• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. So are we supposed to believe that Dimitri... *spoilers*

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
4 days ago#121
Reminds me of Jena from Astral Chain who has an understandably disheveled and dirty appearance, except for her PERFECT PURPLE LIPSTICK.

User Info: SC6

SC6
4 days ago#122
Ninjaed posted...
Yeah, Rhea has communication and trust issues. Still, I've provided counter-examples and you a few examples so let's see...

About Lonato's son, he was executing for an assassination plot on Rhea's life. Publicly, they said it was becaus ehe was related to the Tragedy of Duscur. Since TWSITD have proven they can infiltrate even the Church, it's possible they gave fake reports and whatnot too. At any rate, it turns out it's not a proof of the Church's oppression.

Catherine, aka Cassandra Rubens Charon, was a suspect but it's never expanded upon. Depsite her criminal status, she was granted refuge. Lonato's son Christophe was her beloved (IIRC) but she decided that he should be brought to justice (implying there's sufficient incriminating evidence for her to even consider this).

Pretty sure Christophe was only accused of killing Lambert during Duscar. Possibly involved in the rebellion against the crown that followed as well. In either case, it had nothing to do with the church. Rodrigue and Dimitri should've been the ones to prosecute Christophe.

And in any case, I don't think Rhea is evil. I just don't think she should stay in her position.

and all this is a tangent from Dimitri who I think is pretty good in the first half and too psychotic for my liking around time skip and prior to becoming King.
PSN - NovaSol6(PS3/VITA), GreenTea_Sama(PS4)
3DS FC: 0533-5134-4439

SC6
4 days ago#123
Ninjaed posted...
The one thing I can't find any explanation for is the Agarthan technology. How on earth do they have access to automated magic turrets, doors and guided missiles? As well as perfect disguises, teleportation, artificial dragon hearts, resuscitation/revival casket (or whatever it's supposed to be)...

the dragons helped them. I mean Sothis can freeze and rewind time

User Info: Ninjaed

Ninjaed
4 days ago#124
SC6 posted...
Ninjaed posted...
Yeah, Rhea has communication and trust issues. Still, I've provided counter-examples and you a few examples so let's see...

About Lonato's son, he was executing for an assassination plot on Rhea's life. Publicly, they said it was becaus ehe was related to the Tragedy of Duscur. Since TWSITD have proven they can infiltrate even the Church, it's possible they gave fake reports and whatnot too. At any rate, it turns out it's not a proof of the Church's oppression.

Catherine, aka Cassandra Rubens Charon, was a suspect but it's never expanded upon. Depsite her criminal status, she was granted refuge. Lonato's son Christophe was her beloved (IIRC) but she decided that he should be brought to justice (implying there's sufficient incriminating evidence for her to even consider this).

Pretty sure Christophe was only accused of killing Lambert during Duscar. Possibly involved in the rebellion against the crown that followed as well. In either case, it had nothing to do with the church. Rodrigue and Dimitri should've been the ones to prosecute Christophe.

And in any case, I don't think Rhea is evil. I just don't think she should stay in her position.

and all this is a tangent from Dimitri who I think is pretty good in the first half and too psychotic for my liking around time skip and prior to becoming King.

https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Christophe

In Imperial Year 1176, Christophe was implicated as one of several Kingdom nobles who conspired with the people of Duscur to assassinate King Lambert. Amid the political chaos that followed the Tragedy of Duscur, Christophe was captured by Catherine and turned over to the Knights of Seiros for execution for his apparent role. However, it is later revealed that his charge of involvement at a Duscur was a lie. In actuality, he was targeted for planning to assassinate Archbishop Rhea. The circumstances of his charge were relegated just to the Duscur incident in order to hide such an attempt on Rhea’s life. In any case, his death had a profound effect on his father; Lonato turned against the Church of Seiros and began plotting a rebellion.

I'll have to agree Rhea shouldn't stay archbishop. She herself knows this. She'd make a good advisor, teacher, instructor, etc... but as an archbishop, she's forcing herself into a role she can't do properly.
#BringGoldenSunBack
We love the series for a reason, give it a try :)
(edited 4 days ago)

SC6
4 days ago#125
@Ninjaed
ROFL I stand corrected
also wtf, that's really not smart on Rhea and Catherine's part to hide this from Lonato...

but I guess Rhea and Catherine are not that smart anyways

User Info: Ninjaed

Ninjaed
4 days ago#126
Yeah, Catherine stopped thinking and just does what Rhea wants her to do. As for Rhea, she's trying to have people think they live in a perfect world, lying a bit too much... so much so Claude starts the game already having doubts about her. Definitely not archbishop material!
#BringGoldenSunBack
We love the series for a reason, give it a try :)

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
4 days ago#127
I don't exactly get why they would lie about this.

Okay, sure, plotting to assassinate the archbishop is bad and would look bad.

But how in the holy hell would the trageyd of Duscur be better to frame him for? The murder of a king and several knights etc?

SC6
4 days ago#128
MechaFlo posted...
I don't exactly get why they would lie about this.

Okay, sure, plotting to assassinate the archbishop is bad and would look bad.

But how in the holy hell would the trageyd of Duscur be better to frame him for? The murder of a king and several knights etc?

also it's really weird to frame him for Duscar and not have Dimitri or Rodrigue hand out the sentence. Dimitri slaughtered everyone in the rebellion after all. There's no reason to believe he wouldn't call for Christophe's execution anyways

I don't think Lonato ever denounced the Kingdom as a result of this so I don't know why Rhea needed to do this in such a roundabout way other than she just wanted to personally hand out the execution like with the Western church Bishop

User Info: Sandslashed

Sandslashed
4 days ago#129
SC6 posted...
also it's really weird to frame him for Duscar and not have Dimitri or Rodrigue hand out the sentence. Dimitri slaughtered everyone in the rebellion after all. There's no reason to believe he wouldn't call for Christophe's execution anyways

I don't think Lonato ever denounced the Kingdom as a result of this so I don't know why Rhea needed to do this in such a roundabout way other than she just wanted to personally hand out the execution like with the Western church Bishop

Perhaps if other nobles learned that Lord Lonato’s son tried to assassinate Rhea, they’d investigate and discover things the Church does not want discovered.
3DS Friend Code: 2595 - 0912 - 2733

SC6
4 days ago#130
Sandslashed posted...
SC6 posted...

Perhaps if other nobles learned that Lord Lonato’s son tried to assassinate Rhea, they’d investigate and discover things the Church does not want discovered.

20/20 hindsight. But tyrannical problem solving led to people like Claude researching on their own anyways.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. So are we supposed to believe that Dimitri... *spoilers*
  • Post New Message