• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Yae or Nay: The Plot is better without TWSITD or a revamped version (spoil)

User Info: Salyer

Salyer
4 weeks ago#11
TwerpKnight posted...
I bet they put the slithery bois in the game so people would focus on them as being the real, true, absolutely 100% confirmed bad guys who caused all the bad things so people wouldn't feel the need to defend their choices on which route they took and which lord they sided with.

Clearly that didn't work out, though.

It wouldn't have worked since Edy does enough villainy and what TWSITD does on-screen could just be folded within the empire/Demitri's kingdom.

Salyer
4 weeks ago#12
sylawaatch posted...

The only edgelords are the ones complaining about the story when it is getting universal acclaim and even getting attention from non gaming publications.

You're an apologist for Edy and Slithery.

User Info: AlveinFencer

AlveinFencer
4 weeks ago#13
Edelmain posted...
Personally, I think Edelgard and Dimitri's routes would work better if TWSITD were instead just a mundane conspiracy of nobles who did basically the same things, but for more immediate and limited reasons - crest research to try and save their power, monsters as a plan to reconquer the Kingdom, so on and so forth.

But GD and the Church kind of need a TWS to properly scale - when you a have a plot about the literal reincarnation of a goddess and ancient history, you need an antagonist linked to them. Without a conspiracy linked to that time, the other alternative would be to make Rhea obviously evil on GD's route as well, which would mess with the ambiguity the game is going for.

I guess they could also go with a mundane conspiracy of nobles having found out Rhea's secret trying to exploit it, but... That risks feeling very petty if they handle it wrong.

Reminds me of when I was having a discussion about the Blood Pact and someone said it'd be better if Lekain just threatened to reveal that Pelleas wasn't Ashnard's son and my main issues were that A) you can't exactly prove it (There's no My Ancestry Tome or anything like that) and 2) why would the people take Lekain's word over Pelleas'?
Boku wa Dhaos wo taosu!
Everything you've said in the past, and everything you will ever say in the future is now meaningless.-KingofDeceit666

Salyer
4 weeks ago#14
The Blood Pact is just an excuse for Ike and Micaiah's armies to fight each-other without having one side be the obvious unprovoked aggressor needing to be ended.

Salyer
4 weeks ago#15
You name something TWSITD did and I'll tell how they didn't need to do it presently in the plot.

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
4 weeks ago#16
The plot would be better without missiles that TWSitD don't even use as often as they could, yes. That's just bad writing.

But then again, TH is nothing BUT bad writing. Even Fates managed to have a few good supports. TH doesn't even have that going for it.

Death Knight and Kronya both being failed Zelgius analogues namely

DK doesn't fail at it. He is a perfect copy.

.....Just that he's man enough to do it without literal plot armor~.

The only edgelords are the ones complaining about the story when it is getting universal acclaim and even getting attention from non gaming publications.

Stop making s*** up.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
4 weeks ago#17
If TWSITD go I think they also need to get rid of Byleth's backstory and let Byleth just be the son/daughter of a famed mercenary. Honestly it was Byleth's specialness that I found to be the least interesting part of the plot so far. Maybe church route will change my mind later.

User Info: raphaelz

raphaelz
4 weeks ago#18
MechaFlo posted...
If TWSITD go I think they also need to get rid of Byleth's backstory and let Byleth just be the son/daughter of a famed mercenary. Honestly it was Byleth's specialness that I found to be the least interesting part of the plot so far. Maybe church route will change my mind later.

I did the Church route. The "revelation" of Byleth's origins (which one could have guessed in the first few chapters of the game) was meh.

I usually hate "Chosen One" plots since they're all super derivative so maybe that's just me but yeah, I agree that I would have enjoyed Byleth more if he was just a highly skilled Professor who is able to wield the Sword of the Creator because he earned the Fire Crest thanks to his noble heart or high combat skills or whatever (maybe what makes him special could be that despite having 0 noble blood he has a Crest which could really shake things up with the nobility in the sense that highly skilled commonners can earn crests as well).
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Yae or Nay: The Plot is better without TWSITD or a revamped version (spoil)
  • Topic Archived