs. Just stick to grinding your way through everything like you always do. For a while, I did.

But then I go online, look past the bait and trolling, and see that there are people who really do appreciate what the game does right. Not long after I start to see this, Fates Conquest goes on sale. Somehow feeling that I needed to play it, I bought it ASAP.

It's a good thing I listened, because I really enjoyed myself. I found it to be superior to Awakening in almost every way. Conquest is probably the game that has finally gotten me to appreciate the gameplay of an SRPG more than ever before. I had a difficult time of things but I feel like, as I played, I was starting to get a bit better at Fire Emblem and it was exciting. The music was wonderful, and I like a lot of the characters (including divisive ones like Camilla)

Fates catches a lot of flack for its story but the first time through I found myself pretty interested in what was going on. While I still have my problems with how some things went down, I had really come to like the Nohr Royal Family and one thing I'm not looking forward to in Birthright is having to fight and possibly kill them.

So yeah I enjoyed Fates Conquest and am gonna play the other game someday, even though nobody seems to like Birthright much. I might as well, though.
https://i.imgur.com/Hln2QLq.png | https://i.imgur.com/igzn4vJ.jpg
"Harman... the world won't change. All it does is turn."

Homecoming683
1 week ago#18
Moranite posted...
I'm gonna try not to ramble too much but I kind of feel like I've got a ton to say.

Getting into Fire Emblem has been kind of a Strange Journey for me, as even right now I'm not %100 sure what I want out of the series. Earlier this year, I was completely determined that I wouldn't touch Fates at all. Why play it for the story, I asked myself, everyone says the story sucks. Why play it for the gameplay, you suck at SRPGs. Just stick to grinding your way through everything like you always do. For a while, I did.

But then I go online, look past the bait and trolling, and see that there are people who really do appreciate what the game does right. Not long after I start to see this, Fates Conquest goes on sale. Somehow feeling that I needed to play it, I bought it ASAP.

It's a good thing I listened, because I really enjoyed myself. I found it to be superior to Awakening in almost every way. Conquest is probably the game that has finally gotten me to appreciate the gameplay of an SRPG more than ever before. I had a difficult time of things but I feel like, as I played, I was starting to get a bit better at Fire Emblem and it was exciting. The music was wonderful, and I like a lot of the characters (including divisive ones like Camilla)

Fates catches a lot of flack for its story but the first time through I found myself pretty interested in what was going on. While I still have my problems with how some things went down, I had really come to like the Nohr Royal Family and one thing I'm not looking forward to in Birthright is having to fight and possibly kill them.

So yeah I enjoyed Fates Conquest and am gonna play the other game someday, even though nobody seems to like Birthright much. I might as well, though.

Epic. :D

User Info: Your_Master

Your_Master
1 week ago#19
Anankos was the only thing good about Fates.
Stay on topic.

User Info: Binkster

Binkster
1 week ago#20
Best sound track in the series (aside from spamming Azura’s theme)

Vastly improved gameplay mechanics over awakening (not hard to do, but the gameplay was still enjoyable for CQ)
"Not to sway your opinion, but... You? Me? Golden Deer? We could be great together." Claude von Reigan (FE:Three Houses)
Official Claude of FETH Board
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Fire Emblem Fates Appreciation Topic
  • Post New Message