You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Anyone else feels sick completing Edelgard's path? (spoilers)

User Info: Amphaburos

Amphaburos
2 days ago#1
People tell me to play the BE route so I can understand Edelgard’s motivations. But I am more confused now than ever. Her suffering stems from TWSITD and for some reason she blames the church instead? That does t make sense at all.

At the end I just feel like a pawn of TWSITD, and killed so many students for it. In the other routes we seen Thales willing to Nuke himself if it meant killing the dragon kind. So even the footnote in the end where you kill him doesn’t really matter because his Mission is accomplished.
Glorious Doubles master race trainer

User Info: SirBob1137

SirBob1137
2 days ago#2
I did BE first, and felt bad about doing all the other routes. I like that one the most

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
2 days ago#3
Did you pay attention to what the narration in the epilogue said regarding how Edelgard's societal changes affected the whole of Fodlan after she wins? She wasn't waging a war of vengeance against the church, she was waging a revolution against a deeply flawed and corrupt society that was perpetuated by the church.

All the "discussions" on this board regarding her stem from whether or not you feel the ends justify her means.
I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with them later.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Ein

Ein
2 days ago#4
I found it very enjoyable slaughtering the lizards and students from the inferior houses

User Info: do2222

do2222
2 days ago#5
this is what happens when you don't take your waifus and husbandos to the fricken tea parties!.
FC: 3540-0419-0743

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
2 days ago#6
Constant mood:

https://i.imgtc.ws/Lwkgzqq.gif
https://society6.com/redpawdesigns
I draw stuff. Buy a pillow to support your butt AND my gaming backlog collection
RJ1771 posted...
Did you pay attention to what the narration in the epilogue said regarding how Edelgard's societal changes affected the whole of Fodlan after she wins? She wasn't waging a war of vengeance against the church, she was waging a revolution against a deeply flawed and corrupt society that was perpetuated by the church.

All the "discussions" on this board regarding her stem from whether or not you feel the ends justify her means.

This. Even if Edlgard's motivations were as shaky as you think, it clear that Rhea is off her rocker. I mean just listen to the way she describes how she wants to exact her revenge. Plus the epilogue establishes that it was a unified Fodlan that helped Edlegard focus on taking down TWSITD
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3

User Info: Reimys

Reimys
2 days ago#8
Affected the whole of Fodlan, but I really wasn't reassured by the way those credit blurbs were written as opposed to the other routes.

Affect can be for good or bad.
3DS FC: 4656 - 7963 - 4906;
IGNs: Y Mimosa (????); AS Cinquefoil (????); M Emii (1328)

User Info: GreenMage7

GreenMage7
2 days ago#9
https://m.imgur.com/F6c7lPH

User Info: Poison-puffs

Poison-puffs
2 days ago#10
I’m playing it right now and i’m doing the bridge map and I’m just like why are we attacking Claude he’s neutral your beef is with the Church and the Kingdom not the Alliance
Star Platinum OP please nerf - Dio Brando
Sheer Heart Attack has no weakness
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Anyone else feels sick completing Edelgard's path? (spoilers)