• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Let's settle this: who do you support?

User Info: DarkCaptain3

DarkCaptain3
1 week ago#251
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
Binkster posted...
Binkster posted...
Whatever she wants or not, she started a war. That's unnaceptable.

So any country that starts a revolution in defiance of oppression is wrong...

And why should other countries be dragged into her revolution? Keep them out of it or suffer the consequences.

Because their revolution is against the church and by being harbored in Faerghus, they are allying themselves with them... an enemy of my enemy is a friend.

Then she has no bussiness attacking. Simple as that. The Holy Kingdom doesn't want change, thus, she should keep her efforts to her country and nowhere else.

Except if you play through BL route Dimitri states he also doesn't like the crest system and thus he is thinking the same thing as Edelgard and the same thing as Claude. The only person who actually wants the crest system is Rhea as it makes matters easier for her to handle.
"So... are you satisfied now?",
Zelkova______________Gamestop Manager, Known as the Queen of Darkness

User Info: DarkCaptain3

DarkCaptain3
1 week ago#252
Vayu_The_End posted...
DarkCaptain3 posted...
nobles who are either in league with the church

There are no Empire nobles in league with the Church. I'm not going to debate deeper anymore, but I am going to correct inaccuracies.

I was under the impression that the noble Mercedes was funded by was a supporter of the Church.
"So... are you satisfied now?",
Zelkova______________Gamestop Manager, Known as the Queen of Darkness

User Info: Binkster

Binkster
1 week ago#253
Binkster posted...
Binkster posted...

And why should other countries be dragged into her revolution? Keep them out of it or suffer the consequences.

Because their revolution is against the church and by being harbored in Faerghus, they are allying themselves with them... an enemy of my enemy is a friend.

Then she has no bussiness attacking. Simple as that. The Holy Kingdom doesn't want change, thus, she should keep her efforts to her country and nowhere else.

If the holy kingdom didn’t want change, then they should have handed Rhea and installed a new archbishop who could’ve easily been more competent on some things, but instead they decided to accept Rhea and make a direct enemy of the Empire. By this point, Dimitri knows what he is doing and clearly wouldn’t mind going to war with Edelgard after figuring out she is the Flame Emperor.
"Not to sway your opinion, but... You? Me? Golden Deer? We could be great together." Claude von Reigan (FE:Three Houses)
Official Claude of FETH Board

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#254
DarkCaptain3 posted...
Binkster posted...
Binkster posted...

Except if you play through BL route Dimitri states he also doesn't like the crest system and thus he is thinking the same thing as Edelgard and the same thing as Claude. The only person who actually wants the crest system is Rhea as it makes matters easier for her to handle.

Which only furthens the idea that the rightful ruler of the holy kingdom would make for an ally rather than an enemy, and yet she still started a war against them, when they could have joined forces and pressure the church to change their stance on the crests.

Goes whitout saying that she should never had done that flame emperor act of hers as well.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
1 week ago#255
DarkCaptain3 posted...
The only person who actually wants the crest system is Rhea as it makes matters easier for her to handle.

Rhea' interest in crests is hiding their origins, she doesnt have a interest in the Crest system itself.
Spencer! Devon! Maria! LAWRENCE! NOOOOO!!!

Vayu_The_End
1 week ago#256
DarkCaptain3 posted...
Vayu_The_End posted...
DarkCaptain3 posted...

There are no Empire nobles in league with the Church. I'm not going to debate deeper anymore, but I am going to correct inaccuracies.

I was under the impression that the noble Mercedes was funded by was a supporter of the Church.

Mercedes is a blue lion, no?

Binkster
1 week ago#257
Vayu_The_End posted...
DarkCaptain3 posted...
Vayu_The_End posted...
DarkCaptain3 posted...

Originally from the Empire
"Not to sway your opinion, but... You? Me? Golden Deer? We could be great together." Claude von Reigan (FE:Three Houses)

Vayu_The_End
1 week ago#258
Binkster posted...
Vayu_The_End posted...
DarkCaptain3 posted...
Vayu_The_End posted...
DarkCaptain3 posted...

How is Mercedes funded by a noble that resides in another territory?

Binkster
1 week ago#259
Vayu_The_End posted...
Binkster posted...
Vayu_The_End posted...
DarkCaptain3 posted...
Vayu_The_End posted...
DarkCaptain3 posted...

How is Mercedes funded by a noble that resides in another territory?

Haven’t looked into her supports yet, but from what I gather, the noble is her adoptive father so that may have something to do with it.

User Info: SC6

SC6
1 week ago#260
@Vayu_The_End

1) Rhea gets blamed because she had the power to make these changes and didn't. We come to know that she's been around for 1100+ years. This is the equivalent of your country's leader letting each region/city take care of themselves and sitting back and not doing anything. She absolutely had the authority to make changes. She didn't always exercise that authority. We can be split on whether that's bad or not.

Also Agarthans and N...whatever her race's name is were at one point close allies. But sure, Agarthans could have very well advanced their magical tech further.

2) I absolutely agree with this. The war was not a necessity, Byleth is though. Rhea never shared her ambition of wanting Sothis (or her current vessel) take over. So no one knew her plan. During this period of her waiting for Sothis to come back, she lets Fodlan go in its decline and didn't put someone more competent in charge. (Like Seteth) Hence the conflict between her and Edelgard. Edelgard opposing the immortal leader who did nothing except maintain status as someone really important in Fodlan.

3) The war was necessity because she needs to trick TWSITD that she's on their side while fulfilling her own goals, which is actually positive social reforms and getting rid of TWSITD the actual detrimental organization in Fodlan. One of the steps in her plan involves uniting Fodlan under her rule and pretending to be TWSITD's puppet. There's even a clear distinction between her puppet persona and her.

Whether you feel war is justified or not is a point of discussion with no clear answer. When Edelgard put her plan into action, Byleth wasn't in the picture. When Byleth enters the picture, her plan is to have Byleth ally with her so she can take the most peaceful route to unifying Fodlan and getting rid of TWSITD at the same time.

Aside. Does Randolph set the village on fire if I let that battle play out long enough or is burning the village strictly a Rhea move?
PSN - NovaSol6(PS3/VITA), GreenTea_Sama(PS4)
3DS FC: 0533-5134-4439
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Let's settle this: who do you support?
  • Topic Archived