• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Let's settle this: who do you support?

User Info: Homecoming683

Homecoming683
4 days ago#261
Everybody in this thread: *arguing about the merits of whether Rhea or Edelgard were right*

Me, an intellectual: *worshipping GD*

Btw, that's a joke guys. xD

User Info: Recon868

Recon868
4 days ago#262
This thread is just yet another thread showing the community is split down the middle regarding Rhea vs Edelgard

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
4 days ago#263
SC6 posted...
The war was necessity because she needs to trick TWSITD

Go back to Fates, Edelrrin.
TWS is such a lame plot device, and accepting your reasoning flat out removes any moral grey Edelgard has, so she actually winds up being the least interesting Lord imo.

Bleh.

Other than that, I dont agree with a few of your points (I dont see why Rhea is wrong for letting the King/Emperor/Leader rule their territories.) But none of what you posted is just flat out wrong, so I'll just agree to disagree with you on that front.

Indont really regard the village burning because she gets herself captured protecting people in the other three routes and only does that under the explicit scenario that Byleth flat out sides against her. It isn't good, but I cant dismiss her sacrifice in three other routes because of it.

As for an actual answer to your question, I legit dont know.
Spencer! Devon! Maria! LAWRENCE! NOOOOO!!!
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: SC6

SC6
4 days ago#264
Vayu_The_End posted...
TWS is such a lame plot device, and accepting your reasoning flat out removes any moral grey Edelgard has, so she actually winds up being the least interesting Lord imo.

they really are lol

but there's also strong evidence that they would trigger a war with or without Edelgard.
The thing that bugs me the most is I'm pretty sure only Edelgard and Claude will solve the Slither problem. So there's nothing preventing an eventual Agarthan uprising in the other endings.

But I can live with that.

Also I have a split stance on the war. As in Edelgard did it to get rid of Rhea and trick TWS. But like in hindsight, Byleth could convince Rhea to cede control and talk Edelgard down. Not to mention everyone listens and trusts Byleth save for Cyril, Catherine, and maybe Seteth because reasons lol

So nani the f***? to this plot I guess.
PSN - NovaSol6(PS3/VITA), GreenTea_Sama(PS4)
3DS FC: 0533-5134-4439

SC6
4 days ago#265
Homecoming683 posted...
Everybody in this thread: *arguing about the merits of whether Rhea or Edelgard were right*

Hi, I'm a member of the Byleth Faithful. Can I impart onto you today, the wisdom of our lord and savior Byleth?

User Info: G-O-F

G-O-F
4 days ago#266
SC6 posted...
Homecoming683 posted...

Hi, I'm a member of the Byleth Faithful. Can I impart onto you today, the wisdom of our lord and savior Byleth?

Only if it is Fyleth and her big- don't mind me, you are okay with your choice 👍
Best Games of 2018 list: God of War, Spider Man, Monster Hunter World, Smash Ult
Playing 2019: DMC V, REmake 2, ToV DE, Sekiro, MK11, FE TH, Borderlands 3.
I bet this will settle it for sure!
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
4 days ago#268
SC6 posted...
Vayu_The_End posted...

they really are lol

but there's also strong evidence that they would trigger a war with or without Edelgard.
The thing that bugs me the most is I'm pretty sure only Edelgard and Claude will solve the Slither problem. So there's nothing preventing an eventual Agarthan uprising in the other endings.

But I can live with that.

Also I have a split stance on the war. As in Edelgard did it to get rid of Rhea and trick TWS. But like in hindsight, Byleth could convince Rhea to cede control and talk Edelgard down. Not to mention everyone listens and trusts Byleth save for Cyril, Catherine, and maybe Seteth because reasons lol

So nani the f***? to this plot I guess.

I dunno. The issue with the war in general is absent TWS, there isnt any reason for the war. The worst you could say for Rhea is she doesnt oversee the internal affairs of the kingdoms, but I dont really see this as a bad thing. Centralized power sucks, it's the whole reason why the Empire broke into three to begin with, the idea you can pass sweeping edicts to various different lands and cultures is ridiculous.

Rhea wouldnt stop a more cooperative Edelgard from working with Dimitri and Claude to enact change. Which is a major failing of the plot. The problem if they do this is that Edelgard ceases to have any degree of moral Grey and Rhea is just flat out a villain. I feel the structure of the story and the set up of the war needed to be redone from the ground up.

The biggest wtf for me is that TWS are this huge threat to Edelgard controlling her from the shadows, until she kills Rhea, then they magically cease to be a threat. TWS being the motivator for Edelgard's war doesnt work because they arent properly build up as an actual threat to her. The moment Edelgard overthrew the TWS controlled nobles was the moment a more competent villain organization would've offed Edelgard and tried again. They had full blown proof Edelgard was not some random puppet, yet they had absolutely nothing prepared for her after she killed Rhea?

TWS reminds me of Iago. As threatening as the plot demands.
Spencer! Devon! Maria! LAWRENCE! NOOOOO!!!
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: INeedFood

INeedFood
4 days ago#269
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
And why should other countries be dragged into her revolution? Keep them out of it or suffer the consequences.

With the exemption of the initial attempt on Claude and Dimitri's life, Edelgard has never once declared war on either Faerghus or the Alliance before the time skip. Even in her war speech, she declares war on the Church of Seiros and only them.

When you return from the tomb, Seteth says that she declared war on the church's allies as well but this was not present in her actual speech. In BL, even Dedue echoes that she only declared war on the Church and suggests that they should return to Fhirdiad, but Dimitri does not comply.

The Alliance and the Kingdom students had two weeks to leave Garreg Mach, that is more than enough time to be gone from the vicinity but clearly they chose to stay and protect the church, meaning they've chosen to side against Edelgard which is not the same as saying she declared war on them.

She didn't drag them into the revolution, they willingly joined the fray due to allegiances. So your argument goes both ways, the nobles of the Alliance and Faerghus decided to follow their respective leaders and so they suffer the consequence of it.

SC6
4 days ago#270
@Vayu_The_End

I think it's pretty hard to make a war look justified while making all parties involved look mostly good. I can't recall anything that does this well. I'm ok with this semi cop out opposed to Fates Conquest's complete cop out

I disagree with your sentiments of centralizing power sucks. Original empire splitting in three probably has more to do with TWS induced corruption than a failing government. Also I personally don't see unification as a bad thing when political leaders are benevolent and competent.

I disagree with your specifics on Rhea not stopping a cooperative Edelgard, but agree with your main point. Because having known even just most of the background information. There is definitely a better way, and for me that's just Byleth gets everyone to get along lol.
Just let Byleth teach all the classes and problem solved. Edelgard will eventually do the reveal but Byleth convinces everyone to hold up and they can just purge the Agarthans and have Byleth be a competent arch bishop moderating for 3 sovereign nations co-existing. In fact, I'm kinda surprised this game doesn't have a happy ending.

TBF most of the known TWS leaders got wiped out during the story. I for one am ok with them not creating new characters just to make the ending narrative playable.

My biggest WTF is Rhea just kind of forgot that Agarthans are a threat. Like they went into hiding once and came out with Nemesis and she didn't kill them all. Why did she assume it wouldn't happen again?
I definitely question Rhea's intelligence and competency more than her morality.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Let's settle this: who do you support?
  • Post New Message