You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: dexstiny

dexstiny
2 days ago#1
Im about to start my next playthrough with the GDs and in there I'm about to make my Lorenz a dark Knight with a focus on Lance but obviously Reason as well.

Lysithea is the residential Nuke

But I'm also intending to make my Bylass Magic oriented instead of the sword focused class in my previous playthrough. Would having 3 magic users feel a little too much? Just for novelty sake

User Info: TEzeon431

TEzeon431
2 days ago#2
Use as many as you want. Mages are pretty OP in this game.
Who the f*** is chunkyshtew?
-Endgame, 2019

User Info: Archwing3441

Archwing3441
2 days ago#3
No, first run, I had like 5
(Byleth, Lysinthea, Ignatz, Lorenz, and Marianne). It’s fine, most enemies are weak to magic and anyone who isn’t is weak to archers (other mages and pegasus/falcon knights).
Edit: I forgot Flayn, my dancing mage, so 6.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KztZmZDNCVg
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: dexstiny

dexstiny
2 days ago#4
TEzeon431 posted...

Will I feel lacking in variety? Since I also realised I'll have no sword user

User Info: Comyx

Comyx
2 days ago#5
I don't think so?
I always try to have 4, because they double as healers.
So I end up deploying 6-8 physical attackers and 4 mage/healers. Sometimes if the deploy is 10 I might go 7/3, but overall I tend to use all four mages.
PC/Switch/PS4/3DS
Not at all, giving skills to byleth is surprisingly easy if you have a lot of teacher rank, so he can get magic skills for when he gets his story class.

Nosferatu is a great magic that can help you in tough spots.

Also, i'm not sure about gd endgame since I only beat be and bl, but you will have to fight a lot of fortress knights and warmasters with plenty of defence, so some magic can be really useful

User Info: Gladiant

Gladiant
2 days ago#7
In BL I have 3 mage, 2 healer, 2 archer and 3 wyvern. The only one who is not ranger or flier is Dimitri because his lord class. All other melee unit are suck hard in this game and you shouldn't bother with them.
Pokemon Moon - FC: 0190-2774-1631

User Info: NinoTheSage

NinoTheSage
2 days ago#8
dexstiny posted...
Variety doesn't really matter given how many peoples' teams are like 5+ wyverns.

5 mages is fine. You can't blitz through maps like that, but you can still clear maps easy. Besides, after the advanced class 12 DEF reset, Nosferatu tanking actually works decently well with a defensive batallion.

User Info: SirBob1137

SirBob1137
2 days ago#9
Early run, no, but by the time you have tons of spells on each, you can make due with two. Still, 3 is fairly ideal

User Info: TEzeon431

TEzeon431
2 days ago#10
dexstiny posted...
TEzeon431 posted...

I feel lacking in variety when all my units are either 1 of 4 classes (Wyvern Lord/Bow Knight/War Master/Sniper)

But it wins.
Who the f*** is chunkyshtew?
-Endgame, 2019