• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Let's settle this: who do you support?

User Info: DarkCaptain3

DarkCaptain3
1 week ago#221
SC6 posted...
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
chughes724 posted...
If Edelgard wants change, she should keep those changes to her own country and leave the others out of it. Nobody asked for her stupid war.
The Church essentially controls the entire continent. If they’re not taken down, they’ll just suppress her reforms.

That would fine by me. At least that way, Edelgard would have a good reason to fight, since that would mean the church threw the first stone. It would still not excuse invading the other 2 nations however. If the church attacks, then only the church deserves to suffer retaliation.

Depending on interpretation. Rhea and the church threw the first stone against the Empire a long time ago when it backed Loog's violent rebellion and convinced/forced the empire to recognize Loog's independence. We're missing the actual reason for that war so who knows what really happened.

All we know is Church says it did it for peace and the Empire never got over it. The Kingdom with strong ties to the Church would then split the Empire further, forming the Leicester Alliance. The Alliance became a hot mess after their initial leader passed away and has since been in an endless internal feud for dominance.

When the Almyra invasion happened, only Alliance and Empire fought. The Kingdom and Church sat out. The Kingdom arguably with a stronger military than the Empire didn't assist with repelling the foreign invasion.

Also there's the hot mess that's House Rowe and Arianrhod lol
I'm pretty sure to the Empire, the church threw the first stone and they never got over it.

The irony in all this is the leader of the church has been the same person throughout modern Fodlan's 1100+ years of history.

Actually the empire did get over it, its really TOSITD who cause several incidents later and them having ties to all the power hungry nobles within the Empire. Within the Kingdom however the Church is more in power with some of the TOSITD having some roles but only enough to cause chaos.
"So... are you satisfied now?",
Zelkova______________Gamestop Manager, Known as the Queen of Darkness

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#222
chughes724 posted...
That would fine by me. At least that way, Edelgard would have a good reason to fight, since that would mean the church threw the first stone. It would still not excuse invading the other 2 nations however. If the church attacks, then only the church deserves to suffer retaliation.
She attacks the Kingdom because they’re very close with the Church, of course they’ll side together. As for the Alliance, I forget the reason she gives. Maybe she doesn’t trust Claude? I know she gives one in her route.

That's no excuse. If the holy kingdom didn't attack, then she should just stay out or be put out.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430

DarkCaptain3
1 week ago#223
chughes724 posted...
She attacks the Kingdom because they’re very close with the Church, of course they’ll side together. As for the Alliance, I forget the reason she gives. Maybe she doesn’t trust Claude? I know she gives one in her route.

That's no excuse. If the holy kingdom didn't attack, then she should just stay out or be put out.

She attacked because the Holy Kingdom harbored the Church.

User Info: Sandslashed

Sandslashed
1 week ago#224
SC6 posted...
None of that currently exist in Fodlan...

Border houses routinely fights with people outside their country. It's not peaceful.

TWSITD routinely f***s with all three countries.
They just completely destabilized the Kingdom.
Went to houses in the Alliance to experiment on kids.
f***ed Empire so hard the Emperor is just a puppet.
Alliance plots amongst themselves all the time.
It's not stable.

A lot of houses are on the verge of bankruptcy. Rampant banditry. So definitely not prosperous.

Exactly. The situation in Fodlan is not good.

Kingdom
-Tragedy of Duscur
-Genocide of Duscur people and the aftermath (Dedue's paralogue)
-Banditry (Sylvain's brother Miklan, Felix's paralogue, Sylvain's paralogue)
-Infiltrated by TWSITD (Cornelia)
-Western Church rebellion
-Lord Lonato Gaspard's rebellion

Alliance
-Almyran invasion (Edelgard's paralogue)
-Merchant assassinations (Raphael's parents)
-Skirmishes between rival lords that affect commoners (Raphael and Ignatz's paralogue, Lorenz's paralogue)
-Banditry (Leonie's backstory)
-Infiltrated by TSWITD (Tomas, Experimentation on House Ordelia's children)

Empire
-Insurrection of the Seven (Emperor effectively deposed)
-TSWITD controlled (The leader of TSWITD is the imperial regent)
-Crest Experiments (All royal children dead except Edelgard)
-Land most negatively affected by Crest System (Mercedes backstory, Bernadetta backstory, Hanneman supports, Edelgard herself)
-The empire having no Hero's Relic Weapons unlike the Kingdom and the Alliance may be the cause of this (before TSWITD makes Aymr for Edelgard).

Rhea's had more than 1000 years. She should be doing a better job.
3DS Friend Code: 2595 - 0912 - 2733

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#225
DarkCaptain3 posted...
chughes724 posted...

Then she has no bussiness attacking. The Holy kingdom doesn't want her change, so she should stick to her country and let the church come to them.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."

User Info: SC6

SC6
1 week ago#226
DarkCaptain3 posted...
SC6 posted...
chughes724 posted...
If Edelgard wants change, she should keep those changes to her own country and leave the others out of it. Nobody asked for her stupid war.
The Church essentially controls the entire continent. If they’re not taken down, they’ll just suppress her reforms.

Depending on interpretation. Rhea and the church threw the first stone against the Empire a long time ago when it backed Loog's violent rebellion and convinced/forced the empire to recognize Loog's independence. We're missing the actual reason for that war so who knows what really happened.

All we know is Church says it did it for peace and the Empire never got over it. The Kingdom with strong ties to the Church would then split the Empire further, forming the Leicester Alliance. The Alliance became a hot mess after their initial leader passed away and has since been in an endless internal feud for dominance.

When the Almyra invasion happened, only Alliance and Empire fought. The Kingdom and Church sat out. The Kingdom arguably with a stronger military than the Empire didn't assist with repelling the foreign invasion.

I'm pretty sure to the Empire, the church threw the first stone and they never got over it.

The irony in all this is the leader of the church has been the same person throughout modern Fodlan's 1100+ years of history.

Actually the empire did get over it, its really TOSITD who cause several incidents later and them having ties to all the power hungry nobles within the Empire. Within the Kingdom however the Church is more in power with some of the TOSITD having some roles but only enough to cause chaos.

Didn't the emperor lineage blame the church?

Also to weigh in on Hanneman. His research is accelerated by Byleth who has the crest of Flames. Also yes he succeeds in the end but his research was slow when he's already 51 and only sped up with Byleth. Without Alois meeting Jeralt in Remire, whether Byleth would ever come to the monastery is up in the air.

Hanneman's success 100% hinges on him sticking with Byleth, so I will say I don't think the war matters at all in this case. In fact it's probably the same for Sylvain. Sylvain meeting Byleth helps him come to the realization that he hates the crest system and needs to work to have that changed instead of flirt with women and act like an idiot; then just fall in line with the status quo when he's older.
PSN - NovaSol6(PS3/VITA), GreenTea_Sama(PS4)
3DS FC: 0533-5134-4439

DarkCaptain3
1 week ago#227
DarkCaptain3 posted...
chughes724 posted...

Then she has no bussiness attacking. The Holy kingdom doesn't want her change, so she should stick to her country and let the church come to them.

I don't think you get it, the church was using the Kingdom as a base of operation to attack back from. As such taking the Kingdom out was a very good strategical move because it was taking out the base of operation.

DarkCaptain3
1 week ago#228
SC6 posted...
DarkCaptain3 posted...
SC6 posted...
chughes724 posted...

Didn't the emperor lineage blame the church?

Also to weigh in on Hanneman. His research is accelerated by Byleth who has the crest of Flames. Also yes he succeeds in the end but his research was slow when he's already 51 and only sped up with Byleth. Without Alois meeting Jeralt in Remire, whether Byleth would ever come to the monastery is up in the air.

Hanneman's success 100% hinges on him sticking with Byleth, so I will say I don't think the war matters at all in this case. In fact it's probably the same for Sylvain. Sylvain meeting Byleth helps him come to the realization that he hates the crest system and needs to work to have that changed instead of flirt with women and act like an idiot; then just fall in line with the status quo when he's older.

I would state that Sylvain's thing is more hinged on the war starting to begin with and its cause being the crest system. Him being actually truly smart knew that the war was in fact being caused due to the fact that the crests were causing problems. He used the fact that the war occurred as a convincing point to others.

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#229
DarkCaptain3 posted...
DarkCaptain3 posted...
chughes724 posted...

I don't think you get it, the church was using the Kingdom as a base of operation to attack back from. As such taking the Kingdom out was a very good strategical move because it was taking out the base of operation.

Then Edelgard has no choice but to defend and exhaust their attacks.

DarkCaptain3
1 week ago#230
@Sandslashed Aymir isn't a Hero's Relic. Its a imitation one that lacks the true powers of all the others.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Let's settle this: who do you support?
  • Topic Archived