You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Anyone else feels sick completing Edelgard's path? (spoilers)

User Info: Fresita

Fresita
2 days ago#11
Felt exactly the same. If I has any respect for Edelgard since she was displayed nicely in the first route a ran (GD) I lost an ounce of it every time she said "my teacher" in her own route

After justifying herself after murdering people she kinda lost me, let alone Hubert justifying her for siding with twsitd
Sorry for bad english , I try my best

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
2 days ago#12
RJ1771 posted...
flawed and corrupt society that was perpetuated by the church.

Umm, the Church has very little influence in the Smpire, how on earth were they perpetuating anything?
We are now in the era of Spongebob:
Get ready for Battle for Bikini Bottom remake.

User Info: Ad_Victoriam

Ad_Victoriam
2 days ago#13
Edelgard frees Fódlan from Rhea's insanity and corruption, leaving behind a world where one is judged by their merits and not their birth station. When you S support her, she says she plans on eradicating TWSitD before handing the empire to someone more capable. The question is whether you feel all the atrocities and death are worth the peace it brings.

A shame about dealing with TWSitD in the epilogue when they could've put that in her route to make up for the shorter length.
"Our wishes do not come true. We just cling on to our dreams, our phantoms. Mine and yours."

User Info: Amphaburos

Amphaburos
2 days ago#14
StellaLunaris posted...
Constant mood:

Ikr, all the while being extremely confused too on why I am taking my grievances up with ex students and the church when all she’s telling me is that TWSITD was the cause of all her suffering and dead family.
Glorious Doubles master race trainer

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
2 days ago#15
Vayu_The_End posted...
RJ1771 posted...
flawed and corrupt society that was perpetuated by the church.

Umm, the Church has very little influence in the Smpire, how on earth were they perpetuating anything?

RJ1771 posted...
Fresita posted...
It is not dominated by the church, do you really think that if the church had such powerful incidence over Fódlan, the empire would have any influence of the slitherers dominating them in the shadows? Everyone paints the church as the supreme ruling power of Fódlan and that is wrong, with all due respect
I will still disagree with this notion. The Kingdom is directly tied to the Church, and the Empire still has strong ties to it as well considering part of the ceremony for crowning a new Emperor usually requires that the Archbishop herself be present. Really only the Alliance has loose ties with them, but even still there's a couple factors that imply that the Church has a heavy influence across all of Fodlan.

-It's so important that the Church had to decentralize and split into the Central, Western, Eastern, and I think even Southern Churches.
-The Knights of Serios are often dispatched into the various territories to deal with various threats like rampaging bandits and such.
-The future nobility and military leaders from all three territories are sent to the Monastery to be raised and taught in accordance to the Church's teachings. Whether or not they buy into those teachings is up for grabs, but if the Church had so little influence with the three territories they wouldn't be sending the future leaders of their nations there to be taught.
-And there's the little tidbit that on the Church route Rhea specifically looks to Byleth and says "If anything happens to me I'm leaving all my sacred duties to you. It will be up to you to lead the people of Fodlan in my place."

The Church might not be calling down mandates from on high that the three territories must abide by, but it seems clear to me that the Church is at the center - literally and figuratively - of the collective whole of Fodlan society.
Since you ask specifically about the Empire, I'll also point out that the Church was there at the very founding of the Empire.
I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with them later.

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
2 days ago#16
I felt disgusted with myself and I'm usually the type to enjoy senseless slaughter of innocents.
Memes
Mommy Rhea's lap is best lap.

Vayu_The_End
2 days ago#17
RJ1771 posted...
The future nobility and military leaders from all three territories are sent to the Monastery to be raised and taught in accordance to the Church's teachings. Whether or not they buy into those teachings is up for grabs, but if the Church had so little influence with the three territories they wouldn't be sending the future leaders of their nations there to be taught.

That's only because they are, to the best of our knowledge, the cream of the crop when it comes to military academies. Attendance is obviously not mandatory as Edelgard is the first member of her house to go to that Academy in the past 200 years.

RJ1771 posted...
The Knights of Serios are often dispatched into the various territories to deal with various threats like rampaging bandits and such.

Zanado, which the church claims as holy territory and the kingdom, which allowed it since the Kingdom are closely tied to the church due to their role in legitimizing them.

Vayu_The_End
2 days ago#18
RJ1771 posted...
Since you ask specifically about the Empire, I'll also point out that the Church was there at the very founding of the Empire.

I should also point out that it has been pointed out that relations between the Church and Empire have been strained for centuries.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: JulieWx

JulieWx
2 days ago#19
Ad_Victoriam posted...
Edelgard frees Fódlan from Rhea's insanity and corruption, leaving behind a world where one is judged by their merits and not their birth station. When you S support her, she says she plans on eradicating TWSitD before handing the empire to someone more capable. The question is whether you feel all the atrocities and death are worth the peace it brings.

A shame about dealing with TWSitD in the epilogue when they could've put that in her route to make up for the shorter length.

I feel like no one is arguing about her intentions, but her methods can understandably make people feel disgusted morally if you didn't agree with the means she went about achieving her good intentions.

Felt like TWSITD problem was just tacked on in the epilogue just to make it not seem like a complete "bad guy" route and to show that Edelgard does eventually deal with the "bigger bad" albeit her priorities might be a bit backwards. But imo, just because she gets rid of them, doesn't automatically mean everything they did before and during the war, things that she basically watches as a bystander because she needs their support, just disappear. Still left a bad taste in my mouth that she worked with them, no matter how much of a "necessary evil" they keep emphasizing it as.

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
2 days ago#20
Vayu_The_End posted...
RJ1771 posted...
The future nobility and military leaders from all three territories are sent to the Monastery to be raised and taught in accordance to the Church's teachings. Whether or not they buy into those teachings is up for grabs, but if the Church had so little influence with the three territories they wouldn't be sending the future leaders of their nations there to be taught.

That's only because they are, to the best of our knowledge, the cream of the crop when it comes to military academies. Attendance is obviously not mandatory as Edelgard is the first member of her house to go to that Academy in the past 200 years.
Your point being? That still provides the church with a LOT of influence over the future leaders of each nation.

Zanado, which the church claims as holy territory and the kingdom, which allowed it since the Kingdom are closely tied to the church due to their role in legitimizing them.
Which just goes to show that the Kingdom is already in the bag, so that's one third of society.

Vayu_The_End posted...
RJ1771 posted...

I should also point out that it has been pointed out that relations between the Church and Empire have been strained for centuries.
Strained, but not broken, as is evident by the fact that the Archbishop is still meant to be there whenever a new Emperor is crowned. And while Edelgard herself might be the first Hresvelgr to attend in a few centuries, that doesn't change the fact that almost all of the nobility still sends their children to the Monastery.
I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with them later.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Anyone else feels sick completing Edelgard's path? (spoilers)