• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. So are we supposed to believe that Dimitri... *spoilers*

User Info: aikamatsunaga

aikamatsunaga
1 week ago#101
SC6 posted...
cool, then I guess Edelgard's justified in her rebellion and everyone else is evil.

glad to know I'll soon be able to join the righteous and smite evil
The problem is.... Edelgard is the government. She is the Empress.
For King Dimitri and Country!

User Info: SC6

SC6
1 week ago#102
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
SC6 posted...
What majority? If it's the majority, then that means that the government threw the first stone, thus justifying a revolution. Since no proper government would allow most of the population to suffer to protect a few.

cool, then I guess Edelgard's justified in her rebellion and everyone else is evil.

No, she isn't. The majority aren't suffering, and which governement is at fault in the first place? Since the church doesn't hold that kind of power.

If you side with Edelgard, you are in the wrong. Edelgard means for change are wrong.

If he wanted change, she should have done so in her own country and leave the others out of it.

Rhea split the Empire she founded into 3 pieces where one piece is absolutely loyal to her and formed the other piece to keep Fodlan in an internal power struggle.

Locked Fodlan from the outside world and started an expensive private school to continue to influence future leaders.

Annual reminder that the three countries are divided and should battle with each other.

Slaughters bandits and anyone who openly disagrees with her.

She can leave or die
PSN - NovaSol6(PS3/VITA), GreenTea_Sama(PS4)
3DS FC: 0533-5134-4439

User Info: wheatleyscience

wheatleyscience
1 week ago#103
SC6 posted...
Rhea split the Empire she founded into 3 pieces where one piece is absolutely loyal to her and formed the other piece to keep Fodlan in an internal power struggle.

Locked Fodlan from the outside world and started an expensive private school to continue to influence future leaders.

Annual reminder that the three countries are divided and should battle with each other.

She can leave or die
Paints a pretty bleak picture when you point it out like this.

Listen I like Rhea, but she did do these things to some extent at the least. I know there is a point of contention here regarding what her intent was with these actions and how much influence the church has, but alot of these things are there and are problems.

But people would deny that too i guess, or have some other take
Edeleth is love in its' purest form.
Rhea is love at its' hottest.

User Info: SC6

SC6
1 week ago#104
wheatleyscience posted...
SC6 posted...

She can leave or die
Paints a pretty bleak picture when you point it out like this.

Listen I like Rhea, but she did do these things to some extent at the least. I know there is a point of contention here regarding what her intent was with these actions and how much influence the church has, but alot of these things are there and are problems.

But people would deny that too i guess, or have some other take

since we're never given the full picture, it's easy to interpret in either way.

my take away is every time the Church intervenes in armed conflicts, it's a way to convince the country to make social reforms. But instead the Church opted to divide and segregate. I started thinking this way thanks to how Rhea acts pre time skip

At best it's the Rhea not knowing better, at worst it's Rhea wanting to stay in power
PSN - NovaSol6(PS3/VITA), GreenTea_Sama(PS4)
3DS FC: 0533-5134-4439

wheatleyscience
1 week ago#105
SC6 posted...

my take away is every time the Church intervenes in armed conflicts, it's a way to convince the country to make social reforms. But instead the Church opted to divide and segregate. I started thinking this way thanks to how Rhea acts pre time skip

At best it's the Rhea not knowing better, at worst it's Rhea wanting to stay in power
If her intent is to resurrect sothis and have her run everything like in the good ol days, then her staying in power until then is a pretty accurate conclusion

User Info: INeedFood

INeedFood
1 week ago#106
wheatleyscience posted...
SC6 posted...

If her intent is to resurrect sothis and have her run everything like in the good ol days, then her staying in power until then is a pretty accurate conclusion

They don't really intervene in large conflicts until after the war has finished. Loog already won the battle when they decided to barter with him - recognition of Faerghus in exchange for being Faerghus's religion. Something that's very odd because technically, they won against the Empire, they shouldn't need anyone's permission to exist or be recognized.

There are no records of the church and the Empire having rocky relations during this time, there shouldn't have been any reason for them to acknowledge those who openly rebelled against the empire which Rhea herself helped establish and would've also defaced the church from the empire's viewpoint. Not to mention these are the people who are direct descendants of those who sided with Nemesis. If you notice, with the exemption of Mercedes's house(not Bartels, the one that fell before the start of the game.) all the other relics belong to the Alliance and the Holy Kingdom.

Worth noting as well that after the Alliance's rebellion and founding, Almyra tried to conquer Fodlan. There is no mention of the church helping out nor Faerghus. I was initially under the impression that the entirety of Fodlan helped drive them off, but apparently it was only the empire who sent troops to help defeat them and they barely managed. In this case, it would make sense for the church not to help because the Alliance rebelled against Faerghus, their closest ally.

Basically, the empire constantly gets told to "suck it up" whenever part of them decides to rebel but then becomes the one to help out when needed.

wheatleyscience
1 week ago#107
INeedFood posted...
They don't really intervene in large conflicts until after the war has finished. Loog already won the battle when they decided to barter with him - recognition of the Faerghus in exchange for being Faerghus's religion. Something that's very odd because technically, they won against the Empire, they shouldn't need anyone's permission to exist or be recognized.

There are no records of the church and the Empire having rocky relations during this time, there shouldn't have been any reason for them to acknowledge those who openly rebelled against the empire which Rhea herself helped establish and would've also defaced the church from the empire's viewpoint. Not to mention these are the people who are direct descendants of those who sided with Nemesis. If you notice, with the exemption of Mercedes's house(not Bartels, the one that fell before the start of the game.) all the other relics belong to the Alliance and the Holy Kingdom.

Worth noting as well that after the Alliance's rebellion and founding, Almyra tried to conquer Fodlan. There is no mention of the church helping out nor Faerghus. I was initially under the impression that the entirety of Fodlan helped drive them off, but apparently it was only the empire who sent troops to help defeat them and they barely managed. In this case, it would make sense for the church not to help because the Alliance rebelled against Faerghus, their closest ally.

Basically, the empire constantly gets told to "suck it up" whenever part of them decides to rebel but then becomes the one to help out when needed.
Poor Adrestia :(

User Info: Esper69

Esper69
1 week ago#108
SC6 posted...
SC6 posted...
What majority? If it's the majority, then that means that the government threw the first stone, thus justifying a revolution. Since no proper government would allow most of the population to suffer to protect a few.

No, she isn't. The majority aren't suffering, and which governement is at fault in the first place? Since the church doesn't hold that kind of power.

If you side with Edelgard, you are in the wrong. Edelgard means for change are wrong.

If he wanted change, she should have done so in her own country and leave the others out of it.

She can leave or die

Wow just wow. Empire split to 3 isnt rhea fault. Its just edelgard's BS propaganda. The kingdom wants autonomy from the empire and the church act as the mediator who grant it. Bandits are suppose to be slaughter lmao.

User Info: Ninjaed

Ninjaed
1 week ago#109
SC6 posted...

Seiros helped found the Empire, then waged war together with them in order to unite all of Fodlan. While the war itself lasted 60-ish years, Nemesis had already been active for much longer. Skirmishes, banditry, theft and more were rampant, which Seiros helped combat in the Empire before winning the war.

The Kingdom broke off the Empire 650-ish years later and fought for independance. The Church acted as a mediator at the end of the war to cease hostilities and have the winner of the conflict - the Kingdom - have its rights acknowledged.

As for the Alliance, they rebelled against the Empire 50-ish years later. The Kingdom then annexed them and put a prince to rule over them. When he died, they rejected the heir and branched off the Kingdom. The Church had no influence over these events whatsoever.

Garreg Mach Monastery was founded 100 years after the end of the war against Nemesis. Its primary purpose was to hide the existence of the Holy Tomb and protect it, as it not only contained the "remains" of Sothis, it also served as an anti-missile defence system as well as a graveyard for dragonkind.

Its apparent purpose was to train and educate children of imperial nobles by an independant 3rd party. It did have a hidden purpose in teaching them to worship the Goddess and ascertain her words be respected in preparation for her rebirth - as the last time she died and humans fended for themselves, things didn't turn out quite alright (more than a century of utter chaos and war).

Annual reminder war is bad and kills people. We have the same in our real world, with commemorations for the First World War for instance.

Because banditry is good? What?

Jeralt, Seteth, Shamir, Catherine, Cyril and many more have expressed disagreement or acknowledged their lack of faith. Yet they still live. The Church was attacked by Lonato (assassination plot) and the Western Church, retaliated in response - which is what any leader worse their salt would've done as diplomacy was already out of the question. In fact, she hinted in her supports discomfort over having to act cold-hearted like this, but is forced to due to her duty as a leader. Your point?

The one thing I didn't like at all was when she was interrogating the Western Church dudes, she didn't let them tell their side of the story despite them trying to state they'd been duped. By whom? For what reasons? What had they been told? We may never know... and the writers know that damn well. They basically forced Rhea to hold the Idiot Ball in one hand and the Villain Ball in the other there so that players don't learn too much about what's going on behind the scenes. In short, plot convenience. I hate that.

She can leave or die

Or she can fight alongside humankind to more than a hundred years, free them from a rule of chaos, warfare, terror and oppression, lead them toward a path of peace and prosperity that lasted for over 600 years before TWSITD finally managed to influence things to trigger conflict once more.
#BringGoldenSunBack
We love the series for a reason, give it a try :)

User Info: Ninjaed

Ninjaed
1 week ago#110
For the part where I say she expressed discomfort over having to be cold-hearted as an archbishop:
"In order to rise to the role of archbishop, one must maintain an unbiased approach to judgement. It oft requires a certain sternness of words and actions. However... I believe that the person who stands before you now is no longer frightening. At least...that is my hope."

And as a bonus, she knows she's made some mistakes, is remorseful... :
"I am not qualified to continue leading the people... Though my intention was to keep the peace in Fódlan, I still propagated a false history and deceived my faithful followers. I also took advantage of my position as archbishop to further my own selfish goal of seeing my mother again. If my foolish actions had anything to do with the war, I- "

... and borderline considering suicide or removing herself from society:
"I wonder... After all I have done...is it truly acceptable for me to go on living my life?"

Edit: I realised I never provided an answer about how she locked Fodlan from the outside world. Interactions are indeed scarce. My guess is that she wanted to avoid wars to unify Fodlan and its neighbours. Or more likely, she wanted Sothis to make this decision, as she only ever sees herself as a mere proxy.
#BringGoldenSunBack
We love the series for a reason, give it a try :)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. So are we supposed to believe that Dimitri... *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived