• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. So are we supposed to believe that Dimitri... *spoilers*

User Info: TwerpKnight

TwerpKnight
1 week ago#21
an interesting observation about Dimitri

I'm not sure how not having a beard is that interesting of an observation.
When playable Anna in Three Houses?
I'm glad the Switch is finally getting a good Xenoblade game with Xenoblade Definitive Edition.

User Info: losst4ever

losst4ever
1 week ago#22
Ein posted...
losst4ever posted...
Again you ignore that children soldiers are proven to be used and how likely it is everyone has killed a child in this game at some point. Dimitri, Edelgard, and Catherine literally have done so or say they have done so. Cyril, Lysithea, Flayn, and Fleche are proof of children soldiers.

Yet the idea of Dimitri killing children is blown up as a case and point by some, why?

Why do you keep attacking other characters to make Dimitri look better?

Still avoiding the point made cause you know you can't argue against it. So you instead continue to push the subject away and onto something else.

User Info: aikamatsunaga

aikamatsunaga
1 week ago#23
Ein posted...
The point is I think he is a sociopath rather than a psychopath. If you look at an article like this you can see he matches the profile closely:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/wicked-deeds/201801/the-differences-between-psychopaths-and-sociopaths

Matches his fits of rage and outbursts.

He is emotionally attached to a particular individual (Edelgard, his world basically revolves around her).

Matches the haphazard and spontaneous pattern of his murders during the timeskip.

And... Did you just ignore the possibility of schizophrenia? Or is it no one can see my posts?
For King Dimitri and Country!

User Info: losst4ever

losst4ever
1 week ago#24
aikamatsunaga posted...
Ein posted...
The point is I think he is a sociopath rather than a psychopath. If you look at an article like this you can see he matches the profile closely:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/wicked-deeds/201801/the-differences-between-psychopaths-and-sociopaths

Matches his fits of rage and outbursts.

He is emotionally attached to a particular individual (Edelgard, his world basically revolves around her).

Matches the haphazard and spontaneous pattern of his murders during the timeskip.

And... Did you just ignore the possibility of schizophrenia? Or is it no one can see my posts?

Nah, they're just plugging their ears to anything that threatens their theory. It's just a hater thread.

User Info: aikamatsunaga

aikamatsunaga
1 week ago#25
losst4ever posted...
Nah, they're just plugging their ears to anything that threatens their theory. It's just a hater thread.

losst4ever posted...

Oh well... If that's the case, then he's acting like a child
For King Dimitri and Country!

User Info: holyknight14

holyknight14
1 week ago#26
Same reason why Byleth randomly "fell asleep" for 5 years.

"IDK"

User Info: rukn

rukn
1 week ago#27
Ein your interpretation just destroys everything the BL route was about. And this is coming from someone who sees Dimitri as a sympathetic villain. It’s just too cynical to say that Dimitri is really just play acting to hide his murders. He was screwed up from childhood and he has real issues. Also the blue lions were pretty unconditionally loyal to him so I doubt that Dimitri needed to play dumb in front of them.

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#28
Ein posted...
losst4ever posted...
Not sure if it is in his supports with Byleth, but he teaches kids how to fight. Those kids apparently grew up a bit during the time skip and attempted to murder him and he killed them in self defense cause they were related to bandits you and your team had killed at some point. I think that's where that all stems from.

Nope, the line about killing children is from a completely different scene (after retaking the capital):
https://imgur.com/RBYWjqh

There's no indication it was self-defence.

If it was after retaking the capital, then it was definetely in self defence, since that's when he's more sane. You don't need indication when you realize why Dimitri killed those people, because they were supporting Edelgard. Revenge or not, fact is, anyone who is riding along with Edelgard's madness, doesn't deserve to live. Also, do realize that Dimitri is an adult himself, meaning that anyone below 18 would be seen as a child.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430

User Info: Ein

Ein
1 week ago#29
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
If it was after retaking the capital, then it was definetely in self defence, since that's when he's more sane. You don't need indication when you realize why Dimitri killed those people, because they were supporting Edelgard. Revenge or not, fact is, anyone who is riding along with Edelgard's madness, doesn't deserve to live. Also, do realize that Dimitri is an adult himself, meaning that anyone below 18 would be seen as a child.

He's reminiscing about his sins in the past.

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#30
Ein posted...
DiogoShadowJorg posted...

He's reminiscing about his sins in the past.

Yes, and one of those so called "sins", involves killing children who tried to kill him. Dimitri is being a bleeding heart as usual, so that's nothing new.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. So are we supposed to believe that Dimitri... *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived