• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Let's settle this: who do you support?
(message deleted)

User Info: chughes724

chughes724
1 week ago#42
Vayu_The_End posted...
If they are such good ideas, lead by example. Implement it in your own territory and make the case for your system to the other leaders. Edelgard's war is undermined by the fact that nobody was stopping her from implementing her system in her own territory. How the other rulers choose to lead THEIR territory is none of her business to begin with. TWS was just a convinent excuse to justify her war, if they didnt exist, it would be one Emperor going to war to take control of the other two lands because they think they can run it better.

The Church's lies seem to be done in the interest of protecting Rhea and the surviving dragons, as well as putting Sothis in the position of a "goddess" that she herself describes herself as when you meet her. It isnt so bad that you must "overthrow the oppressive church that isnt actually oppressive..."
Change rarely happens peacefully. It is also very likely that the Church would actively suppress her reforms, as they’re determined to retain the status quo. I think it’s stated in GD that the Church goes out of its way to try to prevent contact with the outside world, in order to keep Fódlan from changing.
Listen to my story....this may be our last chance.

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
1 week ago#43
KariyaLollipop posted...
Dimitri wants a more peaceful version of the existing status quo,

Jesus christ, Edelgard fans really cant help but dumb down everyone to make her look better. Dimitri does not stop Sylvain from ending the Crest system or Hanneman for that matter. He doesnt address it himself, but it does get addressed in his route, the difference is that the nobility still exists, but commoners actually get to participate in government. Claude wanted to more or less end hostilities between Almyra and Fodlan, not as lofty as the other two, but respectful enough. God forbid you kill Claude in BE, hope you ready for another war with Almyra.

Also, for all the hate for the Crests, Fodlan barely won their war with Almyra when the crests existed. They do have their place, just not in Government.
Spencer! Devon! Maria! LAWRENCE! NOOOOO!!!

User Info: Walshin

Walshin
1 week ago#44
Neither. They are both bad in their own ways.
Hell I'd be more inclined to side with TWSITD than any of those two. Honestly.

User Info: Chefcook90

Chefcook90
1 week ago#45
chughes724 posted...
Chefcook90 posted...
Where's the Claude option?
Sorry, this is just a poll between these two. Not really a popularity contest, more of a “who do you think is right” debate. Claude ultimately just wants everyone to get along, which makes him cool in my book, but people aren’t really debating over his motivations.

In that case, I'd side with Edelgard - she's more or less correct that Rhea and TWSITD are the source of all the world's problems, and her ultimate goal is to destroy them both.
FE Fates Castle: 16268-39691-00496-50003
"Now I am become /rant, the destroyer of threads." - a user laments his giant walls of text

User Info: Loyreid

Loyreid
1 week ago#46
Vayu_The_End posted...
KariyaLollipop posted...
Dimitri wants a more peaceful version of the existing status quo,

Jesus christ, Edelgard fans really cant help but dumb down everyone to make her look better. Dimitri does not stop Sylvain from ending the Crest system or Hanneman for that matter. He doesnt address it himself, but it does get addressed in his route, the difference is that the nobility still exists, but commoners actually get to participate in government. Claude wanted to more or less end hostilities between Almyra and Fodlan, not as lofty as the other two, but respectful enough. God forbid you kill Claude in BE, hope you ready for another war with Almyra.

Also, for all the hate for the Crests, Fodlan barely won their war with Almyra when the crests existed. They do have their place, just not in Government.

You do know that a lot of players spare Claude more often then not right?

User Info: FelurFalas

FelurFalas
1 week ago#47
Loyreid posted...
Real question is, though, which one would be considered the canon choice? lol
Yorokobi No Ito Wa Canon Tsumugidasu
The Thread of Happiness is Weaved by a Canon

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 week ago#48
SwordsmanOrion posted...
I can't understand how anyone would support Edelgard unless they just want to f*** her.
Everything in the world is about sex except sex.
Byleth reaches for Dimitri's hand, Dimitri:"Sensei!! ", Edelgard walks up, smash his face in, "Oh Im sorry, did i break your concentration?"

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
1 week ago#49
FelurFalas posted...
Loyreid posted...
Real question is, though, which one would be considered the canon choice? lol

Definitely his survival. No matter the route, Claude surviving is definitely going to end up canon.
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
Bisexual and proud

User Info: UnovaBestGen

UnovaBestGen
1 week ago#50
chughes724 posted...
Change rarely happens peacefully. It is also very likely that the Church would actively suppress her reforms, as they’re determined to retain the status quo. I think it’s stated in GD that the Church goes out of its way to try to prevent contact with the outside world, in order to keep Fódlan from changing.

iirc Claude assumes so.
But I doubt is 100% true after all they let Shamir, Petra and Cyril in who aren't even from Fódlan.

And by the outside world I think it means Almyra and come on, they are dicks to Fódlan always trying to invade and s***
Uhh
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Let's settle this: who do you support?
  • Topic Archived