• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Complete Paralogue Reward and Timeframe List

User Info: MarkofWisdom

MarkofWisdom
1 week ago#161
I saw someone ask about the reinforcements in that map in another thread, I think some people suggested it could be turn based and/or someone getting in range of the group enemies to the right staircase-by the heal spot/little hut there

edit-in a different thread a while back I saw someone mention that Caspar gets exhaustive strike at A axe rank and that the most damage it could do was with a full durability Steel Axe+. They gave a suggestion that it could be useful to help Caspar KO the Death Knight in case you haven't been training him much/at all and just using the weekly skill bonus so that people not using Caspar on their main team can still attempt to get the Death Scythe. Something else of note about the Scythe is that it only weigh 6 and that it's repaired with Agarthium which is mainly from the desert worm monster auxiliary battle or from the titan monsters in Shambhala if you're on the Church/Golden Deer path
3DS FC-1564-2439-6230
Switch: SW-0109-5810-2135
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Minaru44

Minaru44
1 week ago#162
Ah, damn. It's another Agarthium. I stumbled on a desert monster encounter the first time a short while ago. And that's over halfway into my second playthrough with a lot of grinding on each. Granted, I actually avoid monster aux battles most of the time on Hard since it's fairly pointless, so I may not have paid attention as well. ;) Still, as long as you are conseravtive with it, it should come in handy.

I know I will be at least partially stringing Caspar along on my Maddening run, did so for this one too. I used him mostly to grind aux battle maps in order to not overlevel... too much. Not that it made a difference on that. lol
FC: 3841-0076-6306, IGN (USUM): Aurora
My Sheet: https://goo.gl/U1qVzv Looking for legit/uncloned Shinies and 0 Speed Primals

User Info: MarkofWisdom

MarkofWisdom
1 week ago#163
The desert worm monsters and possibly wolves/birds are the only monster auxiliary battles I'll bother with aside from occasional rare monster fights. It's probably worth doing the desert worm battle once or twice and you'll have enough agarthium to last you most of the game.

The crescent sickle lances you can get from the remire village map are really useful, they actually managed to last without needing to be repaired until the time skip and then were a good staple heavy weapon to fall back on for Ingrid and Ferdinand in my first run.
3DS FC-1564-2439-6230
Switch: SW-0109-5810-2135

User Info: HolyAarom

HolyAarom
1 week ago#164
MarkofWisdom posted...
I saw someone ask about the reinforcements in that map in another thread, I think some people suggested it could be turn based and/or someone getting in range of the group enemies to the right staircase-by the heal spot/little hut there
It's either turn 10 or when you engage those mentioned enemies (along with the equivalent enemies near the stairs by the left side of the map.)

Minaru44
1 week ago#165
Maybe I'll put it in as extra data in the notes section, just for reference.

Hubert also has a Vulnerary in Foreign Land and Sky which can probably be stolen (didn't bother to test). I have no idea if Catherine on CF also did. Both were like: Here we are! Lysithea casts Miasma and they were gone. lol Not that anyone would care for a Vulnerary at that point but for completion's sake... If anyone still playing CF wants to pay attention if Catherine has one as well, let me know. Unfortunately it finally happened and I accidentally saved over my split save from my first playthrough so I can't even tear through it again to check. IS should really give us an option of locking saves. I don't even get why we are limited to 5 slots for a game with four different paths. Fates got nine in total for three games/paths and since save data is on the console now, it makes even less sense.
My Sheet: https://goo.gl/U1qVzv Looking for legit/uncloned Shinies and 0 Speed Primals

User Info: VioletGekko

VioletGekko
1 week ago#166
Retribution need to be moved to non-exclusive paralouge.

On my BL run I don't have Ferdie recruited and I have to kill him in month 3 main battle.
(edited 1 week ago)

VioletGekko
1 week ago#167
Minaru44 posted...
Yep, I had Leonie fly in nab the Elixir and Ring and fly away again. The Scythe actually looks useful considering the 100 hit rate and high crit. And it isn't crest-based either.
This map looks like it can give one issues on Maddening though, considering how isolated Mercedes and Caspar are. Has anyone figured out what triggers the reinforcements? The first I went in and fiddled around some, they triggered very early. When I tried again a few times and just staid still and nothing happened. I could even move Caspar and Mercedes to the right and they didn't spawn for several turns.

Killing all of humanoid enemies trigger it for me.

Minaru44
1 week ago#168
VioletGekko posted...

On my BL run I don't have Ferdie recruited and I have to kill him in month 3 main battle.

What exactly are you getting at? Of course you would have to recruit pre-skip for post-skip Paralogues since only a few cases exists that you can even recruit post-skip. That's common sense. Aside from that it's available on any route bar CF. So it is exclusive to 3 routes. Non-exclusive would mean you can do it on CF as well (which you can't).

Tested second wave conditions in Foreign Land and Sky for a bit. It triggers when Petra gets down to the bottom right. The exact marking is one row past the left stronghold (that you can capture for reinforcements) and the column with the center Stronghold. I DPed a little for the exact position and that is what I came up with. You also can't cheese it by warping and if you kill all enemies before moving Petra there, they also come in. Not sure if it also triggers after a certain number of turns, I'll try that in a moment. Capturing the left Stronghold affects nothing. I did it without and still got every Battalion.
(edited 1 week ago)

VioletGekko
1 week ago#169
Minaru44 posted...
VioletGekko posted...

What exactly are you getting at? Of course you would have to recruit pre-skip for post-skip Paralogues since only a few cases exists that you can even recruit post-skip. That's common sense. Aside from that it's available on any route bar CF. So it is exclusive to 3 routes. Non-exclusive would mean you can do it on CF as well (which you can't).

Tested second wave conditions in Foreign Land and Sky for a bit. It triggers when Petra gets down to the bottom right. The exact marking is one row past the left stronghold (that you can capture for reinforcements) and the column with the center Stronghold. I DPed a little for the exact position and that is what I came up with. You also can't cheese it by warping and if you kill all enemies before moving Petra there, they also come in. Not sure if it also triggers after a certain number of turns, I'll try that in a moment. Capturing the left Stronghold affects nothing. I did it without and still got every Battalion.

Thing is, I could access Retribution prior to month 3 battle in BL route with only Lythesia recruited. That's just odd.

Minaru44
1 week ago#170
Okay, end of Turn 9 seems to be when they spawn. So much for whittling them down in waves on Maddening.
Furthermore the area trigger is a bit different if Petra comes from the middle. On the row below the left strong hold, you'd need to be five tiles from the right edge to trigger (there is a yellow spirit right next to the one in questiin for all online players). It's basically when you come out of the forest on a non-tree tile to the right on the row below the lower-left stronghold and the same when you go down with the center row as the border.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Complete Paralogue Reward and Timeframe List
  • Post New Message