• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Let's settle this: who do you support?

User Info: Binkster

Binkster
1 week ago#241
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
The Adrastian empire has plenty of military power to hold out against the measly forces of the church. And the church would have to be stupid to try to fight the empire on equal terms. We all know what happened when Germany got cocky and tried to invade Russia.

That doesn’t mean they should just sit by... their goal is to get rid of Rhea, so sitting their is the exact opposite of completing their goals.
"Not to sway your opinion, but... You? Me? Golden Deer? We could be great together." Claude von Reigan (FE:Three Houses)
Official Claude of FETH Board

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#242
DarkCaptain3 posted...
Whatever she wants or not, she started a war. That's unnaceptable.

The war was started in retaliation of the church to begin with, don't think you've played the full game and understood everything thats going on.

It's precisely because I understand the story that I know that Edelgard needs to die for the good of all. The crest system should stay, it's preferable to how Edelgard's revolution turns out.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
1 week ago#243
Alright, there are entirely too many separate arguments going on. I'm going to do my best to explain my position in one post and leave it at that, weve been at this for way too long.

1) I dont think blaming Rhea for the issues within the respective kingdoms is fair. Could she have centralized power and put herself as the ruler of all? Yes, but by the same token, she isnt stopping any of the rulers of the Alliance, Empire, or Kingdom from enacting their own changes. Heck, the presence of Byleth kind of means whether or not Sothis does return through them, her plan in the first place was ceding power to them at the end, it's why she leaves for pargs unknown in BL and GD instead of trying to return as Archbishop. The problems in each lingdom are all on the ancestors of Edelgard Dimitri and Claude, since they had the power to solve their issues but didnt. I dont think it's really fair to blame Rhea for not being able to locate people able to use a type of technology she has never heard of to disguise themselves as whoever they want. The only reason we learn about TWS is because the reveal themselves.

2) Same thing goes for here. The war doesnt seem to be necessary because all of the lords seem to have their ideas for a better Fodlan and haven't been shown to have been against any of the other's ideas, so best case scenario those two working together could pool together the best of their ideas and implement it as the defacto rulers of their Countries. Nobody was really stopping them from doing this, certainly not Rhea.

3) The war from Edelgard's perspective seems to have been necessary because, as is consistant with her characterization, she didnt trust Dimitri and Claude to lead their Nations properly so she felt she had to do it for them, hence why she started the war. The problem with this is that it makes it hard to make a case for Edelgard to lead anything. She would, ironically enough, be the leader most close minded to change because she is so steeped in her belief that only she can rule Fodlan properly that you would need to move hell and high water to convince her of anything. Rhea at the very least, allows each Lord to rule their nations as they see fit. The only restriction seems to be "dont try to raise an army against the church" and of course, the technological handicap which the three lords have to bring up to Rhea, but those on their own arent justification to immediately start a bloody 5 year war.

And I will leave it at that. I love having little debates like this, but I cant keep going back and forth on the same topic for days on end...
Spencer! Devon! Maria! LAWRENCE! NOOOOO!!!

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#244
Binkster posted...
The Adrastian empire has plenty of military power to hold out against the measly forces of the church. And the church would have to be stupid to try to fight the empire on equal terms. We all know what happened when Germany got cocky and tried to invade Russia.

That doesn’t mean they should just sit by... their goal is to get rid of Rhea, so sitting their is the exact opposite of completing their goals.

On contrary. They want to change how the crest system operates? They don't need to kill Rhea to do so. They can change the laws, and then repel any attempts to overrule their decision. It's their country, they can do whatever they want, as long as it's inside their borders.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."

User Info: DarkCaptain3

DarkCaptain3
1 week ago#245

However the Empire doesn't have that much military power, pretty much all of its military isn't controlled by the King but rather nobles who are either in league with the church or with Slither.
"So... are you satisfied now?",
Zelkova______________Gamestop Manager, Known as the Queen of Darkness

User Info: Binkster

Binkster
1 week ago#246
Binkster posted...

So any country that starts a revolution in defiance of oppression is wrong...

And why should other countries be dragged into her revolution? Keep them out of it or suffer the consequences.

Because their revolution is against the church and by being harbored in Faerghus, they are allying themselves with them... an enemy of my enemy is a friend.
"Not to sway your opinion, but... You? Me? Golden Deer? We could be great together." Claude von Reigan (FE:Three Houses)
Official Claude of FETH Board

User Info: SC6

SC6
1 week ago#247

Knights of Seiros and the Kingdom's army are the strongest millitary forces in Fodlan.

The Empire didn't routinely lose to Faeghus because they felt like it.

Empire and Alliance were almost crushed by Almyra. Knights of Seiros is definitely a real threat
PSN - NovaSol6(PS3/VITA), GreenTea_Sama(PS4)
3DS FC: 0533-5134-4439

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#248
Binkster posted...
Binkster posted...

So any country that starts a revolution in defiance of oppression is wrong...

And why should other countries be dragged into her revolution? Keep them out of it or suffer the consequences.

Because their revolution is against the church and by being harbored in Faerghus, they are allying themselves with them... an enemy of my enemy is a friend.

Then she has no bussiness attacking. Simple as that. The Holy Kingdom doesn't want change, thus, she should keep her efforts to her country and nowhere else.

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#249
SC6 posted...

Knights of Seiros and the Kingdom's army are the strongest millitary forces in Fodlan.

The Empire didn't routinely lose to Faeghus because they felt like it.

Empire and Alliance were almost crushed by Almyra. Knights of Seiros is definitely a real threat

Then all the more the reason to fight inside their borders. They will have the geographic advantage and can use guerrila tactics against them. Also, that way, if the Holy Kingdom attacked, then they would have reason to retaliate against them as well.

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
1 week ago#250
DarkCaptain3 posted...
nobles who are either in league with the church

There are no Empire nobles in league with the Church. I'm not going to debate deeper anymore, but I am going to correct inaccuracies.
Spencer! Devon! Maria! LAWRENCE! NOOOOO!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Let's settle this: who do you support?
  • Topic Archived