You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Is it worth unlocking the budding talents of these characters?

User Info: Freeze_Flare

Freeze_Flare
2 days ago#1
Currently at Chapter 6 of my Black Eagles run, just looked up Budding Talents and while I already unlocked some to reach the classes I want (like Bernadetta being a Bow Knight, Hubert being a Dark Knight, and Marianne as a Holy Knight); I want to know if the ff characters are worth having theirs unlocked:

Byleth
Edelgard
Dorothea
Petra
Ferdinand
Caspar
Lindhardt
Felix
Sylvain
Lysithea
Lorenz

User Info: TheBlackMage

TheBlackMage
2 days ago#2
Dorthea (and Byleth, if you're doing a caster build) want it not necessarily for the skill on unlocking it, but the increase to the rate at which they build Faith, especially Dorothea's weak Faith before the budding talent is finished.

Same thing for Ferdinand, if building towards Great Knight.

Felix and Sylvain only benefit if you are doing a caster build on them (but why would you?).

IDK about how useful Lysithea's is, but Petra, Caspar, Lindhardt, and Lorenz do not have a budding talent, unless I am missing something.
For the "End of the World" spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.
3DS FC: 4441-9299-2260

User Info: Freeze_Flare

Freeze_Flare
2 days ago#3
TheBlackMage posted...
Dorthea (and Byleth, if you're doing a caster build) want it not necessarily for the skill on unlocking it, but the increase to the rate at which they build Faith, especially Dorothea's weak Faith before the budding talent is finished.

Felix and Sylvain only benefit if you are doing a caster build on them (but why would you?).

IDK about how useful Lysithea's is, but Petra, Caspar, Lindhardt, and Lorenz do not have a budding talent, unless I am missing something.

I am planning to make Sylvain a Dark Knight, but I already have Hubert for that so...

I believe Lysithea gets access to Soulblade, which from what I read bases off Magic instead of Strength. Don't know how valuable that would be for a Gremory Lysithea.

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
2 days ago#4
Lysithea unlocks the Sword Art "Soulblade", which sounds good at least on paper; :
Magic attack. Attack’s Mt relies upon unit’s Res

Never came close to needing something like that on Hard!Classic; might have some use on Lunatic maybe?
My friend got his pajamas from the Area 51 gift shop. High-quality linen, alien patterns and a butt-flap.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
2 days ago#5
Salocool posted...
Lysithea unlocks the Sword Art "Soulblade", which sounds good at least on paper; :

Never came close to needing something like that on Hard!Classic; might have some use on Lunatic maybe?

Dorothea unlocks Hexblade, which as far as I can tell, is just a stronger Soulblade.
We are now in the era of Spongebob:
Get ready for Battle for Bikini Bottom remake.

User Info: NextGen_TB

NextGen_TB
2 days ago#6
Every one of Lysithia's spells is a nuke, why bother getting close to the enemy to use a sword for her combat art?
Everything from Nothing
3DS: 2148-8632-4200 Switch: SW-6004-6476-8419

User Info: Tmaster148

Tmaster148
2 days ago#7
TheBlackMage posted...

I would say Ferdinand likes Seal Spd even if Great Knight isn't the end game.

He gets a C rank lance Combat Art that debuffs defense and his crest makes it so sometimes the enemy can't counterattack when initiating. Makes him a decent initiator against beasts to weaken them for follow up attacks.

Also in my experience Ferninand was never able to shot one enemy units so tanking swordmasters/assassins on EP and debuffing their speed makes it easier for the rest of his team to either avoid being doubled or double them.

It certainly does not take much effort to unlock.
http://i.imgur.com/BBcZDLJ.png

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
2 days ago#8
NextGen_TB posted...
Every one of Lysithia's spells is a nuke, why bother getting close to the enemy to use a sword for her combat art?

It has a gimmick of relying on RES, so perhaps that can be useful? There's also a +10 hit, and I guess a Training Sword might have a lower Weight value than some spells?
My friend got his pajamas from the Area 51 gift shop. High-quality linen, alien patterns and a butt-flap.

User Info: saxrohmer

saxrohmer
2 days ago#9
Salocool posted...

I havent tried lysithea yet(im waiting for her route because she is so powerful...), but Marianne gets soulblade with her budding talent as well. With her sky high res(a nd Im pretty sure soulblade is technically an attack that is rated against the enemies res...) it one shotted the final Death Knight on Hard with a silver sword without having to crit. So... Good skill? She is still paper thin, but damn.
Five, Seven. Good children get nothing.

User Info: EdeaCreamer

EdeaCreamer
2 days ago#10
Oh, it's ONLY based on Res, rather than being based on Mag and getting a bonus from Res?
Fifth of cognac, add some triple-sec...
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Is it worth unlocking the budding talents of these characters?