• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. So are we supposed to believe that Dimitri... *spoilers*

User Info: Ein

Ein
6 days ago#1
So are we supposed to believe that Dimitri went insane and spent 5 years on the run, murdering soldiers and innocent children alike, growing his noodle hair out into an unkempt mess, and yet he still found the wits and wherewithal to maintain a perfectly shaven beard? Here's what he should have looked like:

https://i.imgur.com/1vwl4rl.png

I think this is a major clue that Dimitri's "insanity" is all just an act. He was in full control of himself when he murdered those children, but he pretends to be insane so that his subjects and friends don't blame him for anything he did during the 5 years. It would explain why his Heel-Face turn is so sudden and unconvincing - he isn't really snapping out of anything, just putting on a new fake personality.

User Info: losst4ever

losst4ever
6 days ago#2
You really give Edelgard fans a bad image. One of those cases of "my waifu is trash" so the logical approach is to attack a different waifu or husbando to make mine look better.

User Info: NightCats

NightCats
6 days ago#3
Whats this about children?
FC 4313 4223 4227

losst4ever
6 days ago#4
NightCats posted...
Whats this about children?

Not sure if it is in his supports with Byleth, but he teaches kids how to fight. Those kids apparently grew up a bit during the time skip and attempted to murder him and he killed them in self defense cause they were related to bandits you and your team had killed at some point. I think that's where that all stems from.

But let's face it. Edelgard allied with people who turned a village into murderous nutcases so children were murdered by their parents or watched their parents go nuts and kill others and are now orphans. Or that her war forced her people into the military through over taxing the villagers and forcing them into the war. A war where she and her allies turned people into monsters for the upper hand.

Edelgard fans gloss over all of that.

And let's not pretend ANYONE is innocent. It's basically indicated the bandits you kill at the reunion are villagers/students who had nowhere to go after the collapse of the village and church. They are likely young. And even Lonato's army seem to indicate villagers of all ages were being killed with how awful it was made out to be.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: aikamatsunaga

aikamatsunaga
6 days ago#5
Ein posted...
So are we supposed to believe that Dimitri went insane and spent 5 years on the run, murdering soldiers and innocent children alike, growing his noodle hair out into an unkempt mess, and yet he still found the wits and wherewithal to maintain a perfectly shaven beard? Here's what he should have looked like:

I think this is a major clue that Dimitri's "insanity" is all just an act. He was in full control of himself when he murdered those children, but he pretends to be insane so that his subjects and friends don't blame him for anything he did during the 5 years. It would explain why his Heel-Face turn is so sudden and unconvincing - he isn't really snapping out of anything, just putting on a new fake personality.

So, your point is....?
For King Dimitri and Country!

Ein
6 days ago#6
losst4ever posted...
Not sure if it is in his supports with Byleth, but he teaches kids how to fight. Those kids apparently grew up a bit during the time skip and attempted to murder him and he killed them in self defense cause they were related to bandits you and your team had killed at some point. I think that's where that all stems from.

Nope, the line about killing children is from a completely different scene (after retaking the capital):
https://imgur.com/RBYWjqh

There's no indication it was self-defence.

User Info: TwerpKnight

TwerpKnight
6 days ago#7
Animoo boi toys don't grow beards until they're dads.
When playable Anna in Three Houses?
I'm glad the Switch is finally getting a good Xenoblade game with Xenoblade Definitive Edition.

losst4ever
6 days ago#8
Ein posted...
losst4ever posted...

Nope, the line about killing children is from a completely different scene (after retaking the capital):
https://imgur.com/RBYWjqh

There's no indication it was self-defence.

Egh, but there is a line where he literally explains a time he murdered youths which was self defense. It could easily be the same one. He makes it pretty clear he was killing Imperial Soldiers and Bandits. Brutally, but he never seemed to indicate harm towards innocents.

And to remind you, Bandits are something all 4 routes murder right and left that come in every age. I mean you can deploy Cyril, Lysithea, and Flayn (since you're supposed to think she is young) into life and death battles daily. I'm pretty sure bandits and the other side are also throwing youngsters around.

And to remind you, war causes all types of causalities from all different ways. Turning them into horrible monster abominations is one such way. Another is forcing them into a war they didn't want to fight, leading to broken families. Or killing a messenger in cold blood.

User Info: aikamatsunaga

aikamatsunaga
6 days ago#9
Ein posted...

Dimitri obviously has schizophrenia and PTSD. Just because one has one kind of mental impairment, that does not mean he is not capable of entering in a lucid state. Have you seen a Kleptomaniac? That person may look normal but will have a psychologically impairing impulse to steal. Schizophrenia? The victim can still have a sense of right and wrong but he or she would go into hallucinations and his/her senses go warped even to the point of seeing humans as demons and such.
For King Dimitri and Country!

Ein
6 days ago#10
losst4ever posted...
Egh, but there is a line where he literally explains a time he murdered youths which was self defense. It could easily be the same one. He makes it pretty clear he was killing Imperial Soldiers and Bandits. Brutally, but he never seemed to indicate harm towards innocents.

I've debunked this numerous times already, please stop spreading misinformation. The line about killing children does not refer to the same event for two reasons:

1. The attack by the kids raised by bandits is in Byleth's A support, which depending on your playthrough could happen chronologically after the Fhirdiad scene, or not at all

2. He didn't even kill the kids that time, he captured them:
https://imgur.com/fdl7r1S

Thus, the Fhirdiad scene where he admits to killing children refers to a different incident, most likely his murder spree during the timeskip.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. So are we supposed to believe that Dimitri... *spoilers*
  • Post New Message