• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Let's settle this: who do you support?

User Info: Loyreid

Loyreid
1 week ago#31
KariyaLollipop posted...
SwordsmanOrion posted...
I can't understand how anyone would support Edelgard unless they just want to f*** her.

Personally I just like her politics more than the others. Rhea wants to bring back mommy but is otherwise content to let the world do as it will, Dimitri wants a more peaceful version of the existing status quo, Claude wants a borderless world which seems nice but we're sorely lacking in context so it's hard to judge, which leaves Edelgard as the only one who explicitly wants to move the world forward through the dismantling of the old order and new policies like public education (still can't recall which support chain that was though). She seems to be the only one with a chance of leading Fodlan out of the perpetual medieval state FE worlds find themselves in, with all the benefits that confers.

Also I find the idea of the church to be more off-putting than I think the game was willing to explore. Like Rhea and Seteth have extreme longevity and have therefore presumably been leading the church directly or by proxies for its entire history. The concept of a nigh-immortal leadership preventing change so anyone disadvantaged by the current system is screwed now and for all time seems properly messed up.

It's her and Ferdinand's support.

User Info: chughes724

chughes724
1 week ago#32
FelurFalas posted...
IKR? The results are too close to really matter.
I like seeing that, tbh. It shows that both have a ton of supporters, and there’s no definitive “right” path between the two of them.
Listen to my story....this may be our last chance.

User Info: Chefcook90

Chefcook90
1 week ago#33
Where's the Claude option?
FE Fates Castle: 16268-39691-00496-50003
"Now I am become /rant, the destroyer of threads." - a user laments his giant walls of text

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
1 week ago#34
Edelgard DOES have a problem with the faith actually. We see this in her support with Manuela. She just assumes that all followers of the teachings of Seiros do so because they are weak and unable to help themselves. She sees faith as a sign of weakness.

Edelgard makes all kinds of assumptions. She started a war over assumption and false information.
Memes
Mommy Rhea's lap is best lap.

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
1 week ago#35
Zephiel.

Rhea is too soft. Compassion is her weakness. Weakness that allowed Nemesis 2.0 to rise.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

chughes724
1 week ago#36
Chefcook90 posted...
Where's the Claude option?
Sorry, this is just a poll between these two. Not really a popularity contest, more of a “who do you think is right” debate. Claude ultimately just wants everyone to get along, which makes him cool in my book, but people aren’t really debating over his motivations.

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
1 week ago#37
BloodMoon7 posted...
Edelgard DOES have a problem with the faith actually. We see this in her support with Manuela. She just assumes that all followers of the teachings of Seiros do so because they are weak and unable to help themselves. She sees faith as a sign of weakness.

Edelgard makes all kinds of assumptions. She started a war over assumption and false information.

She still doesn’t try to take it away from people. Hell, I think faith is kind of worthless in the modern world, but I wouldn’t try to take that away from anyone else.
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
Bisexual and proud

chughes724
1 week ago#38
BloodMoon7 posted...

Having a problem with it is one thing, but she isn’t actively trying to suppress it. She flat out tells Rhea her war isn’t with the faith, but with the Church. She doesn’t care if you believe. She doesn’t, but she’ll let you do you.

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
1 week ago#39
Thrasher7170 posted...
1. The idea of toppling oppressive systems like the Church and the nobility are very appealing.
2. Instituting class reforms and creating merit based positions is a great idea.
3. She supports things like universal public education that allow the less fortunate to actually advance.

If they are such good ideas, lead by example. Implement it in your own territory and make the case for your system to the other leaders. Edelgard's war is undermined by the fact that nobody was stopping her from implementing her system in her own territory. How the other rulers choose to lead THEIR territory is none of her business to begin with. TWS was just a convinent excuse to justify her war, if they didnt exist, it would be one Emperor going to war to take control of the other two lands because they think they can run it better.

The Church's lies seem to be done in the interest of protecting Rhea and the surviving dragons, as well as putting Sothis in the position of a "goddess" that she herself describes herself as when you meet her. It isnt so bad that you must "overthrow the oppressive church that isnt actually oppressive..."
Spencer! Devon! Maria! LAWRENCE! NOOOOO!!!

User Info: SC6

SC6
1 week ago#40
emagdnE posted...
Zephiel.

Rhea is too soft. Compassion is her weakness. Weakness that allowed Nemesis 2.0 to rise.

yup the same compassion that put down one of the Kingdom's houses twice as well as her own Western Church. The compassion that chooses violence before dialogue.

When your go to solution is execution, someone is bound to accumulate more power and raise up

Rhea reaped what she sowed
PSN - NovaSol6(PS3/VITA), GreenTea_Sama(PS4)
3DS FC: 0533-5134-4439
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Let's settle this: who do you support?
  • Topic Archived