• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Let's settle this: who do you support?

User Info: do2222

do2222
1 week ago#21
"I must protect Edelgard"
FC: 3540-0419-0743

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
1 week ago#22
SwordsmanOrion posted...
I can't understand how anyone would support Edelgard unless they just want to f*** her.

1. The idea of toppling oppressive systems like the Church and the nobility are very appealing.
2. Instituting class reforms and creating merit based positions is a great idea.
3. She supports things like universal public education that allow the less fortunate to actually advance.
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
Bisexual and proud

User Info: UnovaBestGen

UnovaBestGen
1 week ago#23
f*** Edelgard
Uhh

User Info: Due_Air

Due_Air
1 week ago#24
Giving i'm now playing church route instead of Black eagle route so far, i'm leaning towatds Rhea for now.

User Info: SC6

SC6
1 week ago#25
SwordsmanOrion posted...
I can't understand how anyone would support Rhea unless they just want her lap pillow

FTFY
PSN - NovaSol6(PS3/VITA), GreenTea_Sama(PS4)
3DS FC: 0533-5134-4439

User Info: SC6

SC6
1 week ago#26
Due_Air posted...
Giving i'm now playing church route instead of Black eagle route so far, i'm leaning towatds Rhea for now.

the beauty of the plot changing based on who you side with. There's legitimacy to all sides, hence the story as a whole is not black and white like some people would claim
PSN - NovaSol6(PS3/VITA), GreenTea_Sama(PS4)
3DS FC: 0533-5134-4439

User Info: KariyaLollipop

KariyaLollipop
1 week ago#27
SwordsmanOrion posted...
I can't understand how anyone would support Edelgard unless they just want to f*** her.

Personally I just like her politics more than the others. Rhea wants to bring back mommy but is otherwise content to let the world do as it will, Dimitri wants a more peaceful version of the existing status quo, Claude wants a borderless world which seems nice but we're sorely lacking in context so it's hard to judge, which leaves Edelgard as the only one who explicitly wants to move the world forward through the dismantling of the old order and new policies like public education (still can't recall which support chain that was though). She seems to be the only one with a chance of leading Fodlan out of the perpetual medieval state FE worlds find themselves in, with all the benefits that confers.

Also I find the idea of the church to be more off-putting than I think the game was willing to explore. Like Rhea and Seteth have extreme longevity and have therefore presumably been leading the church directly or by proxies for its entire history. The concept of a nigh-immortal leadership preventing change so anyone disadvantaged by the current system is screwed now and for all time seems properly messed up.
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
1 week ago#28
This type of poll has been done many times by now. It settles nothing.
Memes
Mommy Rhea's lap is best lap.

User Info: Jena11

Jena11
1 week ago#29
I don't think they are bad. Both do questionable things, for sure, but in the end they wanted something that was more or less justified. This said, I prefer Rhea over Edelgard. Looking at Fódlan's past and the participation of TWSID (in general, not being Edelgard's allies) I can emphatize more with Rhea's situation and what she did to handle it than what happens with Edelgard.

Another reason (really unpopular) is that I don't like the way Edelgard is written.

User Info: FelurFalas

FelurFalas
1 week ago#30
BloodMoon7 posted...
This type of poll has been done many times by now. It settles nothing.
IKR? The results are too close to really matter.
Yorokobi No Ito Wa Canon Tsumugidasu
The Thread of Happiness is Weaved by a Canon
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Let's settle this: who do you support?
  • Topic Archived