• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Fire Emblem has been killing it in sales

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
1 month ago#1
https://twitter.com/matpiscatella?lang=en

1. Madden NFL 20
3. Super Mario Maker 2
4. Marvel's Ultimate Alliance 3: Black Order
5. Minecraft
6. Grand Theft Auto V
7. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
8. Mortal Kombat 11
9. Mario Kart 8
10. Breath of the Wild
11. Spider-Man
12. Rainbow Six: Siege
13. Black Ops IIII
14. Crash Team Racing
15. Red Dead Redemption 2
16. The Division 2
17. MLB 19: The Show
18. New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
19. NBA 2K19
20. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

It has the highest launch month sales of any Fire Emblem game ever and has now become the #2 best selling game in franchise history in the US behind Awakening. Fire Emblem is bigger than ever!

On another note, how in the hell is GTAV still selling that well? You would think that everyone is the US would have the game by now.
"When he at the mic you don't go next" MF DOOM
NS FC: SW - 1251 - 6932 - 4815 3DS FC: 4313 - 2332 - 4563

User Info: Siriocaz

Siriocaz
1 month ago#2
GTA V has sold over 100 million copies worldwide, it makes total sense for it to still keep this kind of sales.

Good for Fire Emblem, though. Hopefully they keep improving the series.
Think you can take me?! *Beats with assault rifle* Don't forget me!

User Info: Charged151

Charged151
1 month ago#3
I'm glad for the series selling well. It has come a long way alright.
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
-George R.R. Martin

User Info: sylawaatch

sylawaatch
1 month ago#4
It's also important to note that this ranking doesn't include digital sales for Nintendo titles. The fact that it has already outsold Fates in america with physical sales only in 5 days speaks volumes.

The over the top weab bait and waifu bs was never the thing that made Awakening explode in popularity. It was accessibility, and I'm glad TH proved this while improving on all the flaws of Awakening and also s***ting all over Fates.
I woke up like dih!
http://abload.de/img/1255ns2d.gif

User Info: Namyks

Namyks
1 month ago#5
How is Madden still selling well? I thought even the most hardcore sports-game fans were getting pissed at how the series has been going recently.

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
1 month ago#6
Bore of the Walking is still in the top 10 but Super Mario Odyssey is gone? The f*** is this bulls***?

Also this chart is worthless without numbers. Very few of the games even on the list are even new at all. SMM2 came out last month and already saw its frontloaded sales. MUA3 is a licensed game, which are never big deals nowadays. And everything beneath MUA3 are months if not years old. So it's not telling us anything. Newer games beat out older games? No way. But by how much? THAT is the important detail.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: sylawaatch

sylawaatch
1 month ago#7
Namyks posted...
How is Madden still selling well? I thought even the most hardcore sports-game fans were getting pissed at how the series has been going recently.
Yes, but football is still a religion.
I woke up like dih!
http://abload.de/img/1255ns2d.gif

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
1 month ago#8
Six of the top ten games in the July NPD are Switch games. Mario, Zelda, and Smash selling that well shouldn't be a surprise, but Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 selling so well is a bit of a surprise. I can only imagine how much Pokemon Sword & Shield will sell (even with the controversy).
"When he at the mic you don't go next" MF DOOM
NS FC: SW - 1251 - 6932 - 4815 3DS FC: 4313 - 2332 - 4563

User Info: The_Juice_

The_Juice_
1 month ago#9
Namyks posted...

It's like CoD, a bunch of 25-35 year old guys being loud and complaining on the internet will never stop the 10-17 year old army from buying it every year. Just like Pokemon in a few months when it inevitably crushes sales.

I'm not saying that as a criticism, just that the people complaining aren't the target audience anyway.
Difference in men & women: http://i.imgur.com/kHCwK2p.jpg
Broncos l Raptors l Dodgers l Maple Leafs l UCLA

User Info: Namyks

Namyks
1 month ago#10
sylawaatch posted...
Namyks posted...
Yes, but football is still a religion.

I guess, but it still makes me sad that the only arcadey sports games are the Mario sports games.
  1. Boards
  3. Fire Emblem has been killing it in sales
  • Topic Archived