• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Leonie's supports destroyed her as a character

User Info: SAND_JESUS

SAND_JESUS
4 weeks ago#41
Tluhdatsi posted...
I've barely started the game, and so far I do think Leonie is sort of a butthole.

"I'm a way better fighter than you, because I got to train with your dad. Not for very long, mind you, but he is the best there is, so, yeah. I'll kick your dick in!"

Uh, hey, b****? Yeah... you trained with "the best" for a brief time. I've been training with him pretty much all my life.

You are actually insulting him by saying that training under him for a short period makes you the equal of his own son. After all, you're saying all this extra time I've spent training with him, probably since I learned how to walk, means nothing. How could he be such a great trainer if that's the case?

Cause they’re a bunch of kids at school. Caspar and Lindhardt argue about who’s dad can whoop the other’s ass

User Info: Zeveria

Zeveria
4 weeks ago#42
So uhhh....I'm not understanding this first apprentice thing. Byleth started his mercenary career around age 10...and probably got trained before that. Would that not make him an apprentice? And Alois learned from Jeralt before Byleth was even born, so wouldn't he also be an apprentice? And even Alois was a replacement squire...
TP > OoT = MM > ST = SS = tWW > TFH > ALBW = PH > BOTW = MC > OoA > OoS > LA > FSA > FS > LoZ > AoL >>> aLttP

User Info: PrincessRosa

PrincessRosa
4 weeks ago#43
Dorothea's supports own, I don't know what everyone's whining about with her. Byleth, Bernie, Manuela, Edelgard are all super sweet. The support with Ingrid ends with Dorothea saying "damn girl if you were into it i'd tear your clothes off right now", if you'll excuse the paraphrasing, so that's pretty good.

Leonie's definitely a weird one, getting back to topic. I like her interactions with Shamir and Catherine- it's fun to see her well meaning but kinda bumbling attempts to improve her skills- but I don't understand why she's so prickly with Byleth in the support scenes when she otherwise considers it her duty to protect her.

Also, why the f*** does her b support unlock immediately after Jeralt dies when it's just her absolutely tearing me to bits? And then in that same month, if I talk to her in the monastery, she suddenly shows that she understands how I feel as though that conversation can't have happened seconds before.

User Info: Tluhdatsi

Tluhdatsi
4 weeks ago#44
SAND_JESUS posted...

Cause they’re a bunch of kids at school. Caspar and Lindhardt argue about who’s dad can whoop the other’s ass

It's not the same, though. "My dad can beat up your dad" is definitely something that can be debated when both the dads in question are renowned warriors.

"I trained with your own father for a few weeks, so I, not you, am the true heir of his legendary fighting ability" is... not debatable. It's objectively false, and an extremely arrogant claim to make.
With a thrill in my head and a pill on my tongue, dissolving the nerves has just begun.
Listening to Lionel, All Night Long, (all night), yeeeah, (all night)...

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
4 weeks ago#45
Tluhdatsi posted...
I've barely started the game, and so far I do think Leonie is sort of a butthole.

"I'm a way better fighter than you, because I got to train with your dad. Not for very long, mind you, but he is the best there is, so, yeah. I'll kick your dick in!"

Uh, hey, b****? Yeah... you trained with "the best" for a brief time. I've been training with him pretty much all my life.

You are actually insulting him by saying that training under him for a short period makes you the equal of his own son. After all, you're saying all this extra time I've spent training with him, probably since I learned how to walk, means nothing. How could he be such a great trainer if that's the case?

you're a good example of not understanding the context of the interaction
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: Tluhdatsi

Tluhdatsi
4 weeks ago#46
Hayas***akara posted...

you're a good example of not understanding the context of the interaction

There's... no context to be understood. It's the first thing she ever says to you.
With a thrill in my head and a pill on my tongue, dissolving the nerves has just begun.
Listening to Lionel, All Night Long, (all night), yeeeah, (all night)...

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
4 weeks ago#47
Hayas***akara posted...
On a side note, Dorothea has one good support and 99% of her other supports are utter garbage, but she doesn't get s*** on.

You like saying wrong things, don't you.
Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck!

User Info: SAND_JESUS

SAND_JESUS
4 weeks ago#48
Tluhdatsi posted...
SAND_JESUS posted...

It's not the same, though. "My dad can beat up your dad" is definitely something that can be debated when both the dads in question are renowned warriors.

"I trained with your own father for a few weeks, so I, not you, am the true heir of his legendary fighting ability" is... not debatable. It's objectively false, and an extremely arrogant claim to make.

Did you pop out the womb and immediately try acting like you were 40 years old? It’s just kids being competitive over some bulls***.

User Info: Ertrick36

Ertrick36
4 weeks ago#49
I mean, I feel like her B-support wasn't meant to unlock when it did, but she's still a dick to Byleth in the same fashion that Hana was a dick to Corrin.

Like, yeah, Byleth doesn't have the utmost appreciation for Jeralt. In all honesty, with the way Jeralt was, he simply wouldn't have fostered that much love in a child all on his own. And that's just the way it is with some families. And I definitely don't think Byleth needs a reason to appreciate Jeralt's reputation as a renowned merc, especially when Byleth doesn't even know of or appreciate their own reputation as the "Ashen Demon". I mean, if I had a single father who dedicated most of his time to mercenary life, I don't think I'd have a great deal of admiration for the way he raised me.

I'm fine with her other supports, but I don't really like the relationship she has with Byleth. Leonie being jealous of Byleth having Jeralt as their father is like being jealous about someone having Kanye West as a history teacher. Yeah they're famous, but the role they play in the respective recipients' lives isn't something they're particularly good at.
<<Puis la determination la plus forte gagne.>>

User Info: Nabiki_Tendo

Nabiki_Tendo
4 weeks ago#50
Your_Master posted...
Hayas***akara posted...
ArtiRock posted...
Hayas***akara posted...
On a side note, Dorothea has one good support and 99% of her other supports are utter garbage, but she doesn't get s*** on.

She had plenty of good supports. Both do.

>Dorothea
>Plenty of good supports

pick one.

Yeah Dorothea is grossly overrated.

just like dimitri and felix
Switch FC: SW-6234-9750-4519
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Leonie's supports destroyed her as a character
  • Topic Archived