• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. So are we supposed to believe that Dimitri... *spoilers*

User Info: LittleShani

LittleShani
1 week ago#11
Dimitri just doesn’t have enough testosterone to grow a beard.
I am the official hoe over there.

User Info: losst4ever

losst4ever
1 week ago#12
Ein posted...
losst4ever posted...
Egh, but there is a line where he literally explains a time he murdered youths which was self defense. It could easily be the same one. He makes it pretty clear he was killing Imperial Soldiers and Bandits. Brutally, but he never seemed to indicate harm towards innocents.

I've debunked this numerous times already, please stop spreading misinformation. The line about killing children does not refer to the same event for two reasons:

1. The attack by the kids raised by bandits is in Byleth's A support, which depending on your playthrough could happen chronologically after the Fhirdiad scene, or not at all

2. He didn't even kill the kids that time, he captured them:
https://imgur.com/fdl7r1S

Thus, the Fhirdiad scene where he admits to killing children refers to a different incident, most likely his murder spree during the timeskip.

Or you do realize it could also relate to the Duscar slaughter as well? Even guilt over not being able to save the kids there. You know, how people get PTSD about people they couldn't save and feel the blood is on their hands? I'm still unsure on how it went down, Felix indicates he killed people. But Dimitri spared Dedue and seems to show remorse over how much death was caused in Duscar and how he knew Duscar as a whole wasn't to blame. Since he was young at the time and not the head of the Kingdom, I'm kind of unsure on him going on a killing fest back then.

I really don't get how you think bringing up possible things Dimitri could of done when he was off the deep end helps Edelgard's case out even a tiny bit as her crimes are obvious and much, much more wider scaled with her in a more stable mind.

User Info: JCoconut

JCoconut
1 week ago#13
TwerpKnight posted...
Animoo boi toys don't grow beards until they're dads.

User Info: Ein

Ein
1 week ago#14
aikamatsunaga posted...
Dimitri obviously has schizophrenia and PTSD. Just because one has one kind of mental impairment, that does not mean he is not capable of entering in a lucid state. Have you seen a Kleptomaniac? That person may look normal but will have a psychologically impairing impulse to steal. Schizophrenia? The victim can still have a sense of right and wrong but he or she would go into hallucinations and his/her senses go warped even to the point of seeing humans as demons and such.

The point is I think he is a sociopath rather than a psychopath. If you look at an article like this you can see he matches the profile closely:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/wicked-deeds/201801/the-differences-between-psychopaths-and-sociopaths

Sociopaths tend to be nervous and easily agitated. They are volatile and prone to emotional outbursts, including fits of rage.

Matches his fits of rage and outbursts.

Many sociopaths are able to form an attachment to a particular individual or group, although they have no regard for society or its rules in general. Therefore, the meaningful attachments of any sociopath will be few in number and limited in scope. As a rule, they will struggle with relationships.

He is emotionally attached to a particular individual (Edelgard, his world basically revolves around her).

In the eyes of others, sociopaths will generally appear to be disturbed or erratic. Any crimes they commit, including murder, will tend to be haphazard and spontaneous rather than planned. Because of their seemingly erratic behavior, sociopaths are easier for both professionals and nonprofessionals to identify than are psychopaths.

Matches the haphazard and spontaneous pattern of his murders during the timeskip.

User Info: PlasticFrog

PlasticFrog
1 week ago#15
Maybe he’s talking about child soldiers? Fleche was obviously a child and Felix was a part of the army putting down rebellions after the tragedy of duscur when he was only 14. Child soldiers is obviously a thing in the game. Even Lysithea was a child soldier when the war started (she was 15!)

Ein
1 week ago#16
losst4ever posted...
I really don't get how you think bringing up possible things Dimitri could of done when he was off the deep end helps Edelgard's case out even a tiny bit as her crimes are obvious and much, much more wider scaled with her in a more stable mind.

What does Edelgard have to do with this? I'm just discussing Dimitri's character. Do I have to point out the irony of you using whataboutism and bringing up killing bandits in every route to defend Dimitri after posting this?

losst4ever posted...
One of those cases of "my waifu is trash" so the logical approach is to attack a different waifu or husbando to make mine look better.

losst4ever
1 week ago#17
Ein posted...
losst4ever posted...

What does Edelgard have to do with this? I'm just discussing Dimitri's character. Do I have to point out the irony of you using whataboutism and bringing up killing bandits in every route to defend Dimitri after posting this?

losst4ever posted...
One of those cases of "my waifu is trash" so the logical approach is to attack a different waifu or husbando to make mine look better.

Cause I know from other posts that you're a massive Edelgard fan? It basically is why you made this thread, to insult a rival character cause your character is often viewed as evil. Mud slinging basically. You cherry pick parts of people's posts that you can use and ignore the rest.

There are multiple child soldiers on YOUR team. There's every reason to believe every character has killed a child except MAYBE a few like Caspar or Manuela/Mercedes/Lin/Marianne. Caspar having supports to indicate he has huge issues with the idea of hurting children and Manuela/Mercedes/Etc for being more medic than warrior.

Ein
1 week ago#18
losst4ever posted...
Cause I know from other posts that you're a massive Edelgard fan? It basically is why you made this thread, to insult a rival character cause your character is often viewed as evil. Mud slinging basically. You cherry pick parts of people's posts that you can use and ignore the rest.

I think you are just projecting. I made this topic because I wanted to discuss an interesting observation about Dimitri, and the first reply was you mudslinging and attacking Edelgard (who I never even mentioned in the first post).

losst4ever
1 week ago#19
Ein posted...
losst4ever posted...

I think you are just projecting. I made this topic because I wanted to discuss an interesting observation about Dimitri, and the first reply was you mudslinging and attacking Edelgard (who I never even mentioned in the first post).

Again you ignore that children soldiers are proven to be used and how likely it is everyone has killed a child in this game at some point. Dimitri, Edelgard, and Catherine literally have done so or say they have done so. Cyril, Lysithea, Flayn, and Fleche are proof of children soldiers.

Yet the idea of Dimitri killing children is blown up as a case and point by some, why?

Ein
1 week ago#20
losst4ever posted...
Again you ignore that children soldiers are proven to be used and how likely it is everyone has killed a child in this game at some point. Dimitri, Edelgard, and Catherine literally have done so or say they have done so. Cyril, Lysithea, Flayn, and Fleche are proof of children soldiers.

Yet the idea of Dimitri killing children is blown up as a case and point by some, why?

Why do you keep attacking other characters to make Dimitri look better?
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. So are we supposed to believe that Dimitri... *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived