You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. So let's say Edelgard does nothing at all. (Spoilers)

User Info: Aloner

Aloner
2 days ago#1
When do the crest shenanigans stop? When does Byleth get their heart beat back?

If the war was pointless then surely there are positive answers to these questions.

User Info: G-O-F

G-O-F
2 days ago#2
Aloner posted...
When do the crest shenanigans stop? When does Byleth get their heart beat back?

If the war was pointless then surely there are positive answers to these questions.

I think things would be pretty much status quo i guess, but i do believe someone else would just throw another rebellion or Slither would cook up trouble again.
Best Games of 2018 list: God of War, Spider Man, Monster Hunter World, Smash Ult
Playing 2019: DMC V, REmake 2, ToV DE, Sekiro, MK11, FE TH, Borderlands 3.

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
2 days ago#3
Byleth's heart is more than a lump of flesh in their ribs. Their heart is the experiences and love - both romantic and platonic - that they've shared with all the people they've formed bonds with. Feeling emotions bubble to the surface as they laugh over a shared meal or the relief of an ally's wound closing with healing magic. It's them giving the one they've fallen for Jeralt's ring, and their new spouse sharing their heart with them.

Lisa Simpson once said that some philosophers believe nobody is born with a soul, that it is something that has to be earned.

Now if you excuse me, I need to pick up my Keyblade from the shop.
https://society6.com/redpawdesigns
I draw stuff. Buy a pillow to support your butt AND my gaming backlog collection

User Info: SirBob1137

SirBob1137
2 days ago#4
Yeah, even if you play another house, the war Edleguard started was needed for anything at all to change

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
2 days ago#5
When Hanneman renders the differences between the Crest and crestless insignifigant in his epilogue?
We are now in the era of Spongebob:
Get ready for Battle for Bikini Bottom remake.

User Info: SC6

SC6
2 days ago#6
Do we still have Byleth?
PSN - NovaSol6(PS3/VITA), GreenTea_Sama(PS4)
3DS FC: 0533-5134-4439

User Info: Reimys

Reimys
2 days ago#7
Hanneman is literally right there.
3DS FC: 4656 - 7963 - 4906;
IGNs: Y Mimosa (????); AS Cinquefoil (????); M Emii (1328)

User Info: shulebs

shulebs
2 days ago#8
Well, I imagine Jeralt would either eventually tell Byleth their origins, or end up in the monastery anyways (maybe they'd cross paths with the knights during the events in Remire, which would still happen). This would eventually lead to Byleth being targetted by TWSITD, and getting their Sothis upgrade anyways. At this point, Rhea would pass power to Byleth, as she does in every non-Edelgard route, and they'd be a much brander leader for the Church from that point on.

Either that, or they would not get involved with the Church at all, and would just live out their human lifespan and eventually die. Since no one knows their true origin, their body would simply be burried with Sothis's Crest Stone, stopping Rhea's experimentations for good.

Meanwhile, in both scenarios, Dimitri and Claude would graduate, with Dimitri eventually going after TWSITD while being a much more balancd individual, while Claude promotes changes in Fódlan's culture through politics, instead of war. In an ideal scenario, Dimitri would eventually beat TWSITD, and Claude would set the path for Fódlan to open itself to the outside world and stop caring so much about Crests. Claude's action would specially be effective in scenario 1, where Rhea would be out of her seat of power, and Byleth would possibly be much more open to change.

And that's all assuming Edelgard did literally nothing. She could very well help with many of those things.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Fresita

Fresita
2 days ago#9
Crests will fade with time as stated in Sylvain's support since it becomes less probable to pass it by bloodline to future generations
Sorry for bad english , I try my best

User Info: JulieWx

JulieWx
2 days ago#10
shulebs posted...
Well, I imagine Jeralt would either eventually tell Byleth their origins, or end up in the monastery anyways (maybe they'd cross paths with the knights during the events in Remire, which would still happen). This would eventually lead to Byleth being targetted by TWSITD, and getting their Sothis upgrade anyways. At this point, Rhea would pass power to Byleth, as she does in every non-Edelgard route, and they'd be a much brander leader for the Church from that point on.

Either that, or they would not get involved with the Church at all, and would just live out their human lifespan and eventually die. Since no one knows their true origin, their body would simply be burried with Sothis's Crest Stone, stopping Rhea's experimentations for good.

Meanwhile, in both scenarios, Dimitri and Claude would graduate, with Dimitri eventually going after TWSITD while being a much more balancd individual, while Claude promotes changes in Fódlan's culture through politics, instead of war. In an ideal scenario, Dimitri would eventually beat TWSITD, and Claude would set the path for Fódlan to open itself to the outside world and stop caring so much about Crests. Claude's action would specially be effective in scenario 1, where Rhea would be out of her seat of power, and Byleth would possibly be much more open to change.

And that's all assuming Edelgard did literally nothing. She could very well help with many of those things.

Hmm, never thought of it like that, but I do agree Dimitri probably would've found out very soon. In BL, it sounds like a lot of the advisers (Gilbert, Rodrigue) were researching about it. Dimitri, before Edelgard threw a wrench in his mental state, was pretty close since he even said he suspected Arundel too. He even questioned Arundel when he arrived at the school about why he stopped funding the church.
(edited 2 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. So let's say Edelgard does nothing at all. (Spoilers)